English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 21 December 2013, 13:06   #421
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
@B14ck W01f Have you partioned the RDB and formatted the partitions? See http://fs-uae.net/using-hard-drives ("Using HDF Files in RDB Format").
Thanks, Frode. This now works. I forgot that I had to do what thomas said about RDB drives (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=60931)
Old 22 December 2013, 21:31   #422
Harry
HD Installer

I installed the latest dev on a fresh OpenSuse13.1 and chose a user defined kickstart rom path within fs-uae-launcher. When starting the fs-uae, I got a window with the following error message:

Amiga Launch Task failed with exception "[Errno 2] Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden:
u'~/path/Kickstarts/kick40068.A1200'".
See log file for details

[Translated: File or directory not found:]

Then I installed PySide (no effect) and had to chose the kickstart rom again, and then it worked (as /home/user/path/Kickstarts/kick40068.A1200).

My guess is, the path is translated incorrectly or not at all within selecting it with plain QT-Gui.
Old 30 December 2013, 16:11   #423
TEOL

Thats weird although the database now scans like it should even with your own customs in there when it scans a multi disk game now it still says all disks are popped in on the launchers disks and disk swaps lists but when you click the start game button these multi disk games come up as Empty, Empty, Empty, Empty in the game and all you see is either the bios with the tick or the bios with the hand but no game.

Database works fine this way for single disk games still it's just the multi disk entrys that do this.
Old 02 January 2014, 20:56   #424
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
My guess is, the path is translated incorrectly or not at all within selecting it with plain QT4-Gui (ed: PyQt4-Gui).
There was indeed a problem with using PyQT4 (not the same behavior as PySide). I have fixed the issue I experience (not entirely the same, but lets see if the next development version works for you with PyQT4...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEOL View Post
when you click the start game button these multi disk games come up as Empty, Empty, Empty, Empty in the game .
Hi, can you post or send (frode@fs-uae.net) launcher log and fs-uae log file after you have started a multi-disk game? Remember to quit all FS-UAE programs before sending the log files.
Old 05 January 2014, 15:30   #425
Muppetteer

Can I make a couple of UI layout suggestions?

Seeing as you are focusing on the use of the database to automate configurations which is a very good idea, the launcher interface is a bit unnecessarily busy and round the wrong way for a left to right reader. The first thing I want to look at is almost always the list of games, but it is on the right. I suggest:

1. Hide all the configuration tabs in a secondary modal window which is only showed if you edit the config for a game/disk or create a new config.

2. Put the list of games on the left of the window.

3. Remove the full height text box listing all the variations of each individual game. The reason for this is that I imagine that most people are only ever going to need one of these for each game. The current selection is redundantly displayed next to the game box-art and all the little buttons there like thumbs up/down and favourite etc are dependant on which variant you have selected. Instead make the box a single line drop down selection.

4. Reorganise the rest to the right of the games list.

That way you end up with a smaller launcher window that focuses on finding and launching a config, something like the rough mockup I have attached here.

Anyway regardless of whether you like my input or not, keep up the good work Frode!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fs-uae-mockup.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	38546  

Old 05 January 2014, 22:38   #426
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Version 2.3.16:
* (Launcher) Always include Configurations directory in file scan regardless of scan dirs.
* (Launcher) Make file picker code compatible with both PySide and PyQT4.
* (Launcher) Added support for WHDLoad 17.2, set as default WHDLoad version.
* (Arcade) Fixed bug preventing games from launching.

(Also, IPF support library is recompiled and such work again).

@Muppetteer yes, I agree the interface is backwards - at least when you consider the game list as a primary navigation (which it is for many now) and not some add-on functionality, which it was initially. So I agree with your main point. But there is still some thought put into the current layout, and redoing the UI is quite time-consuming, so I won't make significant changes before I know exactly how I would like it (there are many use cases to consider) -So yes, I am thinking about these things, but not planning to do anything about in the near future.
Old 05 January 2014, 22:50   #427
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
* (Launcher) Added support for WHDLoad 17.2, set as default WHDLoad version.
Are you sure? The Launcher still loads 17.1.
Old 06 January 2014, 05:19   #428
bcripon

Frode,

I have tried out 2.3.16 on OS X and, as always, it is working fine. I was wondering if you could change the Finder version number on the FS-UAE launcher to match the underlying FS-UAE version. Unfortunately, right now, it simply says 1.0.0. Obviously, I can start the launcher to find out the real version. However, if it is easy to do, it would be nice if the launcher version number you see in the Finder matched the version number you see when you start up the Launcher.

Obviously, this is not an important change. It is just convenient when I am not sure if I am running the latest development version.

