English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 06 June 2010, 00:43   #261
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Sounds like you need gnostics, uae gp2x.

The one on ebay, you must be snorting something if you think I would pay more than £200 from something like that.
I love the way people keep praising it up, yet you cant order it. Try going to their site, you cant order it like it clearly states on their main page.
People will just be screwing people over on ebay, what a waste of time.
All 4,000 have been sold from the first batch. The next batch will be available for order in about a month, and will likely be another 4,000. The website is misleading, yes. Unfortunately, the term consists of 4 guys (and four volunteers) who build them in a village hall in rural England. Given that situation, how fast do you think they should be making them?

D.
Old 06 June 2010, 08:15   #262
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
Sounds like you need gnostics, uae gp2x.
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/...?0,0,0,0,72,86

puae anyone?
Old 06 June 2010, 09:09   #263
john4p
Competition Moderator

Thanks!
Downloading (it probably won't be as fast as the Cyclone-powered UAE4All though).

@FOL: Wasn't serious about that eBay-offer. Way too expensive. Sucks that this dude bought 2 just to make a nice profit on eBay. Not nice...
Old 06 June 2010, 09:47   #264
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
All 4,000 have been sold from the first batch. The next batch will be available for order in about a month, and will likely be another 4,000. The website is misleading, yes. Unfortunately, the term consists of 4 guys (and four volunteers) who build them in a village hall in rural England. Given that situation, how fast do you think they should be making them?

D.
I hope your joking??

Blue peter springs to mind, and who in the right mind would assemble these for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,72,86

puae anyone?
Did'nt think it would run on it from the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post
Thanks!
Downloading (it probably won't be as fast as the Cyclone-powered UAE4All though).

@FOL: Wasn't serious about that eBay-offer. Way too expensive. Sucks that this dude bought 2 just to make a nice profit on eBay. Not nice...
I think anything upto FS 2 or 3 is fine. Do HDF's work?

Last edited by FOL; 06 June 2010 at 09:57.
Old 06 June 2010, 10:05   #265
john4p
Competition Moderator

Tried PUAE.

Lotus II works, but it's unplayably slow. edit: Lionheart works, too - but also too slow to be enjoyable.

SuperCars II also works - and it runs good. The music only stutters while the game loads data from the floppy, but in game it runs well with frameskip 1. The ingame sound is a bit jerky (but clear).

The emulator lacks handheld features (it's no PSPUAE and even the UAE4All-port has more handheld-specific features) but it's a fully working port of E-UAE. A good start.

@FOL: Haven't tried an HDF yet. I'll look in the EAB file server for one (the only place where my Pandora can download Amiga stuff - planetemu and snesorama aren't working).

Last edited by john4p; 06 June 2010 at 12:26.
Old 06 June 2010, 10:19   #266
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
@FOL: Haven't tried an HDF yet. I'll look in the EAB file server for one (the only place where my Pandora can download Amiga stuff - planetemu and snesorama aren't working).

Let me know if I should upload any stuff for you to test
Old 06 June 2010, 11:36   #267
john4p
Competition Moderator

Thanks for the 3 HDFs you provided, TCD.

PUAE's window is too large. Moved it using "move" with the dpad so I could get to the bottom where you can add HDs. If it had worked there would've been no way I could get to the top part of the window again as the titlebar was out of reach now.
But it didn't work anyway: PUAE just lets you select a folder (?) but not an HDF-file...
Old 06 June 2010, 11:39   #268
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Thanks for the 3 HDFs you provided, TCD.

PUAE's window is too large. Moved it using "move" with the dpad so I could get to the bottom where you can add HDs. If it had worked there would've been no way I could get to the top part of the window again as the titlebar was out of reach now.
But it didn't work anyway: PUAE just lets you select a folder (?) but not an HDF-file...
Ah, try dumping the HDF to a normal folder, then point to that.
Old 06 June 2010, 11:41   #269
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

No problem

Quote:
Have a look in the folder 'Games' and grab 'LucasArts Adventures (HD).7z'. Those are simply folders and should work then.
Old 06 June 2010, 11:41   #270
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

GnoStic had a better version of PUAE at one stage (2007 or 2008) but he doesn't have the binaries any more, perhaps if his good friend Fatih (one of the Pandora guys) hooks him up with a pandora he will improve it. Otherwise I am sure someone else will step up.

