English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.EAB File Server

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 14 September 2018, 09:00   #2141
Retro_71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 21
I keep getting
530 Sorry, your maximum number of connections from this IP (1) has been reached

I am in filezilla and am using one connection even when i restart the computer still get this message (trying to dowmload a readme).
Any ideas?
Retro_71 is offline  
Old 14 September 2018, 11:49   #2142
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 12,896
Regarding your error, it's probably due to too many anonymous accounts connected / currently downloading:
  • The anonymous ftp user have been changed to 50kb/sec max download speed.
  • The anonymous ftp user have been changed from 40 logins max to 20.
Your other option is to use the GoogleDrive.
DamienD is online now  
Old 14 September 2018, 12:41   #2143
Turran
Moderator

Turran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Age: 44
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro_71 View Post
I keep getting
530 Sorry, your maximum number of connections from this IP (1) has been reached

I am in filezilla and am using one connection even when i restart the computer still get this message (trying to dowmload a readme).
Any ideas?

If I remember correctly (I dont use Filezilla), there is an option to "Continue browsing while downloading". You have to disable that or it will still try to open a new connection to download any files.
If you get that error when just trying to log in though, its something else. If you manage to log in but get that message when trying to download, that's probably it.
Turran is offline  
Old 14 September 2018, 13:30   #2144
BullyDog
Registered User

BullyDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas USA
Age: 68
Posts: 105
When I get that message it means I am still connected. I'd have to wait til it says I've disconnected.
BullyDog is offline  
Old 20 September 2018, 02:29   #2145
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Retrofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lanzarote/Spain
Posts: 6,001
I've uploaded to Uploads/Retrofan some short HAM videos that my mate Amiten sent me, and I've added a script launcher so you unpack the zip file and then in your Amiga you only have to click what HAM video you want to watch .

Edit: This is thought for OS3.9

Last edited by Retrofan; 25 September 2018 at 02:37.
Retrofan is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 21:38   #2146
Picollo30
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Porto
Posts: 8
is the ftp down?

i cant seem to login

usually i use User: ftp and pass: any and it's been 2 days that i can't login to it
Picollo30 is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 21:45   #2147
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geordie Land
Age: 51
Posts: 4,088
Works fine via web browser or FTP client
DH is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 21:58   #2148
Picollo30
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Porto
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Works fine via web browser or FTP client
are these credentials correct? can you confirm?

user: ftp
pass: any
Picollo30 is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:00   #2149
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geordie Land
Age: 51
Posts: 4,088
Code:
host: grandis.nu
port: 21
user: ftp
pass: any
I presume you're using an ftp client, which one are you using?
DH is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:04   #2150
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picollo30 View Post
is the ftp down?

i cant seem to login

usually i use User: ftp and pass: any and it's been 2 days that i can't login to it
Your issue will be that too many anonymous users are currently connected

...unfortunately once they connect they seem to stay connected for days / months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
  • The anonymous ftp user have been changed to 50kb/sec max download speed.
  • The anonymous ftp user have been changed from 40 logins max to 20.
Turran; maybe it's a good idea to kick anonymous users off the server after 3 days of constant connection if possible?


@Picollo30; as detailed in the 1st post, your only option when this occurs is to use the Google Drive; or post more on EAB so that you can get your own account (50 posts isn't a lot really)...

Last edited by DamienD; 24 September 2018 at 22:15.
DamienD is online now  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:05   #2151
Picollo30
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Porto
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Code:
host: grandis.nu
port: 21
user: ftp
pass: any
I presume you're using an ftp client, which one are you using?
i'm logging through google chrome, used to work every time with these same credentials, now it just keeps asking for the pass

i will install filezilla and see if it works from there

edit: nope installed filezilla and it gives some kind of error

Error 530 Sorry, your account is restricted to 20 simultaneous logins.
Error: Critical Error: Couldn't connect to server
Picollo30 is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:12   #2152
Picollo30
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Porto
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
No guys, read my post above your last two...
what does the error mean Damien?

