English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 27 February 2018, 18:04   #461
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
As for moving forward, I think this topic here should focus on the collection and not the battle that rages on in a comment war. What's done is done and I think as a community, we should put this behind us and move forward with what the community does....support, share and expand upon the Amiga platform in all its shapes and sizes...
You're right Sinphaltimus

...thread cleaned again.
Old 27 February 2018, 19:07   #462
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Is that right is it?

First you have a go at me for creating this thread under this section i.e. see here, and now you make a statement like the above...
i continue to thinking. your project should be stay in "Project WinUAE".
Mage it was a Front-End to sobstitute Gamebase as exactly written here. In this section you see only gameBase/Mage Projects.
Old 27 February 2018, 19:30   #463
DamienD
Banned

Oh god, last time I mention this to you Seiya...

This is not only a *GameBase* section; it's about collections...
Old 27 February 2018, 22:23   #464
ma693541
Computer Wizard

From me, ma693541: I have done stupid things here on EAB, that could have lead to ban of my membership here, but I can tell you all this: Without people like RCK, Toni Wilen, DamienD and others people holding the Amiga Community alive with sites like, EAB, making an emulator, WinUAE, or putting a huge game collection together, DamienD's WinUAE Collection. Not forgetting Turran and DannyBoy's, FTP-Servers. Retroplay's WHDLoad Collection and many other's work and sites. So if you like a site, program, tool, utility or a game collection, stop whining about people asking for a small donation for the work they have done, just donate, respect their work and also respect if they tell that their work shall not be spread. A small example; DamienD ask politely €20 EURO for his collection and if 500 people have his collection, first timers here at EAB, just registrate, download the collection and then vanish from EAB without giving some back, that's SAD. Think of it, €1000 EURO to improve your favorite site, program, tool, utility or keep the FTP-Servers up and running. I don't know DamienD personally, but I know his a man for his words and he does a h.ll of a job to help out other's. RESPECT. Sorry for this long post.
Old 27 February 2018, 22:41   #465
Viceroy

Its a such a shame this great project came to this!
Luckily I kept up to date with all the updates.
Keep your chin up DamienD Don't let the B****** grind you down!
Old 27 February 2018, 23:51   #466
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

@Damien : A small thumbnail to let you know that your collection is running fine on a bare & poor laptop .
Except for the impossibility to resize the WinUAE GUI to fit this laptop config (WinUAE GUI is too big (or is it the screen that is to small ?) ), everything is wonderful !
Load WinUAE, chooooooooooooooose (takes time as so many good games are present ), double click and enjoy

You have done a crazy but perfect job !! Thanks again for this !!!

Edit: new picture & changed hosting site as 'tinypic' is closing down

>>

Last edited by malko; 26 October 2020 at 22:33.
Old 28 February 2018, 01:34   #467
DamienD
Banned

Thanks my friends; at this current time I really need all the support / appreciation you've just given

To be totally truthful; I told my fellow Global Moderators just yesterday that maybe it's time for me to disappear again for a few years, and actually, maybe not ever return... as at the moment, I'm totally worn out and fed up with shite going on

I've given sooooo much to this Amiga community for well over a decade now; and in my time of need, there's not really many sticking up for me.
Old 28 February 2018, 02:12   #468
Sinphaltimus

Wouldn't you just be punishing yourself then? Do what you love to do because you love to do it. Don't respond to or counter attack opposition. That to me is the biggest punishment to those who would otherwise ruin your slack. Take your slack back. Be like water and find the path of least resistance to keep flowing, if in this case it means leaving a community you enjoy supporting because you're not feeling the love, that's your choice and your decision alone to make. But don't let it be a self imposed punishment. Unless you're into that sort of thing. But that's a topic for a completely different forum.

If you ask me, you need "Bob" in your life. Because everyone does.

www.subgenius.com
Old 28 February 2018, 03:30   #469
haps
Rumpig

Don't let the bastards get you down DD.

And please don't disappear again, you are a pillar of the EAB community!
Old 28 February 2018, 04:41   #470
chip

No DamienD, don't disappear again, please

I really like the passion you put in things you do

And much before this your project, you always replied to my private messages in a such kind way that i surely think you are a really nice person

SO, APPRECIATE PEOPLE WHO CAN BE APPRECIATED, PLEASE

And especially, this is fun for all of us, i guess

MUST BE FUN AGAIN, DON'T LET IT TURN INTO TRAGEDY

Hope my words can help in some way
Old 28 February 2018, 09:31   #471
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Thanks my friends; at this current time I really need all the support / appreciation you've just given
You are welcome !

Quote:
To be totally truthful; I told my fellow Global Moderators just yesterday that maybe it's time for me to disappear again for a few years, and actually, maybe not ever return... as at the moment, I'm totally worn out and fed up with shite going on
Hummm... It's understandable. Nevertheless remember what you have said to all others members who have faced fools's pressure/bad comments (just one example here and there are plenty others ). Take back these words full of wisdom as they also apply to you !

