English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 15 June 2017, 23:58   #821
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by comraider View Post
... Is it possible to somehow run the config without AfAOS by using Birdie / VisualPrefs manually or something?
This is what I can make with some new images for RTG with Birdie, VisualPrefs, TittleShadow prefs and a new Startmenu logo if you like it. I could add a new option for MorpheuZ.

This is WIP still.

Edited with a better Start Menu image. I'm sorry but this setup will only be available for RTG, I can't get a nice one with 16 colors only (I've tried). In fact I believe that my image on the left of the bar is better, more defined than the original one. For the Start Menu (DOpus5) image I can only use 256 colors.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 June 2017 at 02:01.
Old 24 June 2017, 15:32   #822
amigatv

I can't manage to get Online with Genesis and wirelles card...Its conected but cant get anything on Aweb or other browsers?
Amiga 600 Vampire card v2..
Old 24 June 2017, 19:25   #823
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

That has nothing to be with AKReal, you must have some step of the Genesis configuration wrong. To configure Genesis you can watch this video for example or any other:

[ Show youtube player ]

BTW, Prism2v2 is included in Tools, you can install it from there. And Genesis isn't included on AKReal, you've got to install it from the OS3.9 CD first.

Edit: About this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by comraider View Post
... Is it possible to somehow run the config without AfAOS by using Birdie / VisualPrefs manually or something?
I've chosen your second option, something :

[ Show youtube player ]

Edit: I've improved it a bit more:

I'm sorry for the edits, but sometimes I improve the Start Menu image, sometimes the MorpheuZ option or sometimes the images used, just to improve it as much as I can. Remember that this is a Birdie/VisualPrefs theme.

[ Show youtube player ]

Edit, talking in general:
And... I know that if you like this new setup then some will just take it from AKReal and use it on their own setups, sometimes while complaining about my distro even -I'm lucky I don't see a real complain though-. I don't mind, but at least just tell/post where did you take it from.

Very simple: If you don't find elsewhere what you have borrowed from here and you are using and showing that on Youtube -as example-, then just tell where did you find those things in every video you upload.

The same with the rest of things that you can't find anywhere else. If not, make your owns.

Also, remember that I haven't created this theme, just adapted it, modified it, to work with Birdie and of course it isn't as good as the original one created by Ken Lester just because I can't have all of the options -that AfAOS gives- to create a "just the same" setup. I'm only using three modified images, while AfAOS uses several ones.

Last edited by Retrofan; 15 July 2017 at 01:47.
Old 01 July 2017, 10:42   #824
amigatv

I try now MiamiDX and problem is DNS servers it like my router make DNS adress automaticaly and MiamiDx or Genesis need static DNS servers?
Than i have problem with AmiAmp and AHI,
I have very low volume on AmiAmp and than i try to fix it and actualy i make worse now AmiAmp cant find ahi att all :/
Old 02 July 2017, 00:17   #825
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigatv View Post
I try now MiamiDX and problem is DNS servers it like my router make DNS adress automaticaly and MiamiDx or Genesis need static DNS servers?
Than i have problem with AmiAmp and AHI,
I have very low volume on AmiAmp and than i try to fix it and actualy i make worse now AmiAmp cant find ahi att all :/
Amigatv I'm sorry to repeat that I'm not any kind of expert on Amiga internet setups and that this is not the right thread to ask about generic questions about that. There is nothing related to your problem here.
Old 02 July 2017, 19:08   #826
amigatv

Yep i just try to explain what i do, with internet conection after your first answer...
I manage to fix AHI, but sound is low.
Old 19 July 2017, 01:51   #827
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi:

The next AKReal update will use a new AKReal booting logo by Ken Lester.

I've made a video from my 16:9 Tv mode (excuse my mobile camera, my laptop that slows down from time to time, the noisy aquarium, the fan that I've got running pointing directly towards the laptop and the bad sound) where you can see a simple 16 Colors setup with some of the incoming new options:

[ Show youtube player ]

You may be thinking: If this is with just 16 colors and using 724x566 as screen mode... How will it be with RTG and a larger screen?

Last edited by Retrofan; 30 July 2017 at 02:23.
Old 20 July 2017, 01:24   #828
Estrayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Hi:

The next AKReal update will use a new AKReal booting logo by Ken Lester.