google chrome worked for me everytime with these credentials, i didn't even need to put the port 21 detail
Picollo30 is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:13   #2153
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geordie Land
Age: 51
Posts: 4,088
perhaps you have logged on too many times via the web browser method, not sure if that can be sorted via clearing your browser cache or not. You may need to wait a bit for the server to auto kick you off for inactivity.
DH is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:14   #2154
Picollo30
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Porto
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
perhaps you have logged on too many times via the web browser method, not sure if that can be sorted via clearing your browser cache or not. You may need to wait a bit for the server to auto kick you off for inactivity.
but it's related to too many users on the ftp idling right?
Picollo30 is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:17   #2155
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geordie Land
Age: 51
Posts: 4,088
Perhaps, I don't really know, however, I logged on once via web browser and now I can't make the regular user connection via Filezilla getting the exact same error :s

Perhaps something is borked when using the browser method
DH is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:21   #2156
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picollo30 View Post
what does the error mean Damien?

google chrome worked for me everytime with these credentials, i didn't even need to put the port 21 detail
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
perhaps you have logged on too many times via the web browser method, not sure if that can be sorted via clearing your browser cache or not. You may need to wait a bit for the server to auto kick you off for inactivity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picollo30 View Post
but it's related to too many users on the ftp idling right?
No, no, no... both, please read my post here

I'll also write it in bold for you; only 20 anonymous accounts are allowed on the FTP at once.

If I look at who's currently connected via the Admin console, virtually all are anonymous users (besides "icycool" who's constantly leeching stuff)... 20 in fact so you will not get connected until one drops off, whenever that may be:



...as you can see, some anonymous users have been connected for 153 and 79 days straight trying to leech as much as they can

Last edited by DamienD; 24 September 2018 at 22:29.
DamienD is online now  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:21   #2157
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geordie Land
Age: 51
Posts: 4,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Turran; maybe it's a good idea to kick anonymous users off the server after 3 days of constant connection if possible?
Missed this post

I wholeheartedly agree with this DamienD

And sorry I missed your post, I now understand
DH is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:21   #2158
Picollo30
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Porto
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Perhaps, I don't really know, however, I logged on once via web browser and now I can't make the regular user connection via Filezilla getting the exact same error :s

Perhaps something is borked when using the browser method
i'll try clearing cache cookies for the site, if that doesnt work i'll try later, as it's not working with filezilla as well (critical error can't connect to server)

@DamienD i understand now, i'll try the google drive solution, meanwhile i will try to up my postcount here on the board
Picollo30 is offline  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:36   #2159
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Missed this post

I wholeheartedly agree with this DamienD

And sorry I missed your post, I now understand
No problem my friend

...but this issue comes up time and time again; I really wish people would actually read the 1st post in it's entirety before connecting anonymously; it's there for a reason and gives all details.
DamienD is online now  
Old 24 September 2018, 22:43   #2160
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 12,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picollo30 View Post
@DamienD i understand now, i'll try the google drive solution, meanwhile i will try to up my postcount here on the board
Cool

...no one is forcing you to up your post count, but if want to use the "EAB File Server" anonymously then you'll be restricted in terms of:
  • Number of these connections allowed (trust me, there are virtually always 20 accounts connected).
  • Very slow download speeds.
Only option really is to use the Google Drive.
DamienD is online now  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
While EAB file server is down... Retroplay project.EAB File Server 23 31 December 2013 01:48
Setting up an EAB file server account. fatman2021 project.EAB 1 26 August 2013 09:24
Is EAB file server deleted ? Ribdevil project.EAB File Server 13 03 February 2012 20:28
EAB File Server structure update TCD project.EAB File Server 38 18 November 2010 07:49
EAB File Server team reinforcement TCD project.EAB File Server 9 22 August 2010 21:39

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.11890 seconds with 16 queries