English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 01 February 2016, 21:16   #1
Blackgoat

adf sdf temp, where are my data?

What a wonderful idea, FS UAE loaded origninal .adf file, then saves to .sdf file in save states.

But when I overwrite adf file with sdf (and of course rename it to adf), in floppy directory there is new file (2,1mb big, why?) but in emulation there is good old adf with unchanged data.

What can i do, please? Is there some temporary directory which must be deleted?
Old 03 February 2016, 22:30   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, the .sdf file isn't a complete copy of the file. It is an overlay file, which contains the *changes* to the ADF file. It's also bigger because it is an "Extended ADF" file which can store non-DOS tracks.

This is all very well, but unfortunately, you cannot replace the .adf with the .sdf. What you have to do is either to use:
- writable_floppy_images option do disable this feature, or to "convert" an existing .adf/.sdf pair:
- fire up an FS-UAE instance with writable_floppy_images and use a disk copier to copy from the source .adf(+.sdf) to a new .adf.

I'm aware that this is cumbersome, so there's a possible that one of the following this will happen in the future:
- the default behavior might change at some point, storing .adf copies in the state dir instead,
- or provide a simple-to-use function (in either FS-UAE or FS-UAE Launcher) to write back data to the original .adf.
Old 19 April 2018, 20:30   #3
Playaveli
GoalScoringSuperstarHero

Send a message via ICQ to Playaveli Send a message via AIM to Playaveli Send a message via MSN to Playaveli
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
- fire up an FS-UAE instance with writable_floppy_images and use a disk copier to copy from the source .adf(+.sdf) to a new .adf.
Didn't work for me! I've put that line to Advanced settings list, still nothing saved on the ADF file I used. Also, the line keeps disappearing automatically.

(latest MAC dev version!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post

I'm aware that this is cumbersome, so there's a possible that one of the following this will happen in the future:
- the default behavior might change at some point, storing .adf copies in the state dir instead,
- or provide a simple-to-use function (in either FS-UAE or FS-UAE Launcher) to write back data to the original .adf.
Badly needed!

Last edited by Playaveli; 19 April 2018 at 20:57.