English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 28 January 2011, 00:43   #121
Cammy

If you have NewIcons installed you can turn dithering on and it will nicely dither any NewIcons or GlowIcons to the palette.

Have a look at these WHDLoad game icons (I had to open so many at once just to show the dithering, that's why it looks messy)

This is an older screenshot, the theme I linked to before is a bit more updated from this.
Old 28 January 2011, 01:05   #122
gulliver
BoingBagged

Thanks for the tip
Old 28 January 2011, 09:30   #123
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Thanks for sharing dear Cammy!
VisualPrefs works ok with the themes provided, but I can't get Birdie to work with the command you gave us. I get a palette distortion every time I enable the Birdie Command in the Startup-Sequence.
Is there a specific point in SS that I need to put the command?

Is there a possibility it conflicts with any patch of ClassicWB or Scalos itself?
Another thing I observed, is that after VP and opening windows, some artifacts appear on randomly on the screen (which are gone if you move a windows over them).

Edit: Checked it out in Pure OS3.9 as well and works ok. Windows etc are looking great! Only side-effect is that I get some distorted MUI gadgets.

Last edited by mfilos; 28 January 2011 at 11:31.
Old 28 January 2011, 10:56   #124
Frog

For a 16 colors workbench, it looks pretty nice !
Old 04 February 2011, 18:36   #125
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
I finally read this thread back to front, I did try at work and got to the Bikini section and had to abandon ship

Anyway I have to say that this is awesome work from Cammy and Rebel

I'm going to have a look at building this into the CWB ADV SP pack and running it on my A600/ACA630 with IndiECS.

I've got all the files and my CF card is installing as I type on the little WinUAE window next to me!

Wish me luck!

Ps. I hope to do something nice with this backdrop:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Castle.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	27789  
Old 04 February 2011, 20:00   #126
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Good luck my friend

Your wallpaper look like that:

Last edited by mfilos; 09 March 2012 at 12:03.
Old 04 February 2011, 20:23   #127
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Hi Marios!

Can you send me the file you made?

I didn't edit the Wallpaper yet, this is just with dithering enabled on the original .jpg file, must say I am still very impressed for a 16 Colour Workbench
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0774.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	27791   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0775.JPG
Views:	1965
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	27792  
Old 04 February 2011, 20:27   #128
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Hi Marios!

Can you send me the file you made?
There you go mate.
It's your wallpaper converted in ImageStudio with Rebel's Palette and Floyd Steinberg dithering.
Use Scalos palette to have the colors locked.

Last edited by mfilos; 09 March 2012 at 12:03.
Old 04 February 2011, 20:29   #129
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Thanks Marios! I don't have the software installed to edit the image.

This will give me an excuse to log on to the Interweb on the A600 and download the file

I'm using the Scalos Palette

Edit: Updated with your image Marios =D
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0777.JPG
Views:	1884
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	27794  

Last edited by fitzsteve; 04 February 2011 at 20:41.
Old 30 March 2011, 17:43   #130
amiga_user

@Cammy:

Can you share your MUI global prefs ?

Old 31 March 2011, 15:42   #131
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
When I've finished a few extra MUI images to go with the Silver theme I'll upload a pack to Aminet and the AmigaLook website, as well as the extra MUI images I've made for SabreMSN. The prefs Cammy has been using are made up of parts of my incomplete image sets, and I don't think she posts on this forum anymore anyway.
Old 31 March 2011, 16:33   #132
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

That'd be great Rebel mate! Thanks for your contribution.
I didn't know about Cammy though... (I can understand though)
Old 24 April 2011, 00:06   #133
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Matching MUI images for the Silver theme are in the Zone. I haven't taken any screenshots yet though. I have made a full set of both 11 and 13 point images for arrow buttons, checkmarks, radio buttons and popup gadgets as well as some small silver gradient patterns to use in text and image buttons.

Just extract the LHA file and copy the contents into the corresponding drawers in your main MUI drawer. There is a Preset file you can call to quickly change all the images to the new Silver ones, but you would be best to apply it over each gadget rather than globally, or else it might change all your other MUI settings (spacing, fonts, patterns). To do this, go through each page of the MUI settings and hover over the top of the gadget you want to change and select Silver from the Presets menu that pops up while holding the right mouse button down. Press the Test button and see if you like it, and Save it if you do.

