English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 09 August 2014, 07:56   #61
Pyromania

@xArtx

What game did you have in the App Store?
Old 16 August 2014, 21:37   #62
Emufr3ak

Hi there. I released iUAE an Amiga Emulator for iDevices in the Cydia Appstore for Jailbroken devices. It's basically iAmiga with improved controls. Its not perfect yet but it gets regular updates. You can check out http://www.iuae-emulator.net for more on this.

CypherGX: I'm really interested in your work. If our Goals and Ideas are simillar we might work together on something.

Old 16 August 2014, 22:42   #63
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emufr3ak View Post
Hi there. I released iUAE an Amiga Emulator for iDevices in the Cydia Appstore for Jailbroken devices. It's basically iAmiga with improved controls. Its not perfect yet but it gets regular updates. You can check out http://www.iuae-emulator.net for more on this.

CypherGX: I'm really interested in your work. If our Goals and Ideas are simillar we might work together on something.
Which CPU core is it using?
As Im seeing glitches in games normally caused by using wrong cycle unit / fame c core.
Old 17 August 2014, 09:43   #64
Emufr3ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Which CPU core is it using?
As Im seeing glitches in games normally caused by using wrong cycle unit / fame c core.
I''m using fame C Core. Some games do have problems in fact. Most of them stop loading.

I'm trying to track down the problem at the moment. My first guess was something disk related. But it turns out that the game doesn't evene execute the code required to load the game. Its also interesting that most of this games run fine in the UAE4All Version iAmiga is based on, which is using FAME C Too.

Could this be related to the Issue you describe? Do you have more Information on this? Maybe suggestions on how to fix this?

Old 17 August 2014, 13:50   #65
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I''m using fame C Core. Some games do have problems in fact. Most of them stop loading.

I'm trying to track down the problem at the moment. My first guess was something disk related. But it turns out that the game doesn't evene execute the code required to load the game. Its also interesting that most of this games run fine in the UAE4All Version iAmiga is based on, which is using FAME C Too.

Could this be related to the Issue you describe? Do you have more Information on this? Maybe suggestions on how to fix this?
Hi,

I think your talking about about UAE4ALL2 with has updated FAMEC core, thies errors are not present with updated core.
The glitches are due to the standard FAMEC core not being complete.

Also, the menu is screwed up on my ipad, this has always been the case. I have to click empty space around the option I want.
There is also no empty drive, so I cant remove a disk once inserted. I also have an issue where it doesn't detect any disk changes, so If a game asks for disk two, I insert it and status leads don't change.
Old 17 August 2014, 20:08   #66
Emufr3ak

I'm talking about games like Flashback, Alien Breed and Rick Dangerous. All have loading Issues but they seem to work fine in the Gp2x-Version Uae4all 0.7.2 which iAmiga and iUAE are based on.

Here a link to the compatibility list:

http://wiki.gp2x.org/articles/u/a/e/UAE4all.html

What kind of games are you talking about. What causes them to fail?

What do you mean with using wrong cycle unit? Do you have more information about this?

Old 18 August 2014, 00:23   #67
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I'm talking about games like Flashback, Alien Breed and Rick Dangerous. All have loading Issues but they seem to work fine in the Gp2x-Version Uae4all 0.7.2 which iAmiga and iUAE are based on.

Here a link to the compatibility list:

http://wiki.gp2x.org/articles/u/a/e/UAE4all.html

What kind of games are you talking about. What causes them to fail?

What do you mean with using wrong cycle unit? Do you have more information about this?
Lotus1 is one major example.
Cycle unit, is something to do with timing. I created an option in pspuae to halve the cycle unit, this gave a decent speed increase but had side effects.
One of which was glitchy graphics and wrong timing so some games would stuck in certain places.

I think uae4all, simular option is turbo. Cant remember, been along time since I looked at source.
Old 18 August 2014, 22:53   #68
xArtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
@xArtx

What game did you have in the App Store?
Megaball using UAE and licensed Kickstart.
It's back in there.. I just let my developer fee lapse.
It is severely locked to the one disk image though.

