English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 28 October 2003, 23:35   #1
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Cool New Java code for you peeps to try out...

For all you EABers with Java enabled mobile phones...

After my first relatively successful attempt at a MIDlet which people seemed to get working (eventually) here is my next effort.

Basically this new MIDlet displays the nice EAB logo image taken from this site without permission.

It also features another (in)famous EAB image which I'll keep a surprise. You'll have to download the zip file to find out.

It's not a completely useless MIDlet though. It also provides a handy look at your phones capabilities listing such things as your phones total memory, free memory, which Java profile your phone accepts etc.

The MIDlet also features an About screen which should provide some small amusement.

I hope some of you take the time to check it out. Any feedback is much appreciated. Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mobilephonestats.zip (12.9 KB, 235 views)
Old 29 October 2003, 08:02   #2
Drake1009

Sounds interesting, I'll try it when I get to work where I can hook up my mobile.

And if you can post mobile stuff, I might as well too. I'll upload the snake game I made and the tetris I made for cellphones. Both made for maximum compatibility with phones meaning taking screen size into consideration and such.
Old 29 October 2003, 09:26   #3
Drake1009

Here we go.

And I tried your program. Works fine, though I don't think I can get it to wash up.

Updated file. Snake should actually start as well now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip my games.zip (10.6 KB, 234 views)

Last edited by Drake1009; 29 October 2003 at 15:02.
Old 29 October 2003, 19:50   #4
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Mobile Phone Stats v1.1

Here is a small update which displays a couple of extra bits of information about your mobile phone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mobilephonestatsv11.zip (13.1 KB, 234 views)
Old 06 November 2003, 01:52   #5
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Cool A new MIDlet is now available for download

Behold... The Mentalizer!!

My next great MIDlet for those of you with Java enabled mobile phones is a wonderful graphics demo. My first attempt at a graphics engine for mobile phones and it's quite erm... mad. I have named my crazy offspring "The Mentalizer".

This program throws loads of multicoloured randomly generated bricks at your poor mobile phone and shows absolutely no mercy by constantly regenerating the bricks every single update.

It produces a psyhcadelic, trippy and bizarre hypnotic effect with multicoloured bricks recklessly flying around your mobiles display never resting until you hit the pause button. It's great fun to watch though!

No two randomly generated screens of bricks should be the same. Let me know if you find two screens the same. lol.

WARNING: This program will probably melt your phone and may cause some easily persuadable individuals to become temporarily hypnotised.

Enjoy..... and goodbye!
Attached Files
File Type: zip the mentalizer.zip (3.2 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by Steve; 07 November 2003 at 00:41.