English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 31 August 2017, 03:40   #1
White

User disappointed without assistance

Good morning, I have reinstalled amiga forever 2016, it does not make me updates and I am not downloading amigasys and amikit, also i can not see your site and even send you an email and report an error,
How can I do??
Thank you

Last edited by White; 31 August 2017 at 03:43. Reason: error
Old 31 August 2017, 14:52   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
Good morning, I have reinstalled amiga forever 2016, it does not make me updates and I am not downloading amigasys and amikit, also i can not see your site and even send you an email and report an error,
How can I do??
Thank you
What do you mean, you think it will auto update to 2017?
Why would you download amigasys / amikit. Last time I checked they were included with the disc.

http://www.amigaforever.com works fine and for email / support
http://www.amigaforever.com/support/
Old 31 August 2017, 21:44   #3
White

Hi FOL, thanks for the reply,
I wanted to buy upgrade to version 2017, but since I uninstalled the version and then I reinstalled it on another partition I do not see any updates, I bought the digital version

Reference number: XXXXXXX
Payment Methods: Visa / MasterCard
Date / Time: 2015-11-28 21:02:45
Total Order: 29.95 EUR

------

Product Name: Amiga Forever 2016 Plus Edition (Download)
Product code: AF-2016-Plus-EUR
Quantity: 1
Price / unit: 24.55 EUR
Tax (VAT): 5.40 EUR

Total: 29.95 EUR

my firewall is configured well i can not in any way from my computer to access the cloanto site.
Obviously with other devices I log on normally I sent them an email but no response
this is the error code 0x80072EFD but my computer works perfectly
here the link to download the digital version but also there does not let me access

https://secure.avangate.com/?sid=XXXXXX

I can assure you that I use the computer without problems linux bsd windows etc.
but it's as if my computer can not reach in any way Cloanto.
SoftwareDirector makes me mistake is telling me to send an email with my data but also there I can not send anything. That's all I hope someone can help.
Thank you
Old 31 August 2017, 23:17   #4
DamienD
Banned

I hate to be negative but... from what I've read over the many, many, many years; good luck with getting any meaningful support from Cloanto...

I mean; just look at this support.Amiga Forever section of EAB... people come here to post for help as they've had nothing from Cloanto after posting on their forum / e-mailing etc. They sell their product and run...

I still don't get why people buy this rubbish?!? Ok yes, you get "their" ROMs / ADFs legally...

I've said it so many times before; the brains behind their package is WinUAE. Without this they are absolutely f$%ked

Ok, so ignoring all of the above I've mentioned, they've probably also paid someone semi-knowledgeable to slap together some pre-built .HDFs. I guess it's ok for absolute beginners but nothing any Amiga users couldn't replicate (and improve on) yourself...

...and don't get me started on their shite "front-end" which seems to modify basic WinUAE inputs and fails
Old 31 August 2017, 23:25   #5
White

Hi DamienD, thank you for your reply, I agree with you were years I did not use winuae now I use it daily since I have again taken the program, however nothing special i will buy anything from them anymore.
Ah, if I use a proxy, I can reach the Cloanto site.
But I'm sorry, patience I spend my money elsewhere :-)
Old 31 August 2017, 23:28   #6
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I spend my money elsewhere :-)
Like donating to Master "Toni Wilen" instead

...that's what I do as much as I can; and worth every pound

With supporting Toni you will get:
  • Expert Amiga hardware / software knowledge.
  • Expert knowledge on all MS Windows platforms that WinUAE runs on.
  • 24 / 7 support.
  • Constant bug fixes / investigations / resolutions.
  • Friendly, helpful answers.
  • Loads of other stuff that I've forgotten to mention.
Old 31 August 2017, 23:34   #7
White

You DamienD are right, every time I ask something about Tony is always helpful and kind and thanks to him that I use AfaOS wb3.9 Amiga4.1fe1 today.
I think yours is a great advice
Thank you.
Old 06 September 2017, 13:42   #8
mcb

Quote:
How can I do??
Did you try amigaforever.com/support?

As a policy, all customer purchases can be re-downloaded or updated.

This also applies to older Amiga software from the 1980s and 1990s.

All versions of Amiga Forever and Amiga Explorer since version 1.0 are still supported for auto-updates. Even Amiga Forever 2016 should show some minor updates released in 2017.

Having said that, maybe you are asking in the wrong place. Somebody created this section named "Amiga Forever", but this is not an official support forum (from some replies, it sometimes looks like an anti-support place...)

If there is demand beyond one-on-one and self-serve support, as your post suggests, perhaps Cloanto indeed ought to set up an official forum section. I'll see that the issue is raised.

The symptoms you describe would make me want to check whether an overaggressive antimalware or adblocker app are involved. Here are some tips I posted on the topic.

Last edited by mcb; 06 September 2017 at 13:54.
Old 06 September 2017, 22:10   #9
White

@mcb
thanks for your response and your help, from the time it came out amigaforever 2017 I was going to upgrade from 2016 to 2017 and in the proposed updates there is the update present to download obviously paying,
at that time I did not do it then I returned after a few days to upgrade but at that point the site amiga forever became unreachable by my firefox browsers etc. I use comodo internet security ever since, using a proxy I reach their site so I guess I do not know the reason, I did not investigate more than so much, it's probably as if my IP address is blocked by android or other servers visit the site quietly,
I sent more than one email to the cloanto for support but I never received a response.
In the digital version I purchased amikit and amigasys you have to download it after installation is not included in the installation package.
I have the link to download the digital version but it tells me that the link is non-existent.
There is nothing safe in the computer field but the only application that creates problems is that of the cloanto, indeed I was disappointed, no one has ever sent an answer to my problem I would not post in this section.

