English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 July 2012, 12:10   #561
gibs
Banned

Thanks for your message.
I did the code some month ago for TL to works with ClassicWB but I don't have a clue of what I did with it... Anyway...If you have to add for example 8 games with difference letters, and if you do it by connecting your CF on your PC (I don't think you download your slave with the Amiga etc) then believe me, you will lose more time by dropping each games in each directories.

AFAIK, organizing games by letters is to avoid WB navigation slowdown and memory consumption, but if you have lot of games in those subdirectories, it will be the same issue.

Tiny Launcher can

-Realtime scan (cool if you have few games/demos, you don't have to create/refresh the database, and the navigation is faster, as you browse in RAM)

-Database (by pressing F1 you build the database, ithe navigation is a bit slower as you often access the database, but if you have lot of game you don't have to scan each time...)

For the first mode it is useless to lose more time as it's done in realtime, so as I said, I will add a second level in the database mode...later

I will release a new version with bug correction soon.
Old 24 July 2012, 18:40   #562
blanka

It's really amazong how incredibly fast TinyLauncher scans my Directories for .slave-Files.

Old 24 July 2012, 19:42   #563
emuola
Registered Whdload user

I think this has been mentioned before, but I guess the reason people (including me) would like to have the capability of scanning more than one sub level of the directory tree, is the Killlergorilla's preinstalled whdload packs. Those are organised like this:

A - A10 Tank killer - .slave

and so on...

It will/would be pretty complicated to organise the folder structure in a way that the "midle folder" (in this case A10 tank killer) would be removed and all the games would be under a certain alphabet.

Tiny launcher is an awesome piece of software The scan speed and the overall quality is something I haven't seen in years for example among Windows/Appstore software I really hope you'd find the "missing bits of code" somewhere gibs, to make tinylauncher KG whdload packs compatible
Old 24 July 2012, 20:52   #564
gibs
Banned

Ok, I'll rework on that.

BTW my Killergorilla's are not organized by subdirectories when I unzip them. They are all in the same level.

Ex:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tin...lerGorilla.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tin...erGorilla2.jpg
Old 25 July 2012, 19:12   #565
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibs View Post
Ok, I'll rework on that.

BTW my Killergorilla's are not organized by subdirectories when I unzip them. They are all in the same level.

Ex:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tin...lerGorilla.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tin...erGorilla2.jpg
Great to hear, you're "on the case" Strange thing about the KG archives. If I unpack the KG archives I always get a directory (inside which the actual file(s) are) named exactly as the archive.
Old 25 July 2012, 22:56   #566
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuola View Post
Great to hear, you're "on the case" Strange thing about the KG archives. If I unpack the KG archives I always get a directory (inside which the actual file(s) are) named exactly as the archive.
Unpack them in the miggy.
Old 25 July 2012, 23:21   #567
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
So, is the original point of KG achives *not* to have a directory/game? Haven't tested the archives in Dopus, but does the AmigaOS unpacker(s) somehow "automatically omit the directory in the middle?
Old 25 July 2012, 23:26   #568
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Nah, the KG packs have seperate folder per game inside the zip archives. No matter where you unpack them. In other words: The preinstallened game folders+Info files are in zip or lha archives.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 25 July 2012 at 23:34.
Old 25 July 2012, 23:46   #569
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
... It's not recommended to unzip the games on PC and then copy them over to the Amiga. You should put the zip on the CF card and unzip them on the Amiga...
Old 25 July 2012, 23:49   #570
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yeah, but thats a different problem with some exotic Amiga file names which Windows can't unpack properly. Has nothing to do with the folders inside the archives.
Old 26 July 2012, 00:16   #571
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, if you unpack them in the Pc it won't unpack them right. That's just what I tell (twice). Has nothing to do with the folders, but you first follow my advice as doing it in the Pc is wrong, not god, not bad, wrong.

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 July 2012 at 01:56.
Old 26 July 2012, 00:26   #572
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Only app. 5% of the games get problems if you unpack them in Windows. Emuola ask about the sub folder/game folder scan issue in Tiny Launcher.

What i said is: There is a game folder in every zip/lha archiv, no matter where you unpack them. Read and understand.

e.g.

1869_v1.2_AGA_De_1653.zip

1869AGA (folder)
1869AGA.info

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 26 July 2012 at 00:35.
Old 26 July 2012, 01:51   #573
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Only app. 5% of the games get problems if you unpack them in Windows.
I don't want to discuss. I didn't answer to your problem either if Retro-Nerd understands it, it's just a tip as you're making it in the PC. OK, so listen to Retro-Nerd if you want and don't make it in the miggy.

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 July 2012 at 02:05.
Old 26 July 2012, 14:38   #574
gibs
Banned

I think Retrofan is right, if you want to avoid problems unzip them in the Miggy
I won't bet you can unzip the whole KG archive on Windows without any problems.
I won't
Old 26 July 2012, 18:59   #575
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
So, is the original point of KG achives *not* to have a directory/game? Haven't tested the archives in Dopus, but does the AmigaOS unpacker(s) somehow "automatically omit the directory in the middle?
I refered to that post, guys. And yes, most of the WHDLoad games works fine if you unpack them in Windows. If you want to be 100% safe, then unpack them on the miggy. Got problems in app. 7-8 games, after testing maybe 800-1000 WHDLoad games.

But the point was, and i wrote it several times: It doesn't matter where you unpack them, there is ALWAYS a gamefolder inside the archives.
Old 26 July 2012, 19:13   #576
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Quote:
Got problems in app. 7-8 games, after testing maybe 800-1000 WHDLoad games.
Could you tell me which ones had problems so that I can unpack those again on my Miggy
Old 26 July 2012, 19:16   #577
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...hdload+windows

There are probably a few more, but not that many, e.g. Puzznic was already patched to fix this issue.
Old 26 July 2012, 19:23   #578
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Quote:

There are probably a few more, but not that many, e.g. Puzznic was already patched to fix this issue.
Thanks Retro-Nerd!
Old 26 July 2012, 19:30   #579
spanner
none

Quote:

I will say one thing about this is make sure if you are copting them from a Windows directory that the permisions on the files are correct if they are not when reading the folder with WinUAE it woun't pick up all the files in the folder,(so it like they are not there)I know this cos is has done it with me ,it happens when you reinstall your OS(Windows)on your PC.I just copied a game from my pc using WinUAE and it didn't copy all the files so the game can't run.

Oh and I allways copy my files from my pc uncompressed(I uncompess them on the PC then send them to the Amiga(But I know everything about windows,Well have too,to be a PC engineer.. )But i have not had a problem with it.

Last edited by spanner; 26 July 2012 at 19:42.
Old 26 July 2012, 23:06   #580
spanner
none

I was thinking of stead of a screenshot of the game maybe a pic of the icon,most of the games have pic of the game on the icon...??