Old 09 June 2015, 13:08   #41
jayminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Our short review is up
http://www.indieretronews.com/2015/0...ppears-on.html

Well done, it's enjoyable
Wow, cool

One small nitpick, you should probably change from the name from Jay Miner (one of the greatest people in computing ever) to either my real name (David Eriksson) or use my lower case nick of jayminer (I sometimes go by fx aswell, but I'm changing away from that since most sites nowaday don't allow 2 letter nicknames :/ )
Old 09 June 2015, 16:12   #42
Korodny
Zone Friend

I feel pretty stupid - since everybody else seems to 'get it' - but I'm obviously missing something. I don't get anywhere but the first few rooms, and the only star I can reach is in Room 9,6. I can't reach anything else, because I would need larger jumps, a way to climb walls, faster movement or something like that.

Am I missing a power up somewhere?

Btw., if I drop into room 9,6 and pick up the star, then hit escape, select "erase save game position", confirm, then "start new game" and drop into 9,6 again - the star is gone. Not sure that's intended.

Nearly forgot: What I can see seems a lot of fun though. I loved (and played through) "You have to win the Game", so I want this finished, please
Old 09 June 2015, 16:22   #43
jayminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny View Post
I feel pretty stupid - since everybody else seems to 'get it' - but I'm obviously missing something. I don't get anywhere but the first few rooms, and the only star I can reach is in Room 9,6. I can't reach anything else, because I would need larger jumps, a way to climb walls, faster movement or something like that.

Btw., if I drop into room 9,6 and pick up the star, then hit escape, select "erase save game position", confirm, then "start new game" and drop into 9,6 again - the star is gone. Not sure that's intended.

Nearly forgot: What I can see seems a lot of fun though. I loved (and played through) "You have to win the Game", so I want this finished, please
Hi, the speed upgrade is a couple of rooms to the right of the start, just grab the "ball/orb" thingy.

The erase-save-bug is fixed in the latest version which can be downloaded from the webpage (http://www.driar.se/thegame), there is a minor bug with the death-count in that one though which I have fixed but not yet uploaded.
Old 09 June 2015, 18:19   #44
TheBilgeRat

Quote:

I've been everywhere I think I can go...have speed and double jump and red and white bricks? Only 27 stars and I feel stuck . Its an addictive little game!
Old 09 June 2015, 18:56   #45
jayminer

A spoiler for you then:

The next upgrade is in the upper right area of the world!
Old 09 June 2015, 20:30   #46
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Does the game has a name yet?
Old 09 June 2015, 20:47   #47
jayminer

Hehe nope, I'm open to name-suggestions!
Old 09 June 2015, 21:06   #48
spud

So there are other upgrades to pick up. I had managed to get the speed up in my 110 life mega-run to nowhere but in some ways it makes it even harder! I will give this some more time on real hardware I think

The look of the game is great, by the way.
Old 09 June 2015, 22:16   #49
jayminer

Version 0.95 is here I never meant to make so many minor updates but the "deaths-counter"-bug really irked me. Changelog and downloads can be found at the usual place: http://www.driar.se/thegame

The next release will probably be a version 1.0 and it will probably take a while, unless some other bug that annoys me is discovered!
Old 09 June 2015, 22:28   #50
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayminer View Post
Hehe nope, I'm open to name-suggestions!
the hardest problem in computer science.
Old 10 June 2015, 19:47   #51
jayminer

New titlescreen! Not much left to fix now...!
Old 12 June 2015, 00:05   #52
spud

Don't laugh at the lives count But I fell through the scenery. Thank God for the auto-save part! You can get pushed through by the floating platform in the second image under the right conditions.

This game is horribly addictive. My productivity has taken a nose dive since playing it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oops.png
Views:	269
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	44446   Click image for larger version

Name:	oops2.png
Views:	298
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	44447  

Last edited by spud; 12 June 2015 at 00:12.
Old 12 June 2015, 00:26   #53
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Who is going to make a video, please?
Old 12 June 2015, 00:31   #54
s2325
Zone Friend

Videos may dispirit viewer to play game as it's easier.
Old 12 June 2015, 00:43   #55
Korodny
Zone Friend

This is brilliant, I'm currently at 55 stars.

I fell through the scenery too, once. Landed in another room and could kill myself - so no biggie.
Old 12 June 2015, 08:17   #56
jayminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
Don't laugh at the lives count But I fell through the scenery. Thank God for the auto-save part! You can get pushed through by the floating platform in the second image under the right conditions.
Falling through the scenery is not good, thanks for reporting this! Will be fixed for the final release!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
This game is horribly addictive. My productivity has taken a nose dive since playing it!
Glad to hear that
Old 12 June 2015, 08:18   #57
jayminer

Quote:
This is brilliant, I'm currently at 55 stars.

I fell through the scenery too, once. Landed in another room and could kill myself - so no biggie.
Any chance you might recall which room this happened in? I would like to fix it if it can be replicated!
Old 12 June 2015, 14:41   #58
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayminer View Post
Any chance you might recall which room this happened in? I would like to fix it if it can be replicated!
Hm, I think I landed in the room at the bottom left, with the house you can enter - either that or the room to the right or left of that.

I fell through the scenery one or two (the latter, I think) rooms above and/or to the right. It was a big pit, IIRC - I fell through the left wall of that pit.

I can try to locate the room again, but I have to finish the game first, Last two stars look like they're going to take some time to get.
Old 12 June 2015, 14:43   #59
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Who is going to make a video, please?
I will of course But i'm only interested to do a complete playthrough video. But i rather wait for version 1.0.
Old 12 June 2015, 15:09   #60
jayminer

Quote:
Hm, I think I landed in the room at the bottom left, with the house you can enter - either that or the room to the right or left of that.

I fell through the scenery one or two (the latter, I think) rooms above and/or to the right. It was a big pit, IIRC - I fell through the left wall of that pit.

I can try to locate the room again, but I have to finish the game first, Last two stars look like they're going to take some time to get.
Hopefully this is enough information for me to find and fix that bug, I'm gonna do some digging over the weekend. Do you remember if it was an elevator that pushed you through the "wall" or if you managed to escape the game world some other way?