English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 February 2015, 08:16   #1
Haywirepc

AEON INC, Can I have my amiga.org account back now?

I got banned sometime in october or november from amiga.org I don't recall the specific details but I got banned right after criticizing AEON for something. As I recall it was about people never getting their drivers after buying a 3,000$ computer slower than my phone or something like that.

Seems to me that camp is banning anyone on AMIGA.ORG who says anything not to their liking, which is both childish and power trippy. If the truth hurts, I'm sorry, but people should be free to speak the truth, yes even in amiga land.

Is that a good way to run a business? Just silence anyone who does not agree with you?

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Violation of TOS

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-15-2014, 01:00 PM"

Okay so ban supposed to be up 12-15-2014 but its still in effect. I have sent 10 messages and emails about this with no reply.

To be clear, I have nothing against AEON. I just said something they did not like, or that was not in their best interests. (But I still recall was truthful, or fair critiscism)

I would say that if your position is so weak you can not withstand criticism, debate or questions about your position? Thats really sad.

Sadder still is that I have been a member there for so many years. I miss many of my online friends and they have no reason to continue this ridiculous lockout, yet they do. I don't think this is a good way to get people to buy your products or support your efforts. It makes you look weak and childish.

So I take the punishment, I was fine with the temporary ban but it seems permanent. I've been an amiga user since 1988. Are there so many amiga users left on the scene that they can just ban whoever they want from amiga.org with no ill effects? I don't really think so, but thats just my opinion.

Haywirepc
Old 04 February 2015, 17:36   #2
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
EAB is not amiga.org, what do you think mods can do here for you ?

And why posting here this ? They will not ever read your message.....
Old 04 February 2015, 19:05   #3
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
EAB is not amiga.org, what do you think mods can do here for you ?

And why posting here this ? They will not ever read your message.....
I think they will, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywirepc View Post
I got banned sometime in october or november from amiga.org I don't recall the specific details but I got banned right after criticizing AEON for something. As I recall it was about people never getting their drivers after buying a 3,000$ computer slower than my phone or something like that.

Seems to me that camp is banning anyone on AMIGA.ORG who says anything not to their liking, which is both childish and power trippy. If the truth hurts, I'm sorry, but people should be free to speak the truth, yes even in amiga land.

Is that a good way to run a business? Just silence anyone who does not agree with you?

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Violation of TOS

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-15-2014, 01:00 PM"

Okay so ban supposed to be up 12-15-2014 but its still in effect. I have sent 10 messages and emails about this with no reply.

To be clear, I have nothing against AEON. I just said something they did not like, or that was not in their best interests. (But I still recall was truthful, or fair critiscism)

I would say that if your position is so weak you can not withstand criticism, debate or questions about your position? Thats really sad.

Sadder still is that I have been a member there for so many years. I miss many of my online friends and they have no reason to continue this ridiculous lockout, yet they do. I don't think this is a good way to get people to buy your products or support your efforts. It makes you look weak and childish.

So I take the punishment, I was fine with the temporary ban but it seems permanent. I've been an amiga user since 1988. Are there so many amiga users left on the scene that they can just ban whoever they want from amiga.org with no ill effects? I don't really think so, but thats just my opinion.

Haywirepc

Just because AEON own amiga.org, doesn't mean they banned you. It may have been one of the moderators.

I doubt it was just the one inccident, that resulted in your banning.

As dlfrsilver said, this isn't amiga.org, its EAB.
Old 04 February 2015, 19:51   #4
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
pointless
Old 04 February 2015, 20:13   #5
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Haywirepc's conduct on a.org definitely wasn't a balanced critique of objections to the aeon ownership of the site. If he were a dinner guest, I think most people would have refused him another drink!
Old 04 February 2015, 20:51   #6
Paul_s

When did EAB become the Judge and Jury of the Internets?
Old 04 February 2015, 20:55   #7
thomas

As these are private pages, they have the right to ban anybody for no reason.

That said, if I were the owner of a forum and somebody insulted me in such a way that I decided to ban him, there would be no way for him to get back into my forum any time. I just wouldn't bother with this topic again. Especially if that person would demand to get his account back without any sign of regret.
Old 05 February 2015, 00:00   #8
Haywirepc

I insulted someone by pointing out facts? Show remorse? I did apologize. Why post here? I don't know emailing them didn't help, I hoped maybe they would see this and address this apparently lifelong ban. I have been a member there FOREVER. Besides this, I think that all Amiga users have a right to know that this is the way AEON runs their business. Apparently, they buy forums and ban anyone who is at all critical of them in those forums. Is that a good way to run a business? To be clear, I am certainly not the only one they did this too. Apparently anyone who says anything negative or critical of the OS4 camp or hardware gets banned. Thats kind of ridiculous.
Old 05 February 2015, 02:42   #9
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
I insulted someone by pointing out facts? Show remorse? I did apologize. Why post here? I don't know emailing them didn't help, I hoped maybe they would see this and address this apparently lifelong ban. I have been a member there FOREVER. Besides this, I think that all Amiga users have a right to know that this is the way AEON runs their business. Apparently, they buy forums and ban anyone who is at all critical of them in those forums. Is that a good way to run a business? To be clear, I am certainly not the only one they did this too. Apparently anyone who says anything negative or critical of the OS4 camp or hardware gets banned. Thats kind of ridiculous.
Hmmmm, your accusing AEON. You completely ignored what I said.
I personally did not know you were banned until your post here.

Your completely misguided, you dont get banned for being critical.
I doubt starting here is going to help.
Old 05 February 2015, 02:52   #10
watsonfmly

I smell a ban coming
Old 05 February 2015, 05:44   #11
Paul_s

Quote:
Well if it's that bad, move on from there! It's only a website on the internet. By all means email the website owners or moderators with your feelings but is it really worth all the aggravation you're causing yourself?
Old 05 February 2015, 06:45   #12
FastRobPlus

My .02
Amiga.org probably isn't worth it. It's really just the aggregator site for bitter Amiga users to commiserate over how they were dealt a bad hand by M$/Apple/the Illuminati.

I left in 2003(2004?) and never missed it.
Old 05 February 2015, 07:14   #13
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
I have a solution for you:
Forget a.org, welcome on friendly EAB, and do your best to not getting a ban here
Old 05 February 2015, 10:02   #14
Daedalus

Everyone's already well aware of the shortcomings of AmigaOS, the X1000 etc. It is expensive and lacking in features, we all know that. I'm not sure what you were trying to achieve by pointing it out *yet again*. Anyway, that sort of constant negativity is why I haven't gone near a.org in many years, so maybe it's part of an effort to turn around the mood there.

Besides that, since everyone already knows these facts you were trying to point out, and many people have pointed them out before without getting banned, it makes it look like it was more to do with *how* you said it than *what* you said. Nobody minds the criticism, but maybe you said it in a way that was construed as a personal attack, trolling or something else that in no way contributes to the site. When people are already aware of shortcomings and are still happy to use the system, what good is someone going to do by putting their hobby down or trying to convince them they were ripped off?
Old 05 February 2015, 10:10   #15
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thread closed. Maybe FOL can establish direct contact with whoever banned you from Amiga.org. As many pointed out, a thread here is not going to help you with the matter.