The only way the one being discussed is getting into the App Store is in disguise,
and even then, only temporary.
It would be wise to make up a new account just for the purpose too because it will also be deleted.
This is what happened with Gridlee (MAME emulator) which fortunately I backed up

There is a lot of interest in the Amiga in the App Store... it would be narced on straight up.
Old 13 September 2014, 10:09   #69
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArtx View Post
It is severely locked to the one disk image though.
Come on tell us the trick

I will give your app 5 Stars every update that will come along in future.
Old 18 September 2014, 23:51   #70
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArtx View Post
Megaball using UAE and licensed Kickstart.
iOS app store? I was under the impression that Apple's strict terms are in violation of the GPL terms, and therefore products containing GPL'ed code cannot legally be published via the app store (VLC for example was pulled a few years back due to that [1], until they finally managed to dual-license all their code under MPL also [2]).

1: http://www.computerworld.com/article...app-store.html
2: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/07...-month-hiatus/

Note: I probably have no copyright on any code in that UAE version, and neither have I bought/acquired the product, so I personally have no legal say in the matter, but the copyright holders of that UAE version and all customers might. I just thought you should know!

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 19 September 2014 at 00:31.
Old 13 October 2014, 10:36   #71
xArtx

Apparently, but the App Store is full of GPL code.
I think the VNC debacle was largely political,
and it was later found the fellow involved worked for Nokia.

The best I could do was to seek permission from every author I could contact
which was over 20 of the many more authors of UAE, and more for the mobile versions.

I had a long back & forth with Richard Stallman himself about all of this
I know that I'm well & truly done with Apple for the usual reasons, so don't really care so much about it.
The reinstating my developer account was for an unrelated app (all mine with some PD content).
I do know however that any open Amiga emulator in the App Store won't last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
iOS app store? I was under the impression that Apple's strict terms are in violation of the GPL terms, and therefore products containing GPL'ed code cannot legally be published via the app store (VLC for example was pulled a few years back due to that [1], until they finally managed to dual-license all their code under MPL also [2]).

1: http://www.computerworld.com/article...app-store.html
2: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/07...-month-hiatus/

Note: I probably have no copyright on any code in that UAE version, and neither have I bought/acquired the product, so I personally have no legal say in the matter, but the copyright holders of that UAE version and all customers might. I just thought you should know!
Old 13 June 2015, 10:42   #72
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
iOS app store? I was under the impression that Apple's strict terms are in violation of the GPL terms, and therefore products containing GPL'ed code cannot legally be published via the app store (VLC for example was pulled a few years back due to that ....
Beginning with iOS9 you need no AppStore and no jailbreak anymore. Only Xcode and the source code project files are needed to push an app per usb on the device for free, no membership required anymore

Read here http://www.apple.com/xcode

Now everyone can get their app on their Apple device.
Xcode 7 and Swift now make it easier for everyone to build apps and run them directly on their Apple devices. Simply sign in with your Apple ID, and turn your idea into an app that you can touch on your iPad, iPhone, or Apple Watch. Download Xcode 7 beta and try it yourself today. Program membership is not required.

Last edited by yesplease; 13 June 2015 at 21:40.
Old 13 June 2015, 11:06   #73
JumpingJackson

I'm learning iOS development and did not know that! That's great, so I don't need a developer license to simply test my app on my real device?
Old 13 June 2015, 11:58   #74
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
I'm learning iOS development and did not know that! That's great, so I don't need a developer license to simply test my app on my real device?
yep, thats right no need to pay the annual developer license fee anymore. I have seen posts where they already pushed gba emulator on a ios9beta device with xcode7beta and screenshots how to do.

The steps were like this
1.go into a xcode project
2.set build target to your iOS device
3.set your itunes account
4.plug in your iphone and build, seconds later the app will pop up on your home screen

You can already download xcode7beta for free and without license. It installs parallel to xcode6. But for pushing apps to your device, you will have to wait at least to july as there begins the public beta of ios9.

Does anyone know of a UAE xcode project and where to get it ?

