English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 17 April 2010, 09:46   #21
Bloodwych

This is a fantastic guide!

Cardreset and Cardpatch are not part of the ClassicWB packs - I thought they were already included in the latest CFD: http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/cfd

Not sure about pre-installing them, as the CF pack from Amigakit includes an install disk and it may interfere with that.

If not, I can add them to the next packs, along with the Prism2 for network cards.
Old 17 April 2010, 10:16   #22
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
This is a fantastic guide!

Cardreset and Cardpatch are not part of the ClassicWB packs - I thought they were already included in the latest CFD: http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/cfd

Not sure about pre-installing them, as the CF pack from Amigakit includes an install disk and it may interfere with that.

If not, I can add them to the next packs, along with the Prism2 for network cards.
Hi Bloodwych,

I'm sure I never added the card patches to CWB ADV SP although its the old version I'm using, not your release this Xmas. I still didn't update becuase I've made so many changes to this install I just don't want to start again LOL!

However I've not had any problems using MiamiDX on CWB Full and CWB ADV on my A600 with no card patches installed, I've not had to unplug/re-insert the network card or anything its been faultless throughout.

I've also tried AWeb and IBrowse, they both work fine with all three packs following the guide.

If you like you can link to this post in your section as its pretty much a guide to getting online with CWB, again Kudos on your Packs Bloodwych they really make it easy to get online even with an A600 although expanded.

lastly, I'll update the tutorial to link the card patches on Aminet and take out the note that they are included. Perhaps I installed them ages ago and don't remember

Steve.
Old 17 April 2010, 10:24   #23
Bloodwych

What we need I guess is to confirm that these two patches are now part of the latest CFD/cardflash.device on Aminet. ClassicWB uses this latest version and it would simply need moving from Storage to Devs to automount, so may not need those two patches in the startup-sequence.

Looking at the version history for CFD, it looks like these patches are no longer required. The fact some of your machines seemed to work without them hints at this too.
Old 17 April 2010, 10:31   #24
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
Looking at the version history for CFD, it looks like these patches are no longer required. The fact some of your machines seemed to work without them hints at this too.
Indeed using your latest CWB ADV and CWB Full packs with my A600 I've had no PCMCIA connection issues at all.

From a cold start with the MA401 plugged in I can connect and get straight online or even when I was using the CF card in the PCMCIA slot I removed that, inserted the MA401 and connected with MiamiDX without restarting the Miggy, no problems.

Steve.
Old 17 April 2010, 13:46   #25
Philophus

Looking for info on the PCMCIA reset hardware hack you can do...i found this.

"Otherwise, you need to slide the card out of its socket and plug it back in to reset that end of the network. This is a safe operation because PCMCIA cards have short power pins designed for 'hot plugging', but if you are not afraid of a bit of soldering, the reset adapter board is more elegant. There's no need for this bodge on A600s as they implements credit card slot resets correctly."

That would explain it, maybe it's just 1200's.
Old 24 April 2010, 01:33   #26
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

I know how my A1200 came to have the Card Patches already installed now. They are included with the installer for EasyADF
Old 02 May 2010, 23:09   #27
marcolau

Y
One thing to add tho , it all worked great but it wont work if u have wep with alphanumeric key , in other words the wep key must be made of numbers only .

At least it didnt work on my amiga with it and i had to change it into a numeric one .

So if u should have probs its probably that.
Old 02 May 2010, 23:37   #28
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolau View Post
Y
One thing to add tho , it all worked great but it wont work if u have wep with alphanumeric key , in other words the wep key must be made of numbers only .

At least it didnt work on my amiga with it and i had to change it into a numeric one .

So if u should have probs its probably that.
My Wep Key has a mix of numbers and letters, well 1 letter and the rest numbers but it works for me...
Old 03 May 2010, 03:07   #29
marcolau

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
My Wep Key has a mix of numbers and letters, well 1 letter and the rest numbers but it works for me...
well mine had it too (all letters) but there was no way it would have gotten
on line , once i changed it it all worked at first try .

And as i said that was my experience tho

so it might also depend on hardware since i have a different modem and wireless card who knows

Old 03 May 2010, 10:33   #30
Philophus

Mines alphanumeric.
Old 03 May 2010, 11:59   #31
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolau View Post
well mine had it too (all letters) but there was no way it would have gotten
on line , once i changed it it all worked at first try .

