English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 19 May 2016, 01:49   #1
markpjd
Games-Coffer

markpjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London / England
Posts: 131
Banned from IRC?

Hi,

Seems I'm banned from IRC chat, but I've never used it?
markpjd is offline  
Old 19 May 2016, 18:14   #2
Devlin
Bane of Magic

Devlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bradford, UK
Age: 33
Posts: 327
I've been on it quite often, but it also says that I am banned BUT only if I use the mibbit link from the top of the EAB page. My IRC client happily let me connect and join.
Devlin is offline  
Old 19 May 2016, 18:32   #3
Zeph
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Poole, Dorset
Posts: 79
i just connected via the mibit link on my iPad no probs
Zeph is offline  
Old 19 May 2016, 18:37   #4
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Arnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Leicester/UK
Age: 61
Posts: 3,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
I've been on it quite often, but it also says that I am banned BUT only if I use the mibbit link from the top of the EAB page. My IRC client happily let me connect and join.
Which IRC client do you use?
Arnie is offline  
Old 19 May 2016, 18:42   #5
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Belgarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,402
It seems that mibbit users using a certain range of virgin media hostmasks were banned. I've removed this ban now which I hope will sort markpjd and Devlin out but if it still says you're banned then let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Belgarath is offline  
Old 19 May 2016, 20:08   #6
Devlin
Bane of Magic

Devlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bradford, UK
Age: 33
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Which IRC client do you use?
I use a portable client called Nettalk on windows, and WookieeChat on amiga.
Devlin is offline  
Old 19 May 2016, 20:10   #7
markpjd
Games-Coffer

markpjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London / England
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
It seems that mibbit users using a certain range of virgin media hostmasks were banned. I've removed this ban now which I hope will sort markpjd and Devlin out but if it still says you're banned then let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Seems to be working now, Thank you.
markpjd is offline  
Old 19 May 2016, 20:14   #8
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Belgarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,402
Excellent news, thank you for letting me know. Someone who shall remain nameless set way to much of a blanket ban, I think it was actually banning every virgin media customer who was using mibbit.
Belgarath is offline  
Old 19 May 2016, 21:23   #9
Zeph
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Poole, Dorset
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
Excellent news, thank you for letting me know. Someone who shall remain nameless set way to much of a blanket ban, I think it was actually banning every virgin media customer who was using mibbit.
Thought it might be something like that good job
Zeph is offline  
Old 19 May 2016, 21:31   #10
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Belgarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,402
Good job I don't use mibbit or it would have banned me as well
Belgarath is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Banned Amiga games DDNI Amiga scene 54 10 September 2011 20:35
About CGI:IRC, IRC trolls and EAB accounts (again) eLowar project.IRC 9 22 September 2007 11:44
I might get banned for this, but... Turbo2Xs Amiga scene 18 20 September 2005 15:11

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07130 seconds with 13 queries