I've made a video from my 16:9 Tv mode (excuse my camera, my laptop that slows down from time to time, the noisy aquarium and the bad sound) where you can see a simple 16 Colors setup with some of the incoming new options:

[ Show youtube player ]

You may be thinking: If this is with just 16 colors and using 724x566 as screen mode... How will it be with RTG and a larger screen?

Are you sure that video it is in 16 col ?
Old 20 July 2017, 01:56   #829
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrayk View Post
Are you sure that video it is in 16 col ?
Thanks a lot Estrayk mate for your question, I love it because it really doesn't seem so, but it really is. Most of the 16 colors images have been converted using the Retro Image Tool while using the 16C palette by PeterK:

Edit: And you must know that TinyMeter can't keep that faked transparency with more than 256 colors.

If you notice, the video shows a configuration running FOUR docks at the same time: A "transparent" AmiDock on the left, a Magellan Start Menu -top left AmiKit image-, an AmiStart at the bottom -with a new logo- and a "transparent" TinyMeter menu on the right -doesn't keep the transparency with RTG-. ... And also you've got THREE clocks on screen (TinyMeter one, AmiStart one and the new Flip-Clock one).

And as you know there will be a lot of things more in this update, like your wonderful best 100 modules selection that is so awesome and plays so well with the new ProTracker program also to be included

Edit: Note that you already can use that wallpaper, you can find it in Sys:Prefs/Presets/Backdrops/800x600/AmigaBox-Blue.iff

Edit2: You can also be thinking: If the booting logo looks perfect while using RTG, why does it look so perfect when using 16 colors only too?. That's because it runs a script and it uses diferent logos (three in total) depending on the amount of colors that you are actually using. AKReal uses to check for the amount of colors you use to change some images like in this case.

Edit3: Update growing up. Now I can add MiniSlug (it needs 16 or 32bit, and emulating a Picasso IV Zorro III on WinUAE you can only have 16bit) .

Edit4: I can not include the original AmiKit X wallpaper with clouds, so I've been searching for a different one to include in my next AKReal update. I'll include a screenshot later. It won't be used as default, it's just another option you can select as Wallpaper. It's called "Startfish" and I hope you'll like it as a substitute.

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 September 2017 at 03:34.
Old 28 July 2017, 01:09   #830
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
...Edit4: I can not include the original AmiKit X wallpaper with clouds, so I've been searching for a different one to include in my next AKReal update. I'll include a screenshot later. It won't be used as default, it's just another option you can select as Wallpaper. It's called "Startfish" and I hope you'll like it as a substitute.
Fifth edit is a new post :

Showing some icons:

I've made some new logos for AmiStart:

Example:

I'm still working on it. Every change takes a lot of time, you don't have an idea.

Last edited by Retrofan; 30 July 2017 at 02:30.
Old 29 July 2017, 09:17   #831
arti

Keep up the good work Retrofan.
I look forward for this update.
Old 30 July 2017, 00:41   #832
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

About TinyLauncher

Just to notice that I won't install the covers. They are so great that they need a lot of room as you may understand (790Mb or around).

-They will also take a lot of time to be copied (using WinUAE even) to your CF HD to be used on your real miggy; "More than Ever".
But if you take your time to install them, once you'll have them there you'll be grateful to appreciate the wonderful job/time that has been made/taken to release these great images.-

So you'll have to download them elsewhere if you've got room in any partition, and then update the TL config to use them. Later it's just to press C the first time to show them for every letter of your games.

These have been some important posts at the TL thread I believe:

Quote:
How does the process to have the images converted go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Check the EAB Fileserver, Upload folder, user=StatMat.
Thanks a lot to StatMat for those great Covers that taked a long time to make for sure
Without them TL isn't as good of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
Oh man I forgot everything, and there's ZERO documentation.
What are the keys? Most important, how do I enable tooltypes?
EDIT: Found it, press "T" in main menu. But man at least a list of control keys in the .readme would be nice.
Quote:
Please forgive me. I've selected the Covers in the prefs, but how was it that TL shows them?
Edit: Oh, sorry my bad. It's just to press C to show the covers. And I see you only need to press C the first time, then it will show all of them from then on till you change letter.
Quote:
I've seen that if you can not write a path that's too long (more than 32 characters), then you can write the path to the nearest root folder, and TL will search for subfolders.
In fact the modules path will be the only one already saved as default on AKReal, so you can play them just after updating AKReal to the 9th version. For Games or Demos you have to edit the TL config to use your own paths for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanEBC View Post
No-one else had asked this but i thought i'd share.
Press "H" while something is highlighted is how you add/remove a title from favourites.

