English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 31 May 2019, 19:06   #1
methodman

fs-uae and Launchbox

I have been following Mugenmush 's tutorial about getting fs-uae working and he creates 2 forks of using fs-uae, Should I actually install two seperate instances of fs-uae labeled according the premade configs vs the one's I need to make myself to get games working? or can I reference both forks to the same emulator?
[ Show youtube player ]

Anything else I should know about that isn't in this fantastic amiga video?
Old 31 May 2019, 21:12   #2
thevoice

maybe you want to ask this somewhere at launchbox. at least they took your money so they can give support aswell.
Old 21 June 2019, 17:08   #3
qupe

Hi Methodman, you don't need 2 install fs-uae twice. All you do is add another emulator in the settings and label this one fsuae 1 or something.

The settings for this one will run your own configs whereas the other one you can use to import fsuae configs.
Old 20 July 2019, 17:33   #4
sketaful

I would advice you to watch their tutorial here:
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/top...x-integration/

To be sure to import the games as well as possible I'd say go check out the config-exporter here:
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/top...nto-launchbox/
Old 02 August 2019, 02:41   #5
fatguy666

I just set this up myself following the video. It's a great video but it's almost 3 years old so it's already a little outdated.

The example he uses is Cyber Assault, as it didn't have a config set up on openretro.org at the time. The database has been updated in those 3 years so it DOES have a config now. I haven't yet come across a game where I need to make a custom config (using a full WHDLoad only set) so I've only set up one instance of the emulator in Launchbox.

Now, the Launchbox database is a different story, if it could scrape Hall Of Light for game info it would be amazing as I'm finding a lot of games where I need to manually import screenshots, box art and metadata.