I don't honestly see why people are being so hostile towards this project, its a very small operation from a few first timers that gained way more interest than anyone thought it would. Its no Sony or Nintendo so the hardware and software wont be perfect. Mistakes have been made along the way and no doubt there will be more problems. But the majority of the people who pre-ordered seem happy enough not to ask for refunds.

Even Zetr0 was bagging this project as vapour ware and its about a million times more complicated than an a600 memory expansion he is having so many problems and delays delivering.

Instead of admiring the massive balls of solid platinum that it takes to develop something on this scale and with this much complexity from a team of n00bs, people seem more happy to sit back and make little jokes and make fun of it and keep supporting the big established Japanese and American companies that dont give a shit about you the consumer and think that once they have sold you something it still belongs to them and only they can decide what you can run on it. I for one am sick of their shit.

You guys can enjoy running an exploit from a game to run a hack from a savestate to run a friggin emulator and I'll enjoy my pandora....

when I finally get it that is...
Old 06 June 2010, 11:45   #271
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Is NatAmi out yet? No? Ah okay.
Good point there THB
Old 06 June 2010, 11:54   #272
john4p
Competition Moderator

Don't know how to dump the HDF and can't 7zip on my Pandora (somehow my password isn't accepted when I try "su" to install something).

Could you please reupload that LucasArts-folder in standard ZIP-format, TCD?
Old 06 June 2010, 12:49   #273
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just uploaded IJ3 for now in my user folder
Old 06 June 2010, 13:10   #274
tonyyeb
Has the Amiga bug again

Send a message via MSN to tonyyeb
Craigx has tweeted that batch 2 orders will be open next month. Should be interesting to see the price.
Old 06 June 2010, 13:25   #275
john4p
Competition Moderator

^ 250 pounds? 300? Wonder 'bout that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Just uploaded IJ3 for now in my user folder
Thanks. Kinda worked. Amiga DOS screen appeared with:

Code:
Vision Factory presents :
  Indiana Jones III

cracked by [...]
[...]

Unknown command indy
1>
So I guess HD-support works in PUAE.
Old 06 June 2010, 13:42   #276
Dunny

Quote:
I hope your joking??

Blue peter springs to mind, and who in the right mind would assemble these for nothing.
No, I'm not joking. Did you think this was some multi-million dollar corporation making this handheld? Surely you know what the Pandora is by now? If it was made by Sony or Nintendo, the hardware would be woefully underpowered and closed to all except those willing to pay to develop for it. As it is, it's using the same tech as the most cutting edge smart-devices, and is wide open to devs. You don't have to buy any extra hardware to run your own software on it (such as modified battery, flashcart etc) and don't have to exploit some game's save system to open it up.

The volunteers get to take their own Pandora away with them when they've finished, so they don't have to wait. A few people have done that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
I don't honestly see why people are being so hostile towards this project, its a very small operation from a few first timers that gained way more interest than anyone thought it would. Its no Sony or Nintendo so the hardware and software wont be perfect. Mistakes have been made along the way and no doubt there will be more problems. But the majority of the people who pre-ordered seem happy enough not to ask for refunds.

Even Zetr0 was bagging this project as vapour ware and its about a million times more complicated than an a600 memory expansion he is having so many problems and delays delivering.

Instead of admiring the massive balls of solid platinum that it takes to develop something on this scale and with this much complexity from a team of n00bs, people seem more happy to sit back and make little jokes and make fun of it and keep supporting the big established Japanese and American companies that dont give a shit about you the consumer and think that once they have sold you something it still belongs to them and only they can decide what you can run on it. I for one am sick of their shit.

You guys can enjoy running an exploit from a game to run a hack from a savestate to run a friggin emulator and I'll enjoy my pandora....

when I finally get it that is...
+1. Sums it up far better than I ever could!

D.
Old 06 June 2010, 13:42   #277
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
So I guess HD-support works in PUAE.

Indeed it is, .

Try a few commands, like info or dir. Try and find indy execute, .
Old 06 June 2010, 14:09   #278
john4p
Competition Moderator

"Unknown command info", "Unknown command dir"...

Well, I'm sure it works somehow.
Old 06 June 2010, 16:39   #279
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I know the problem with indy... Since they should be used from WB I renamed the main executable If you can get into WB somehow, just rename the 'Indiana Jones 3' file to 'indy' (or I make a new archive ).
Old 06 June 2010, 17:43   #280
john4p
Competition Moderator

Thanks - that's proof enough for me already that hd-support works in PUAE.

For playing Indy III there's ScummVM.