English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 October 2014, 22:00   #21
Pecosbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Sounds like your trying to boot a non classic bootloader.
Only classic versions even have that command, so that's not the case here...
Old 04 October 2014, 22:12   #22
Pecosbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouzou View Post
did you tried making an iso of you install CD, and boot from the iso?
Already tried that, unfortunately it didn't help. For example Imgburn didn't give me any read errors (and the disk looks like a brand new) what so ever, perhaps this is why it feels so frustrating! I have tried other drives as well and the result stays the same...
Old 04 October 2014, 22:35   #23
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecosbil View Post
I just upgraded into OS4.1 Classic and I think there seems to be a corrupted file on the CD.

If I try to boot the CD, I get a message "C:BootLoader: bad loadfile hunk" (see attached screenshot). I managed to get it installed through my previous OS4 Classic installation (into a new hard drive image) but the end result is the same.
I downloaded all the updates from Hyperion's website, but sadly none of the archives contain an update to BootLoader (or even the same file). I have copied the file manually from the CD but obviously that don't help much. Also the old BootLoader from OS4 Classic won't help, because it can't load OS4.1 kernel (it loads all the modules from KickLayout, but then gets stuck on the pink screen - which later turns into red).

Could anyone who has a working OS4.1 Classic installation check the correct file size and version information?
bootloader is inside System/C directory.

Its size is 28.7 KB (29,392 bytes).

I was able to install OS4.1 using WinUAE without any problems. I'm waiting for my CyberstormPPC to return from Stachu so that I can finally try it on my A4000T.

Try booting using the floppy disk.
Old 04 October 2014, 22:53   #24
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Only classic versions even have that command, so that's not the case here...
No thats not true. some have it on the disc (i.e. X1000, Classic) and others have it in the RDB.
Old 05 October 2014, 14:40   #25
Pecosbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
No thats not true. some have it on the disc (i.e. X1000, Classic) and others have it in the RDB.
Perhaps you are confusing it to the slb's (AmigaOne, Sam and probably X1000 too) and the amigaboot.of on the Pegasos II version, but _none_ of the above has that BootLoader command on the sys:c folder. If you don't believe me, take a look at the startup-sequences for different hardware in Update 5 archive. Only the classic systems have the line "C:BootLoader" in it. Sure, it's needed for the same purpose as slb's and the others (i.e., it loads the Kickstart) but I just wanted to clarify that there's no way I could be using a wrong bootloader. Period!
Old 05 October 2014, 14:44   #26
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Perhaps you are confusing it to the slb's (AmigaOne, Sam and probably X1000 too) and the amigaboot.of on the Pegasos II version, but _none_ of the above has that BootLoader command on the sys:c folder. If you don't believe me, take a look at the startup-sequences for different hardware in Update 5 archive. Only the classic systems have the line "C:BootLoader" in it. Sure, it's needed for the same purpose as slb's and the others (i.e., it loads the Kickstart) but I just wanted to clarify that there's no way I could be using a wrong bootloader. Period!
Doh, you are correct, I was refering to amigaboot.of.
Old 05 October 2014, 14:46   #27
Pecosbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalimon View Post
Its size is 28.7 KB (29,392 bytes).

I was able to install OS4.1 using WinUAE without any problems. I'm waiting for my CyberstormPPC to return from Stachu so that I can finally try it on my A4000T.

Try booting using the floppy disk.
Ok, the size is exactly the same and the binary is a m68k exe - like it should be. But for some reason it's damaged and wont run, even "version" command doesn't find it's version information. Perhaps I need to take a look at it with a hex editor and see whether the string is there at all.

My config should be ok, since OS4 works like a charm. The boot floppy isn't even needed and doesn't change anything if I use instead a direct CD boot.