And as i said that was my experience tho

so it might also depend on hardware since i have a different modem and wireless card who knows

The main thing is that you got it working

Steve.
Old 04 May 2010, 23:17   #32
marcolau

Quote:
The main thing is that you got it working

Steve.

Thats the point Steve .

I definately agree :P
Old 13 June 2011, 02:06   #33
fgh

Support for WPA encryption

A commercial version (€15) of prism2.device supporting WPA (TKIP) and WPA2 (CCMP/AES) encryption has recently been launched for 68k and OS4.
See announcement at amigaworld.net.

Also, I have made an overview of prism2.device compatible cards. (attached excel file)
Attached Files
File Type: zip amiga wlan.zip (13.2 KB, 819 views)
Old 03 July 2012, 17:33   #34
SuperNashwan

Cheers for the guide!

Just got my A1200 online using a Compaq WL110 wifi PCMCIA card.
Old 03 July 2012, 17:37   #35
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNashwan View Post
Cheers for the guide!

Just got my A1200 online using a Compaq WL110 wifi PCMCIA card.
Glad it helped
Old 09 August 2012, 21:24   #36
Mr B

Quote:
• Open the file and locate the following line: “run >NIL: C:CardReset TICKS 50”
• Leave a space below this line and then enter on a new line the following:

C:SetPrism2Defaults SSID xxxxx KEY xxxxxxxxxx
I'm sorry, but this line isn't there. Or, at least i cant find it. Now, this might explain why.
(I'm not completely unable to read the thread ;- )

Now my questions is, where was the line located, i need a point of reference, so i can inject the line to pull up the network.

Pretty please, with sugar, no, maple syrup on top?

Edit
Guess nobody knows. Does anyone have any input to offer, as to if it should be early, or late in the startup-sequense?
/Edit

Last edited by Mr B; 12 August 2012 at 15:20.
Old 12 August 2012, 17:38   #37
N-Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
I'm sorry, but this line isn't there. Or, at least i cant find it. Now, this might explain why.
(I'm not completely unable to read the thread ;- )

Now my questions is, where was the line located, i need a point of reference, so i can inject the line to pull up the network.

Pretty please, with sugar, no, maple syrup on top?

Edit
Guess nobody knows. Does anyone have any input to offer, as to if it should be early, or late in the startup-sequense?
/Edit
Having the same problem. Just installed CWB on top of 3.9. Trying to get online with a MA401 I found. Have set up a Guest zone on my router because I didn't want to change my security to WEP, installed Miami and Prism2.
So now I'm supposed to place the line C:SetPrism2Defaults SSID xxxxx KEY xxxxxxxxxx somewhere in the startup sequence, but the question is where?

EAB, Sweden needs your help :-)
Old 12 August 2012, 18:41   #38
N-Ed

OK, so I inserted the line in the middle of the startup sequence(after C:LoadMonDrvs). Got through MiamiDXinit part, got "online". But I couldn't surf into for example EAB or whdownload Plus everything feels kinda buggy, sometimes when I press online in Miami the ol' 1200 freezes and same when I press offline... Am I missing some card patch or something? Might be something missing in the startup sequence I guess

Last edited by N-Ed; 13 August 2012 at 21:04.
Old 13 August 2012, 14:52   #39
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Internet's so easy to set up on the Amiga
Have you installed the darned CardPatch/CardReset patches as fitzypantzy advised?
Old 13 August 2012, 20:49   #40
N-Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 View Post
Internet's so easy to set up on the Amiga
Have you installed the darned CardPatch/CardReset patches as fitzypantzy advised?
Yeah it's soooo intuitive Might have "installed" it, but after doing so many things with the OS during the last few days I actually have no idea. How do I know? If I ever figure out exactly what to do I will make an EASY step by step installation guide for "my" setup

Also, in Cardpatch readme it states: Add "CardPatch" line to your Startup-Sequence or User-Startup.
Should I just write Cardpatch anywhere in the Startup file? Lines like in that readme file and everywhere else in the Amiga world that drives me crazy

Edit: Cardpatch is in C:, but I can't find any line in Startup sequence...

Last edited by N-Ed; 13 August 2012 at 21:00.