English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 08 June 2017, 11:14   #1
jetsetwilly1976

Controller Issue Retropie

Hi,

Just purchased retropie stacked with games etc. Loving the trip down memory lane. The wireless joypads (unofficial PS3 type) work fine with MAME, Megadrive etc.

But on the Amiga emulator they don't work at all.

The wireless keyboard works fine. I can get all of the games to load, the wireless keyboard includes a mouse which also works fine.

But every game gets zero response from the joypad. Have tried messing with the settings to no avial.

The 3 games I tried to start with. Gods - managed to start the game but couldn't move the character. Magic pockets, couldn't get past the intro screen as it must need the joystick fire button to be pressed.

The answer is probably obvious but I am baffled by websites full of code.

Really appreciate any help as the main reaosn for buying the pie was to play amiga!!!

Thanks

Old 08 June 2017, 11:34   #2
alpine9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetwilly1976 View Post
Hi,

Just purchased retropie stacked with games etc. Loving the trip down memory lane. The wireless joypads (unofficial PS3 type) work fine with MAME, Megadrive etc.

But on the Amiga emulator they don't work at all.

The wireless keyboard works fine. I can get all of the games to load, the wireless keyboard includes a mouse which also works fine.

But every game gets zero response from the joypad. Have tried messing with the settings to no avial.

The 3 games I tried to start with. Gods - managed to start the game but couldn't move the character. Magic pockets, couldn't get past the intro screen as it must need the joystick fire button to be pressed.

The answer is probably obvious but I am baffled by websites full of code.

Really appreciate any help as the main reaosn for buying the pie was to play amiga!!!

Thanks
I have to set up the controller devices manually to use the fake PS3 controllers. Can't recall the device name, some weird name I pick in the input configuration pane.
Old 08 June 2017, 17:24   #3
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
You should not have paid money for RetroPie nor should the seller have included games. Unfortunately you are supporting those profiting from piracy (which damages the RetroPie name/project).

Recommend you download a fresh image from the RetroPie website as some issues may be do to the bad configuration of these custom images.
Old 08 June 2017, 17:52   #4
Amiga1992

I just can't understand people buying this kinda shit which is around for free. Really can't.

People like BuZz puts a lot of work on Retropie and releases it for free, if you are so bent on spending money on it you can donate to the project instead.

Also name and shame the asshole who sold it to you.