English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

View Poll Results: What did you think of those demos?
Jesus on E-at your heart out 0 0%
Not bad 3 37.50%
Not good 2 25.00%
My god I've never seen such a lame piece of... 3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 November 2005, 03:03   #1
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Suck on this (amiga demo fans)

thought you would all like to know that these new (oct 2005) demo's exist.

they run fine on a standard WB 3.0 amiga 1200, maybe even run a bit on ECS, so...

... check these files out on your amiga or emulator :
(be aware these two demos could be mildly offensive)
http://main.aminet.net/demo/disk/war_sot1.lha
http://main.aminet.net/demo/disk/war_sot2.lha
(ADF's in LHA's)

and this shorty but a goody...
...(amigaDOS script runs from WB)
http://main.aminet.net/demo/sound/war_mind.lha

coming soon is a 20-40 minute quirky rave demo.
It will be reased much sooner if someone can help my clean up my [blitz2] code (really I just need to finish the tedious task of INCBIN-ing all the data, but have so much other stuff I do in my life right now that it may not happen until next year)

cheers.
Old 25 November 2005, 20:05   #2
jobro

Let me be honnest with you. The double disk demo looks more like an unemployed teacher to me,

IT LACKS CLASS!!

Why are you doing a demo made in dark gray on bright black?

Back to the drawing board with this shit, and the ADF files found a new home in my recycle bin.

Sorry that I had to dis this demo, but I've definitly seen better demos. It is not bad, but to expect that anyone would vote " Jesus on E-at your heart out" is to expect to find water on Venus. Change the palette and get better music then I'd be intresting in reviewing the demo. But as it is now, I can hardly see anything on the screen.
Old 28 November 2005, 01:10   #3
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Thanks for the feedback! It may sound odd considering you just bagged my demo pretty bad, but really I do prefer constructive criticism to pointless praise.

"One Minute Mind" really is my favorite demo of the bunch. AON/chorus is the BEST tracker for amiga, even if it is in german and I can't understand most of it! My next demo shall be most similar to that than "suck on this"

I should maybe point out that I have only been coding for about a month (one week when I released "suck on this", which I was working on for all of three days - music gfx and code), and really need an experienced coder.

As for your comments about the music. Have you ever heard the saying "different strokes for different folks"? It's funny. Half the feedback I get on my music is along the lines of "what a GOD AWFUL NOISE!" and the other half is "MY GOD, that shit is AMAZING! How do you get that sound out of 2-4 Channels 8-bit", And it seems to me that people who like experimental, industrial, etc. LOVE my music, so much so that I had to block YAHOO and HOTMAIL from my email because of all the unsolicited praise (it's gotten worse than the penis pills :^). So I Ignore your comments on my music, because I have heard it before, and it's obviously just not your cup of tea. I notice that demo fans mostly just don't get it, but ppl who know nothing about the scene mostly love it. Personally I don't really understand either P.O.V., to me it's just something I do to express my feelings.
Old 28 November 2005, 07:26   #4
jobro

Sorry for being picky. But for 1 month the demo is good. What do you code in?
Old 29 November 2005, 00:57   #5
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Take a look at the files on disk. It's mostly an AmigaDOS script! Using Hippoplayer to play the music an PPanim for splash screens (please don't laugh at my lameness)

All the little bits of code are in Blitz2, with a couple of bits of 68k in there.

I agree that the ADF's suck! But I have been trying to find coders to collaborate with for years, NOTHING! (well, Whizz/ex. Apathy was kind enough to send me some blitz and 68k source - Thx) So I thought maybe if I put some stuff up on the aminet maybe ppl would take me a little more serious and want to work with me.

But what did you think of "one minute mind". My current project is almost exactly the same as that as far as music and visuals go: only it goes for 20min instead of 1min, and the routine varies a lot more.

If ANYONE coder or graphic would like to lend a hand. PLEASE contact me via EAB or EMAIL. I would really like to enter a demo in the xmas compo.