Bob C
Old 06 January 2014, 15:38   #429
1time
Amiga Lover

Stupid question but where can i download this patch? Cant find it on fs-uae.net.
Old 06 January 2014, 15:40   #430
TCD

http://fs-uae.net/devel/2.3.16dev

New development can always be found under http://fs-uae.net/devel/
Old 06 January 2014, 21:19   #431
Goingdown

I am using http://fs-uae.net/download-devel to get my devel versions. Or I was, but right now I am using opensuse repo.

Frode, is there something amiss on 2.3.16 within the translated strings? I updated translations, but there is still whole bunch of untranslated texts, even if I am pretty sure those texts were translated on earlier release?
Old 12 January 2014, 23:07   #432
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Are you sure? The Launcher still loads 17.1.
Most OAGD.net entries have whdload_version = 17.1. The FS-UAE default of 17.2 only applies when it is not overriden. We can chat about the OAGD.net stuff in #FS-UAE, we can both change to 17.2 manually per game and also semi-automatically (update all entries).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripon View Post
I was wondering if you could change the Finder version number on the FS-UAE launcher to match the underlying FS-UAE version
OK, I can fix for the next dev release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingdown View Post
Frode, is there something amiss on 2.3.16 within the translated strings? I updated translations, but there is still whole bunch of untranslated texts, even if I am pretty sure those texts were translated on earlier release?
I'll check! Can you give one or two examples where you think something could be amiss?
Old 13 January 2014, 07:09   #433
grimi

Hi, Frode. I have some info about untranslated texts. I noticed, that translated string don't show up in settings window in case,where sentence is ended with colon sign. Adding at the end colon sign to original strings in po file, fixes problem.
Some examples where problem exist:
Floppy drive volume
Custom game database server address
Mouse speed (%)
Texture filter
Old 14 January 2014, 17:31   #434
Goingdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I'll check! Can you give one or two examples where you think something could be amiss?
In Keyboard settings page all texts are untranslated, even if they all are translated according to poedit. Hmm, and I can see same settings on Mouse settings page, where all texts too are untranslated.

Also on Sound settings page, all other texts will show up as untranslated, except for captions.

Same thing for Display settings pages, netplay page, Game database settings page... all in all I can see untranslated texts on almost all settings pages.

EDIT. Yes, it seems that the : is the key, thanks Grimli
Old 14 January 2014, 19:36   #435
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yep, translation bug fixed (I erroneously added a trailing colon *before* translation, not after as I intended). The texts will reappear in 2.3.17dev.
Old 15 January 2014, 22:05   #436
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Where to config Floppy Drive Speed in FS-UAE Launcher ? can't find it...
Old 17 January 2014, 21:10   #437
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

There never was a floppy drive speed GUI control in the Launcher. You may have seen it in the translation file, if I added a description in the option file.
Old 17 January 2014, 21:40   #438
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Regarding the current development series, and current progress: I am planning a new stable version 2.4.0 any time soon -Just waiting for some translations to appear, and also make some smaller adjustments and fixes.

I have already worked on the next development branch (merged WinUAE 2.7.0 code, made some improvements and new features), but I'll hold that back until 2.4.0 is out of the door so things won't get too messy

I have also had a few of requests for a public git repo in github.com, and now there is one at https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae. Note, this repo only contains FS-UAE itself. If it proves useful, a repo for the "Python bits" (FS-UAE Launcher & Arcade) will perhaps follow later.
Old 18 January 2014, 01:01   #439
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.17dev:
  • Remove old log file paths so they’ll not be mistaken for current logs.
  • Fix initial mute when option volume is set to 0.
  • Updated translations: fi [Goingdown], pl [grimi], fr [Foul].
  • (Launcher) Option download_file from DB does not have to be an archive.
  • (Launcher) Fixed bug when doubleclicking on an URI in the floppy list.
  • (Launcher) Fixed bug with selecting multiple files [2.3.16].
  • (Launcher) Fixed trailing colon in translatiion of option description.
  • (Launcher) Updated translations: fi [Goingdown], pl [grimi], fr [Foul].

I've also updated the download-devel page to be nicer and more user-friendly, I think (The not-too-big redesign of fs-uae.net is a work in progress).
Old 18 January 2014, 08:22   #440
Goingdown

Great job Frode, new version works well. I installed it from OpenSuse repo without any problems.

Btw there is two untranslated strings on settings pages still, but I am not sure if there has

Display synchronization page, Just next line after the caption, text:
"Synchronize FS-UAE with your display for smooth video"
(I don't think there is translation string for this one?)

Maintenance page, Next line after caption, text:
"Miscellaneous functions to optimize FS-UAE Launcher"
There is translation entry for "Miscellaneous functions to optimize {name}". Is this the one which should be used?

EDIT. There seems to be Trac page now up for bugs and stuff. Should I post these findings there on future?

Last edited by Goingdown; 18 January 2014 at 08:35.