I hope some people still get some use out of this stuff, it's nice to see a few other fellow classic Amiga users still out there trying to get the most out of their machines.
Old 24 April 2011, 00:15   #134
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I certainly will, Rebel! Thanks a lot. Have you made any progress with the Icons set you were doing?
Old 24 April 2011, 00:48   #135
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

The iconset is taking the longest, as I keep adding to it as we find more useful applications. I've recently finished some pixelling some new IBrowse navigation images though, if you'd like those? As well as working on these icons and things, I'm working on game graphics and other custom GUI skins for some upcoming Amiga software, so I'm kind of bogged down with work at the moment.

I'd like to some how open-source the icon set, establish some standards and guidelines and explain some techniques for making your own icons in the same consistent style to add to the collection so it could grow faster than if I keep working on it alone. My style of course is based on the size and concept standard started with Glow Icons and continued with Ken's Icons, although my set is all pixelled with this exact 16 colour palette and can be used without additional icon patches like NewIcons provided your palette is locked.
Old 24 April 2011, 01:01   #136
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-CD32 View Post
The iconset is taking the longest, as I keep adding to it as we find more useful applications. I've recently finished some pixelling some new IBrowse navigation images though, if you'd like those?
The IBrowse navigation images are the ones that Cammy is using? (I saw them in another forum talking about other things). I liked them so much that in fact I asked about them (but she didn't see my question)....

Rebel I found three or four great patterns that you could use for something, in SongFace (http://aminet.net/search?query=songface)

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 April 2011 at 17:16.
Old 24 April 2011, 01:39   #137
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Yeah, they were the ones Cammy was using.

I like the idea of SongFace, I never tried it back in the day but I went and made my own custom images for SongPlayer back then anyway. I've been considering updating them a bit for the 16 colour palette I use now and including them along with everything else in the packs that Cammy and I want to put together.

I really like how customisable MUI programs are, I'm trying to make custom image sets for a lot of them to give each program more of an individual and suitable look.

Something I'd really like to find though, if anyone has one handy, is a Magic Workbench-compatible brushed metal pattern. Something that preferably only uses two or three shades of grey, as many classic MWB patterns did. I'd like to modify it to use with my Silver theme to complete it.

EDIT:

By the way, I have updated my Silver skins for VisualPrefs. I carelessly forgot to make the right side border of two of the gadgets dark grey rather than black and they looked off. You may notice it in some earlier screenshots, the Iconify gadget and the DOpus Magellan Padlock gadget were the two affected. Here are the finished skins: http://home.exetel.com.au/~amiga/SilverSkins.lha

Last edited by Rebel-CD32; 24 April 2011 at 02:24. Reason: Added link
Old 24 April 2011, 03:12   #138
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Thanks a lot for this update Rebel mate!!!
MUI skin looks awesome and can't wait for the iBrowse iconset along with some WB icons of yours based on your awesome palette.

/respect
Old 24 April 2011, 12:15   #139
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Rebel is there a way to change the color of the pointer while using MagicTV? (And for those that are using the palette and aren't using it, there's a notable diference).

BTW: The buttons in Ibrowse (and others) look much better now with those colors:

SongFace is great, but would be much better if we could have a way to use your palette for backgrounds.

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 April 2011 at 17:22.
Old 25 April 2011, 05:19   #140
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Hey guys, glad you like the new look. I have some new IBrowse Navigation and Status images here now if you'd like to try them too.

Unfortunately there's no way to change the pointer colours when Magic TV is running, other than swapping the existing pens around in FullPalette and hoping everything still remaps right. The reason is because sprites use pens 17, 18 and 19, the mouse pointer is a sprite, and MagicTV opens a second playfield on the Workbench, taking up pens 16-31, which darkens and overlays a duplicate of your Workbench display over the top of itself to create that blur effect that helps reduce flicker. Using my palette, this will force the pointer to use black, grey (darker white) and dark blue for the pointer when MagicTV is running. If you remember the pen order, you can work out a decent looking pointer that doesn't look too odd. I can upload the one I made if you'd like, it's pretty plain looking and quite large, but doesn't look too aliased in low-res.

Anyway, here are the IBrowse images:

http://home.exetel.com.au/~amiga/IBrowseImages.lha