English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 27 February 2009, 23:20   #281
nujack
Zone Friend

Would be cool to see the original Amiga-version one day and to get my hands on one copy.
Old 28 March 2009, 23:33   #282
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
John Twiddy hates the guts out of you all, I bet the sole mention of Putty Squad puts the guys on seizures
You can bet your life on that

Albeit he was not too much bothered all that time, because it was virtually impossible to track him down (Many tried, many failed)
Even more exciting that he is now volunteering to give an interview to a magazine after all those years of successfully living "incognito".
Old 29 March 2009, 03:37   #283
Adropac2
Zone Friend

What would we have left to wait for if finally this gem was fully uncovered?

Sometimes it's good to be left wanting and often we only end up disapointed - not saying we would here but our own generated hype alone could in fact be a bad thing

I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at the idea of playing the full game but i do wonder sometimes if things are best left as is
Old 29 March 2009, 22:08   #284
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adropac2 View Post
What would we have left to wait for if finally this gem was fully uncovered?

Sometimes it's good to be left wanting and often we only end up disapointed - not saying we would here but our own generated hype alone could in fact be a bad thing

I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at the idea of playing the full game but i do wonder sometimes if things are best left as is
If getting your hands on Putty Squad is the highlight of your life, I can understand your concerns. But I highly doubt it is.

Me, I'd love to play the full version on the Amiga, but I find it much more exciting when completely unheard of games show up, or games that were only previewed in an obscure magazine or something. You never know what's out there.
Old 30 March 2009, 00:38   #285
mrbob2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz@Retro Gamer View Post
They are looking at potential ways of revealing it, one of which will be mentioned in the interview. The Amiga version definately still exists according to John, but it is stored away and he'll have to physically check hundreds of disks in order to find it.

Happy now?

I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't try to drive interest in the magazine

I started collecting the magazine at issue 1 and its a fantastic read, nothing else like it. One thing that worries me though is the amiga version is stored (i assume) on a floppy somewhere in a dark room....

All my floppies have been backed up to multiple dvds and pc hard drives as some are over 18 years old. The thought of the only copy of this game in the WHOLE WORLD is stored on an ancient peice of proabably warped magnetic plastic is worrying. If this bloke hasnt the time or finds searching through the disks a chore, id happlily go through them for him!
Old 30 March 2009, 03:54   #286
exoticaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
You can bet your life on that

Albeit he was not too much bothered all that time, because it was virtually impossible to track him down (Many tried, many failed)
Even more exciting that he is now volunteering to give an interview to a magazine after all those years of successfully living "incognito".
Thats great news, once start interviewing don't forget the fact why you are interviewing him. Its about the game nothing else, its about the game release. Don't let it end with 'yeh and i'll see what i can do' sort of answer. Install some excitment back in him, some of the old buzz he must have had back then, rekindle his old happy memories.

"check hundreds of disks in order to find it" no wonder nothing has happened he has lost his enthusiasm. Maybe that stack of 100's of disks will bring more to light, together with the full release of putty squad.

If doesn't care to sort through 100's of disks then maybe arrange for someone with amiga dev knowledge to sort through the disks. With him or without him if he doesn't care for them now.

He must care something for the amiga if agreed to do an interview.
Old 30 March 2009, 22:45   #287
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye View Post
If getting your hands on Putty Squad is the highlight of your life, I can understand your concerns. But I highly doubt it is.

Lol i guess it did sound a bit like that's what i was saying
Old 07 April 2009, 14:59   #288
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

Jeesus! Every time someone posts here I get excited and think that someone has uploaded the bloody game!
Old 07 April 2009, 19:24   #289
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Stylus View Post
Jeesus! Every time someone posts here I get excited and think that someone has uploaded the bloody game!
LOL

You betcha!
Old 07 April 2009, 22:40   #290
Paul_s
Stuck in the 80s

Happy

You should all be banned for not posting the game, PUTTY SQUAD!!!
Old 07 April 2009, 22:45   #291
Gordon
Settler

Ok imagine an old cleaning lady was cleaning the old buildings of system 3 when she finds a beta finished version of putty squad for amiga under all crap you would find in a deserted office space. A proper version, you know with proper disc stickers and a box/packaging that game reviewers get. And she decided to put it on ebay, not knowing its true value. How much would you bid??

i would go up to £200, and i feel sick when i have to pay 40 for a new game!
Old 07 April 2009, 22:49   #292
Paul_s
Stuck in the 80s

I'd email the cleaner and offer her a brand new in box Dyson Ball Roller Vaccuum
Old 29 April 2009, 12:06   #293
ImmortalA1000

Just to comment on the 'they might only release it on a new platform like DS/PSP XBLA PSN....' that does make perfect commercial sense I agree.

A 2D platform game of any sort of quality is worth money, and let's face it on the mobile phones, XBLA or PSN or even Wii VC there is no packaging or production costs, it's just a simple download.

However if they admit an Amiga version exists and don't release that for free as a download on one of their own website I will not be buying a single copy for the other platforms, I can buy better games for my PS3 like Wipeout HD or Super Stardust HD which are massively improved games and cheaper than their prequels.

The truth is there should be a System 3 website with all the classic C64 AND Amiga games downloadable for FREE but there isn't so obviously this Mark Cale has ideas about still selling this back catalogue from 1/4 of a century ago probably.

Look at Cinemaware, they know exactly what they are doing in this area, and because of this I have no problem giving my money for their new productions. You don't have a feeling of greed visiting the Cinemaware website at all, just happy memories
Old 30 April 2009, 14:35   #294
Simmo76

Just a quick note for anyone who's interested - according to the this months Retro Gamer mag (issue 63), NEXT months mag will be carrying the Interview with John Twiddy and information about Putty Squad (Amiga version).
Old 10 May 2009, 01:51   #295
MethodGit

You know, if anyone ever manages to blag a chat with Mark Cale one day, perhaps they should ask him about Fuzzball C64. Would be nice to know whether a finished version of that exists!
Old 10 May 2009, 05:49   #296
musojon74

Did that Retro Gamer interview with JT appear yet? And has anyone heard anything else about this game?

Cheers
Old 10 May 2009, 12:35   #297
Graham Humphrey

Not yet - the John Twiddy interview will appear in issue 64, which is on sale May 21 if you don't subscribe.
Old 12 May 2009, 11:19   #298
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Saw this yesterday!! Twiddy interview is indeed.... in the next issue beat me to it Humphrey !
Old 16 May 2009, 13:15   #299
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
You know, if anyone ever manages to blag a chat with Mark Cale one day, perhaps they should ask him about Fuzzball C64. Would be nice to know whether a finished version of that exists!
Probably about as much chance as C64 Murder, mores the pity. Worse yet,even if there were a copy still in existance, I'd imagine Mark Cale would launch it onto something like the Wii/C64 virtual console anyways!
Old 18 May 2009, 19:36   #300
BobRedthorp
Huge member

I got my copy of the mag a couple of days ago, would it be cool to post what he said about the game?