You are appreciated, your work is appreciated. So it's an holly day ! (where is the sun icon on the right advanced pannel ?? ).

Leave fools comment behind you. They do not deserve that you feed them by replying...

Quote:
I've given sooooo much to this Amiga community for well over a decade now; and in my time of need, there's not really many sticking up for me.
Not everybody is writing their support here, but I am convinced that there is more people supporting you than you may think .
As written by many "there are fools everywhere", so if you need go on holidays, go and charge your batteries . And don't forget to return with your humour, talent for repartee, ideas and personality !

Quote:
Originally Posted by haps View Post
Don't let the bastards get you down DD.
Yep ! Slash them in the head !
Old 28 February 2018, 11:39   #472
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
@Damien : A small thumbnail to let you know that your collection is running fine on a bare & poor laptop .
Except for the impossibility to resize the WinUAE GUI to fit this laptop config (WinUAE GUI is too big (or is it the screen that is to small ?) ), everything is wonderful !
Hmmm, is that a netbook you're running this on? What's the maximum resolution?

Resizing the GUI, try doing this:
  • Start the registry and navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Arabuusimiehet\WinUAE].
  • For this DWORD value "GUIResize", change from "0" --> "1".
You should now be able to resize the GUI
Old 28 February 2018, 14:01   #473
Allen1

Hi Damien,

although I don't log on or post very often, I do read the comments virtually every day and I like your posts and even tried and played with some of your games in the last few months. This place wouldn't be the same without you so please don't let the bast*ards get you down or stop you from being the man we know and like.

All the best M8 and don't you dare go away
Old 28 February 2018, 14:08   #474
Decypher

Quote:
Come on, you can't let those bastards think they won, you're way more better than that.

I completely agree with Sinphaltimus, just do what you love to do because you love to do it
Old 28 February 2018, 14:26   #475
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] You should now be able to resize the GUI
Works great ! Thank you !
As you can see now the GUI fits the screen resolution (1200x600) of this Netbook.

Edit: changed hosting site as 'tinypic' is closing down

<< >>

Last edited by malko; 26 October 2020 at 22:36.
Old 28 February 2018, 14:45   #476
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Works great ! Thank you !
As you can see now the GUI fits the screen resolution (1200x600) of this Netbook.
Old 28 February 2018, 21:28   #477
AOxygen

Hello! I hope this is the right forum for this. I have discovered a torrent on a website and the description linked me to here. The torrent's name was <snip> and i found it on <snip>, a public torrent site. Here is a screenshot of it:

<snip>

I'm not sure if it is supposed to be there, but even though it says 0 seeders, i personally see 3 seeders and i get good speed! I just wanted to tell you how grateful i am for this collection! I really like it, good job!

Greetings from Lithuania!

AOxygen.

Last edited by DamienD; 28 February 2018 at 21:55.
Old 28 February 2018, 21:55   #478
DamienD
Banned

@AOxygen; thanks for pointing that out, appreciate man

...no it's definitely not supposed to be there; or on any other torrent site for that matter

Edited your post though as it means lamers reading this thread will then see "exactly" what to search for / where to get from on a public site.

Hmmm, it's going to be an issue for me to try and get that removed from there though...
Old 28 February 2018, 21:58   #479
AOxygen

Quote:
@AOxygen; thanks for pointing that out, appreciate man

...no it's definitely not supposed to be there; or on any other torrent site for that matter

Edited your post though as it means lamers reading this thread will then see "exactly" what / where to get the torrent from on a public site.

Hmmm, it's going to be an issue for me to try and get that removed from there though.
Ooh okay, i thought it was okay sharing it and all, since it says that in the description. "First things first: KEEP CIRCULATING THE ROMS!
Feel free to share this archive wherever you like to keep the AMIGA spirit alive!
- DO NOT SELL THIS COMPILATION. RESPECT THE DEVELOPERS AND PUBLISHERS! -" so i thought it was okay

I was curious and went to... and i looked there for this. And i did find it there, too.

Last edited by DamienD; 28 February 2018 at 22:10.
Old 28 February 2018, 22:05   #480
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOxygen View Post
"First things first: KEEP CIRCULATING THE ROMS!
Feel free to share this archive wherever you like to keep the AMIGA spirit alive!
- DO NOT SELL THIS COMPILATION. RESPECT THE DEVELOPERS AND PUBLISHERS! -"
Those are not my words

...the last 2 sentences are cool though; of course I have and continue to keep the Amiga spirit alive for over a decade now

Please read the first two posts in this thread and then specifically these

... http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=299
... http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=381

Last edited by DamienD; 28 February 2018 at 22:10.