English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 15 November 2018, 17:00   #1
Puggsy
Banned

Any way to write Kryoflux images back to disk without the hardware?

I was wondering, if it was possible to write Kryoflux-created images back to disk. Not just Amiga, but any platform, using the Amiga floppy drive.

Kryoflux Free seems only to read, not write
Old 15 November 2018, 20:21   #2
Jope
-

Depends on what kind of image you create with the KF. If it is a raw image, you should cook it first to some format that the Amiga supports, then you could write it. Easy: Amiga ADF, PC IMG.
Old 15 November 2018, 20:52   #3
Puggsy
Banned

Thanks for the answer! That makes sense, but I am trying to do non-Amiga image files. Let's say for example, a PC-DOS disk, or a hardware sampler disk image. Can I convert that to ADF?
Old 15 November 2018, 23:48   #4
lesta_smsc

I was interested in something very similar but writing back .img files or the like for disks such as those for samplers. Usually the relevant apps work in DOS and need real floppy disk and not USB floppy drive. Something like a versatile image writer would be perfect if such a thing exists.
Old 16 November 2018, 00:10   #5
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsy View Post
Thanks for the answer! That makes sense, but I am trying to do non-Amiga image files. Let's say for example, a PC-DOS disk, or a hardware sampler disk image. Can I convert that to ADF?
ADF is Amiga, PC-DOS is for PC. Amiga 880K drive can read/write 720K PC disks. If non-Amiga disk image files contains disk protection, you cant write this on Amiga. But if not, then install emulator, copy all files from Kryoflux image to HD, later copy this data to empty ADF, and wrote this ADF to Amiga disk. Later use Dos2Dos and copy data from Amiga disk to PC disk. Or use disk copy program in emulator to create ADF file. Maybe extended ADF can handle PC disks, use X-copy and Nibble option.