English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 24 September 2018, 12:52   #121
deimos

There have been so many changes that it's hard to remember them all, but I think the biggest change was to allow the algorithm that walks down the edges calculating the x1 and x2 values to draw lines between to alternate the order in which is calculates each side, like the difference between a single and a bidirectional dot matrix printer. This means that it has to swap out the contents of the registers holding all the edge information half as often as before.

I'm currently trying to build a system where the results of scanline converting an edge can be reused, taking advantage of the fact that every edge is shared between two faces. If I can get it to work it could result in a saving, at least for bigger polygons.

But at the moment it doesn't work. It's been nothing but Gurus for days now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
Getting closer now. It's been fun watching this number go up over the days.
Might I ask what you changed to get the extra performance after the switch to 4 bitplanes?