EDIT:
ok i found the source here http://www.iuae-emulator.net

i build it (took out the cydia stuff) and now it is up and running in the ios simulator. waiting for ios9 to publish it to my device without jailbreak or paid developer needed

BTW: the site states there is already version1.08 out with fixes to glitching sounds problems. but the source seems to be 1.06 or 1.07.

EDIT2:
it seems emufreak maybe just forgot to upate the version in the xcode project file. the version on the site is probably the latest from what I can see in the code and github repo

Last edited by yesplease; 17 June 2015 at 08:53.
Old 13 June 2015, 18:01   #75
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
yep, thats right no need to pay the annual developer license fee anymore. I have seen posts where they already pushed gba emulator on a ios9beta device with xcode7beta and screenshots how to do.

The steps were like this
4.plug in your iphone and build, seconds later the app will pop up on your home screen

You can already download xcode7beta for free and without license. It installs parallel to xcode6. But for pushing apps to your device, you will have to wait at least to july as there begins the public beta of ios9.

Your earlier link to info on it, gives 404.
Old 13 June 2015, 21:44   #76
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Your earlier link to info on it, gives 404.
Repaired. The link was case sensitive. Infact it is a redirect to https://developer.apple.com/xcode/

Thanks
Old 19 June 2015, 12:23   #77
MrGimper

Quote:

The steps were like this

EDIT:
ok i found the source here http://www.iuae-emulator.net

i build it (took out the cydia stuff) and now it is up and running in the ios simulator. waiting for ios9 to publish it to my device without jailbreak or paid developer needed

BTW: the site states there is already version1.08 out with fixes to glitching sounds problems. but the source seems to be 1.06 or 1.07.

EDIT2:
it seems emufreak maybe just forgot to upate the version in the xcode project file. the version on the site is probably the latest from what I can see in the code and github repo
Do you have a copy of the source without the cydia stuff that will compile?
Old 19 June 2015, 16:55   #78
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimper View Post
Do you have a copy of the source without the cydia stuff that will compile?

Hi,

1.just download the complete zip from https://github.com/emufreak/iAmiga

2. open it in xcode

3. when you try to built it, it will fail due to a handful of errors, nothing serious

you have to do the following to make it run:

4.delete the complete run script section in the xcode project to get rid of the cydia scripts. we don't need that anymore in ios9

5.make roms and disks folders and put Kick13.rom and adfs to it, be sure you have added the adfs in disk under project built settings->build phases->copy bundle resources .

6.the LaunchImage was missing (it complaints about the image xcasset) , just create a new one

7.run and enjoy

Can't wait for iOS9 to get it on real and NOT jailbroken hardware. Played Speedball2 in the xcode simulator sound was perfect.

Last edited by yesplease; 20 June 2015 at 09:25.
Old 21 June 2015, 13:48   #79
MrGimper

Quote:
Hi,

1.just download the complete zip from https://github.com/emufreak/iAmiga

2. open it in xcode

3. when you try to built it, it will fail due to a handful of errors, nothing serious

you have to do the following to make it run:

4.delete the complete run script section in the xcode project to get rid of the cydia scripts. we don't need that anymore in ios9

5.make roms and disks folders and put Kick13.rom and adfs to it, be sure you have added the adfs in disk under project built settings->build phases->copy bundle resources .

6.the LaunchImage was missing (it complaints about the image xcasset) , just create a new one

7.run and enjoy

Can't wait for iOS9 to get it on real and NOT jailbroken hardware. Played Speedball2 in the xcode simulator sound was perfect.
OK thanks, will give it a go. I'm running iOS 9 beta 1 on my 6 plus and iPad Air 2
Old 22 June 2015, 13:06   #80
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimper View Post
OK thanks, will give it a go. I'm running iOS 9 beta 1 on my 6 plus and iPad Air 2
you will also need Xcode7 beta.

and follow the apple beta guide: "Launch your app on Devices using free provisoning"

https://developer.apple.com/library/...onDevices.html

free means you won't need a paid developer account to install the app on a real device.

good luck. And if you get stuck just come back to here and report.