English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 05 July 2016, 17:27   #41
Lane

I emailed Kipper 2K in April asking to be put on the list for a Vampire, and sent a shot of my Kickstart a few weeks later.

Do I need to go ahead and send payment as well, or will he let me know when to forward the funds?
Old 05 July 2016, 17:41   #42
TuKo
Apollo Team

He will contact you once he has a card available for you
Old 06 August 2016, 11:00   #43
johey

Anyone heard from him? I have paid for my board and he replied he has a board ready to ship, asked me if I liked to add $40 for black version, which I did the very same day. Not a word since. This was June 15'th.

I understand he has things to do, but I get a little nervous since I have paid a fair deal of money.
Old 06 August 2016, 11:28   #44
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johey View Post
Anyone heard from him? I have paid for my board and he replied he has a board ready to ship, asked me if I liked to add $40 for black version, which I did the very same day. Not a word since. This was June 15'th.

I understand he has things to do, but I get a little nervous since I have paid a fair deal of money.
What is it you worry about. That he will keep your money and run off to Bermuda? ;-)
Kipper2k is as reliable as they get, but ppl need to understand how much work they've taken on in this Vampire project.

Ask yourself how you would personally handle the task of building 500 Vampire boards, ship them all over the world, deal with demand for the next product while maintaining support etc for the other stuff he was selling before this... And try to do it in your spare time ;-)
It's hard work... I get that ppl are eager to get their products, especially after sending money. But unfortunately, your money alone does not magically speed up the manufacturing process, in fact, it's another item in the massive back log to take care of. ;-)
Patience is your friend here. You are not about to get scammed here..

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk
Old 06 August 2016, 14:59   #45
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Still, curiosity is understandable

johey, you should visit the devs' IRC channel and ask Kipper about your shipment.
As he is often there you will get a precise answer.
Old 06 August 2016, 20:29   #46
Ratteler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
What is it you worry about. That he will keep your money and run off to Bermuda? ;-)
Kipper2k is as reliable as they get, but ppl need to understand how much work they've taken on in this Vampire project.
Try to remember that many of us had no idea who Kipper was before the word of the Vampire project brought us here.

When I started this thread I had no idea how much work he was taking with regard to the project, and was actually asking about another product on his Web page.

Let's try not to treat every question as personal attack.
Along with lots of new "friends" there's going to be lots of people who are impatient because they just don't know the details.

Let's remember there are an infinite number of retro scams. Being defensive will just make them more frustrated and worried. Especially if they already parted with cash.
Old 06 August 2016, 22:07   #47
johey

Yeah, I understand the situation. What worries me is that he said he had this board ready to ship as soon I give him my address (which I already did, but that's not a problem). I replied instantly. This is almost two months ago. That is what worries me.

Anyway, I try IRC.
Old 06 August 2016, 22:36   #48
eXeler0

Quote:
Yeah, I understand the situation. What worries me is that he said he had this board ready to ship as soon I give him my address (which I already did, but that's not a problem). I replied instantly. This is almost two months ago. That is what worries me.

Anyway, I try IRC.
Ok, yeah I hear you. Hope you get lucky on IRC.
Is he shipping it with tracking, btw? Good to have if it gets stuck in customs.

Old 07 August 2016, 11:32   #49
johey

I finally got in touch with him. He forgot to send my board but promised to do that after vacation. I'm not very happy with that situation, though I can deal with it as I know the circumstances.
Old 07 August 2016, 12:04   #50
eXeler0

Quote:
I finally got in touch with him. He forgot to send my board but promised to do that after vacation. I'm not very happy with that situation, though I can deal with it as I know the circumstances.
Ok, good. (They have short vacations over there.)

I will say this to everyone waiting for their Vampire board, (maybe it will make the wait a liiitle bit easier for some): it is still all a big beta test.
The product has glitches so usage will not always be a smooth ride, and of course every time you flash it with a new version, there is a small chance something will go wrong. (Mine is bricked at the moment after silver 8 flash, waiting for my USB blaster to arrive).
So while it is a truly fantastic product for our community and has great potential to evolve the entire 68k scene, it is not yet as finished or solid and trouble free as the classic accelerators you currently might be used to.
So for those of you who want a "finished" product, some extra wait might not be all bad as it allows the core to mature further.

Old 07 August 2016, 19:32   #51
kipper2k

Quote:

Hmm, you told me you were happy

Last edited by kipper2k; 07 August 2016 at 19:37.
Old 08 August 2016, 15:10   #52
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Hmmm maybe happy means unhappy in Swedish.
Like in some countries nodding means no.