Of course I have the registration and the product registration data and the link where I download a version in case of digital version loss but it does not work anymore I think the problem resides on their servers, the problem occurred a week before the release new version 2017 did not get me to reach their site again.

My not a rude answer should be the Cloanto to respond to its customers by email or other media.

However, thank you very much for your response, you have been very kind.
Thank you.

Last edited by White; 06 September 2017 at 22:18. Reason: error
Old 06 September 2017, 22:16   #10
mcb

Quote:
@mcb
I sent more than one email to the cloanto for support but I never received a response.
There is no support email address (unless you start from the /support page in the previous post), so maybe it went to Avangate (the ecommerce provider)?

Anyway, feel free to drop me your contact details in a direct message, and I will see if I find any messages. Perhaps there was a reply and it ended up in a spam filter on your side. Would be +1 for a forum approach...
Old 06 September 2017, 22:27   #11
White

@ Hi, mcb
Thanks the same no matter, at the time I use winuae a year ago I had taken amiga forever 2016 because I did not have the time for personal reasons to resume to configure for good everything wb3.1 afaOS amiga4.1 etc.
Today I have practically all Amiga configurations a great computer is a nice system so much to use it every day on the internet including netsurf for watching movies on youtube, i'm glad.
Probably I will support Toni and Winuae.
Thanks again for your availability.
Old 07 September 2017, 01:40   #12
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
but this is not an official support forum (from some replies, it sometimes looks like an anti-support place...)
I can only assume that this response is after my post; that's ok, I'm totally cool with that

...thing is, I've been around many, many, many years and I always hear the same issues when it comes to "Amiga Forever" i.e. lack of support.

So I voiced my opinion on the subject... Maybe not good considering I'm a Global Moderator (ok, people may listen to my opinion but I doubt it; they have their own minds, and I really hope that they make their own analysis after personal experience)...

At the end of the day, EAB has no ties to "Amiga Forever" so I'll be my usual self i.e. honest

You can see from one member it's an issue; read the rest of this section to see all the unanswered stuff

In fact; if you are really serious about supporting your paid users, then I suggest you get one of your team to read through this very small section and address all unanswered issues / problems ASAP

Quote:
<snip>
<snip>

<snip>
but the only application that creates problems is that of the cloanto, indeed I was disappointed, no one has ever sent an answer to my problem I would not post in this section.
<snip>
...and this is only from people who actually found EAB / bothered to post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
Would be +1 for a forum approach...
Yes; as you can see this section of EAB is like a graveyard... People only post here as a last resort after trying to contact Cloanto with no response at all

Considering EAB is probably one of; if not the most; active Amiga forums, it's in your interest / makes sense for you guys to have your own section and then actively monitor. Designated people from your side can be made "moderators" if required.

So, by all means; let's get this setup!!!

At the end of the day it will only help your product / image
Old 09 September 2017, 00:00   #13
White

Hi, I apologize if I return to the subject
then I solved the problem (although it really is not a solution)
completely uninstalling amigaforever 2016 then going to delete entries in the system registry manually (regedit)
The site appears to be reachable again from my browser so there is something that blocks my browser if I install amiga forever and makes the amigaforever page inaccessible, I did a try to see if I could download the digital version from their site but I says my time has expired in order to get a digital version.
I do not know now if the digital download is only valid for a year and at this point I do not care, but I'm interested in understanding what they put on my computer to make sure I can not reach their site, I think a "file". lnk changed so I can not make my connection possible to their site.
Anyway, I'll try to contact them again to ask for explanations.
Of course this calls for software piracy to those who want to buy it.
Old 09 September 2017, 00:08   #14
mcb

Quote:
The site appears to be reachable again from my browser so there is something that blocks my browser if I install amiga forever and makes the amigaforever page inaccessible, I did a try to see if I could download the digital version from their site but I says my time has expired in order to get a digital version.
I do not know now if the digital download is only valid for a year and at this point I do not care, but I'm interested in understanding what they put on my computer to make sure I can not reach their site, I think a "file".
I tried to reach out to you via PM to look up your details, but have not heard back yet. Feel free to let me know, and I'll send you a download that for sure is as official as it gets, because right now I am not even sure what download you may be using. Sometimes there are executables online, designed to just give you what you search for, and they are just adware, if not malware.

If you prefer this thread, can you right-click the installer, select Properties, and post the file size, the digital signature date and signor, and whether the signature is confirmed OK?

The time limit is a policy by Avangate, and it is currently set to 10 years. Avangate or Cloanto will reactivate a download if it doesn't work. In the long-term we should have a personal account area, and that will have a copy of everything.
Old 09 September 2017, 00:09   #15
mcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I can only assume that this response is after my post; that's ok, I'm totally cool with that
Not sure what post. I only occasionally visit myself, more often than not after a report. I cannot think of a specific post right now

Yes, we should keep this debate open, it is high priority also for me
Old 09 September 2017, 00:25   #16
White

@mcb
Thanks, I just read now.
what data can i send the order number enough?
or I can send you the confirmation email with the purchase link to let me know.
Thank you
Old 09 September 2017, 00:40   #17
White

@mcb
I sent you an email now
thank you

Last edited by White; 09 September 2017 at 00:41. Reason: error
Old 09 September 2017, 03:33   #18
White

Problem solved
with the version downloaded from the new link now everything works thanks for the support.
It is right to specify it
Thanks mcb