English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Music

Old 06 October 2013, 20:04   #1
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

Annex: Skyflight + Spirit of Amiga

On the top of my AmigaOS 3.9 installation disk it says it has an audio track called "Skyflight" (5 min), performed by Annex (heard in [ Show youtube player ]). However my disk only has the data track and I have heard that the later copies of the disc don't have this audio track included.

Does anyone have this track?

Also I am looking for the track called "The Spirit of Amiga", a track I have only seen references but haven't found any other info.

I have bought the "Theme of Amiga" CD from Vesalia (http://www.vesalia.de/e_theme.htm) and I'd love to hear more of these Amiga-related tracks by Annex (I think the band doesn't exist anymore)
Old 06 October 2013, 21:21   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga_CDTV View Post
On the top of my AmigaOS 3.9 installation disk it says it has an audio track called "Skyflight" (5 min), performed by Annex (heard in [ Show youtube player ]). However my disk only has the data track and I have heard that the later copies of the disc don't have this audio track included.

Does anyone have this track?
Hi Amiga_CDTV,

I have both the original AmigaOS 3.9 CD with red artwork label and the later SE version with pink artwork label. According to the labels on each, both discs have that audio track included.

So yes, I have it twice over!

Is yours not an original disc, then?
Old 06 October 2013, 21:42   #3
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

Hi.
My CD is like this one (http://www.vesalia.de/e_os39.htm), but it's not that bright red, I'd say it's very light red but not quite pink And yes, this is an original disc from an Amiga reseller and the cd-case was still sealed with a Haage&Partner sticker when I got it.

When I got it I asked about the music track but I was told that the later releases of the disc didn't have it (eventough it's mentioned on the disc label!).
Old 06 October 2013, 23:29   #4
prowler
Global Moderator

That one at Vesalia is the same as my original AmigaOS 3.9 CD (the red one). Like yours, it's not quite as definite a red as they make it look, but I guess that's deliberate on their part to make it quite clear that it's not the SE version.

And that makes your CD one of the earlier discs to be released, so it should have the audio track included if what you've heard about the later ones is true.

I'll give both my discs a spin tomorrow and see what they contain.
Old 07 October 2013, 21:20   #5
prowler
Global Moderator

There is a 5 minute CD audio track on both my AmigaOS 3.9 CDs which I was able to play this evening using the CD player in my HiFi system.

The first track on each disc is CD-ROM data and the second track is CD-Audio.

I doubt that the CD-Audio content is missing from any original AmigaOS 3.9 CD. Maybe the real difficulty is playing a disc which doesn't conform strictly to the CD-DA (Compact Disc Digital Audio) Red Book standard.

Compact Disc Formats Explained

Last edited by prowler; 07 October 2013 at 21:45.
Old 08 October 2013, 19:57   #6
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

Still no luck, none of my cd- drives or cd-player see more than the data-track.
Old 08 October 2013, 20:00   #7
prowler
Global Moderator

Have you tried it in a Video or Audio DVD player?

It's more likely to play on newer equipment.
Old 08 October 2013, 22:14   #8
zipper

Opened my 1. batch CD on Windows - not seen there. But Windows Media Player and Cyberlink did find that track, unknown 5.00.
Old 09 October 2013, 22:31   #9
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

I have now tried two audio-cd -players, one dvd- player and two computers and none of them seems anything else than the data track on the disc. On my Macbook's disk utility I can see that there is an empty area of about 50 mb at the end of the disc, I presume that it is the space for the audio track but this version of the disc just doesn't have it.