English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 09 February 2015, 00:40   #1
jaesonk

Need some Fusion emulation SCSI setup help

I have Fusion installed on my A1200T/1260/256MB/CGFX. It's been a while since I used it. It's wasn't booting up at first but I've got that working now. MacOS8 hardfile.

I'd like to connect an old Mac formatted SCSI drive (device #2) to see what's on it and copy the data off it if there is anything worthwhile. I'm rusty on setting up the options in Fusion to make this work.

I also need to config an IDE CDRW that is connected internally on the A1200 IDE bus.

If this doesn't work with my Fusion setup, is there a what to config CrossMac to read a hard drive or is CrossMac just for floppies?

Thanks,
Jaeson
Old 09 February 2015, 19:49   #2
JimDrew

You need a SCSI controller in order to access a SCSI device. If you have a SCSI controller, just go to FUSION's SCSI options and enter the device driver name and set the unit number.
Old 09 February 2015, 20:00   #3
jaesonk

Thanks for the reply.

I have the SCSI add-on for my Blizzard1260 accelerator. 256MB RAM on the combined cards. The old drive is a Quantum LPS 340S. It's attached to the SCSI chain with my main Amiga drive, a ZIP drive & a JAZ drive. All have unique IDs.

The CDRW drive is attached to the A1200's IDE controller. I haven't tested the CDRW to see if I have it configured properly with Fusion. It works fine on the AmigaOS side.

I did get Fusion to see the Quantum LPS 340S SCSI drive. I'm not at my Amiga at the moment and can't check the guide, when would I choose DIRECT vs BUFFERED in the Fusion SCSI settings?

Thanks,
Jaeson
Old 03 March 2015, 20:44   #4
JimDrew

Sorry for the late reply... Direct mode uses the MAC memory as the destination buffer, which might not work with any SCSI card that uses DMA due to the MMU not re-routing DMA access. Buffered mode sets up a local buffer and copies the data to/from the MAC's memory.