Last edited by Pecosbil; 05 October 2014 at 16:37.
Old 05 October 2014, 18:32   #28
Pyromania

Getting ready to buy AmigaOS 4.1 so I can try it with WinUAE. One question, how do I get a cyberstormppc rom? My Cyberstorm died years ago.
Old 05 October 2014, 18:42   #29
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Getting ready to buy AmigaOS 4.1 so I can try it with WinUAE. One question, how do I get a cyberstormppc rom? My Cyberstorm died years ago.
It should still be in the zone, toni added them awhile back.
Old 07 October 2014, 13:02   #30
Nightshader

Is there a difference i the os 4.1 cds for classic, pegasos, sam boards , etc..?
Will the install only work with the classic version? anyone tried with sam cd?
Old 07 October 2014, 14:11   #31
zouzou

@Nightshader: Yes there are differences.
Sam CDs won't work, because you need special features to boot from 68k then switch to PPC CPU.
Those mechanisms aren't part of Sam MB (for example), they use UBOOT to boot, and don't require switching from physical 68k to physical PPC accelator noard as main processor.
Old 07 October 2014, 23:17   #32
akis

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouzou View Post
@Nightshader: Yes there are differences.
Sam CDs won't work, because you need special features to boot from 68k then switch to PPC CPU.
Those mechanisms aren't part of Sam MB (for example), they use UBOOT to boot, and don't require switching from physical 68k to physical PPC accelator noard as main processor.
Would it be possible to first run a version of UBOOT (software) inside winuae and then gio ahead and install OS4 for Sam, or AmigaOne?

Old 08 October 2014, 08:04   #33
Pecosbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by akis View Post
Would it be possible to first run a version of UBOOT (software) inside winuae and then gio ahead and install OS4 for Sam, or AmigaOne?
I'm sure you are aware that UBOOT is the "BIOS" of Sam's and AmigaOne motherboards...? Adpating it to WinUAE makes no sense (if it's even possible), especially just for the purpose of running non-classic OS4 versions.

Adapting it to QEMU (or the like) sounds much better, since we've already seen screenshots from Bigfoot's pathced QEMU that managed to run MorphOS on it...but that's another story and doesn't have anything to do with WinUAE.

Last edited by Pecosbil; 08 October 2014 at 13:50.
Old 08 October 2014, 20:05   #34
akis

Quote:
I'm sure you are aware that UBOOT is the "BIOS" of Sam's and AmigaOne motherboards...? Adpating it to WinUAE makes no sense (if it's even possible), especially just for the purpose of running non-classic OS4 versions.

Adapting it to QEMU (or the like) sounds much better, since we've already seen screenshots from Bigfoot's pathced QEMU that managed to run MorphOS on it...but that's another story and doesn't have anything to do with WinUAE.
Thanks, I'll look around to see if anyone has managed to boot AOS4 with a patched UBOOT in QEMU.

Old 31 December 2014, 12:47   #35
arti

Can't install AmigaOS 4.1 FE on WInUAE 3.
HALT3 error after boot logo when PPC is turned on.
Please help.
Attached Files
File Type: uae AmigaOS_4.1.uae (18.9 KB, 209 views)
Old 31 December 2014, 12:53   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Log is missing but your config has Z3 RAM in A1200 setup which may not be good idea. Also disable uaescsi.device.
Old 31 December 2014, 13:11   #37
arti

Disabling Z3 RAM and uaescsi.device worked
Old 31 December 2014, 18:56   #38
amigafreak68k

only uaescsi.device was the problem. T3 RAM you can use, but makes no sence because it wasn't recognized as Fast RAM
Old 08 January 2015, 22:02   #39
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

I've just received my OS4.1FE CD from Vesalia and it seems to be booting ok. I've followed these instructions to the letter including creating the custom hdf type for the boot partition. However once I get to the "Start Hard Disk Preperation Utility" all I'm seeing is the CD drive. There is no hard drive listed at all. Anyone know why? Logs attached.

EDIT: Ok, scratch that. I've left it a while and come back to it and it seems to be working now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OS41_BootFloppy_001.png
Views:	415
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	42751  
Attached Files
File Type: uae Amiga OS 4.1 PPC Test.uae (32.6 KB, 198 views)
File Type: zip winuaelog.zip (19.4 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by Steve; 09 January 2015 at 00:48.
Old 09 January 2015, 01:05   #40
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

What!!! Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

At 95% as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OS41_BootFloppy_002.png
Views:	452
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	42752