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 October 2017 at 02:23.
Old 30 August 2017, 22:42   #833
bebek

I need some help here please. I hope I will not have to install AK Real again . I have chosen new windows skins from Morpheus and after reboot it just resets without going to Workbench. Any tip how to bring it back ? A600 with V2. Thank you.
Old 30 August 2017, 23:16   #834
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi. That's because the 24bit Themes switch to use AfAOS -and it needs an fpu-* . In the next update you'll have, as mentioned, a new one there that uses Birdie, the new "FourOneBirdie" that you'll be able to use with the Vampire.

To disable AfAOS, edit the S-S from booting and put a ; in front of C:AfA_OS_Loader. Well, just disable all of this:

Code:
IF EXISTS ENV:afa/replacevisualprefs
Assign >NIL: AfA_OS_Libs: SYS:Utilities/EXPANSION/AfA_OS/AfA_OS_Libs
C:AfA_OS_Loader
ENDIF
* In fact the 24bit Themes are only offered by MorpheuZ if the system detects that you are using RTG; well, a certain amount of colors. The thing is that the Vampire has RTG but not fpu.

Last edited by Retrofan; 31 August 2017 at 22:06.
Old 30 August 2017, 23:44   #835
bebek

Thank you.
Old 31 August 2017, 13:51   #836
Magisthan

Hi,

I just want to know if it is possible to disable the AmiKit V8 logo on the main desktop permanently?

And if yes how I do this?

Thanks.

Old 31 August 2017, 22:01   #837
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi Magisthan. Yes, of course. Open AmiKit/WBStartup/Enabled and move "AmiKit Logo" to AmiKit/WBStartup/Disabled.

Anyway, the logo will be changed in the next update.

Edit:
About TinyLauncher. It is thought to be used with AGA, that's how it is. Anyway, if you are using RTG now you'll be able to reboot and pressing the right mice button then the Amiga Boot Selector by Gibs starts, and from there you'll be able to select among ScummVM, AGS2, TinyLauncher or to reboot to WB.

Also TL has some kind of problem with SaferPatches in the S-S and running TL from different docks. For example if you start it from WBDock, you close it and you open it from AmiDock the pointer dissappears.
That's why you will only find TL in its drawer or also in the WBDock launcher on screen (well, also in AmiStart and in WB2000 menus).

Last edited by Retrofan; 31 August 2017 at 22:45.
Old 01 September 2017, 17:29   #838
Magisthan

Thanks for the reply and the answer. I wasn´t sure where to look at this problem in the OS. That should fix the problem.

Old 02 September 2017, 03:33   #839
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

How to configure the games launchers

I want to tell about how to configure your games launchers once you install AKReal 9 for the very first time and also to show what can you get after that.

1.- Add your Kickstarts files (copyrighted) to AmiKit: Devs/Kickstarts
-Add your Games, Demos and Covers to some partition of your HD.

2.- For AGS2:
- Make a right click on screen, select User Menu, Ed User-Startup and then you have to edit the last lines of it to match to your Games and Demos paths. Then just reboot.
- Open AmiKit:Games/AGS2. Click on "Configure Menus". Select AGS2 Games and then "Show Existing". It will take several minutes to update your games collection. Make the same with your Demos.

3.- For iGame
Open iGame. Make a right click on the top of the window and select "Settings", then "Games repositories". Click on the folder image and then select the drawer where your games are, then click on "Add", then on Close.
Then click again on the top of the window and select "Actions", then "Scan Repositories". It will take several minutes to update them.

4.- For TinyLauncher:
Click on "SysConfig", pres 1 to set your Games path, 4 for your Demos one, 6 for the Covers one. Later press F1 to update your Games or F2 to update your existing Demos. Then when you see the titles of your games press C to show the covers. Remember that the music path is already settled with the AKReal 9 update.

Of course all of these configurations of these games launchers have been recreated by myself taking ideas&help from here and there, so you won't find them anywhere else (iGame, AGS2 or ABS configs).

Result: [ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 July 2018 at 23:38.
Old 11 September 2017, 02:09   #840
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Something is going to happen soon. Stay tuned!

http://real.amiga.sk/