English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 02 January 2020, 20:14   #1
Odwalla

Help using WHDLoad configurations with fs-uae.exe

Hello,

I'd like to use fs-uae.exe as the registered Amiga emulator in Launchbox, so that I can have all of my ROM libraries in a single location.

For FS-UAE (Launcher) I have the Kickstart ROMs and the Workebench 3.0 adf from Amiga Forever. I've added a base-dir file to redirect FS-UAE to look in a folder on my D: drive for the expected subdirectories.

I wrote a script to go through all of my *.adf files and make fs-uae configuration files for them. This worked well, but I'd rather not deal with slow floppy emulation speed, swapping media for games that only support a single drive, etc..

So, I wrote another script to scrape the .lha files from whdownload.com and create .fs-uae configuration files for them. When I access these configuration files from within FS-UAE Launcher they work perfectly. But, if I open a command prompt and use:

fs-uae.exe <path to config>

I just get an emulation window with the AROS Kickstart saying there is no boot media detected.

To eliminate the possibility of a bug in my configuration creation script I made a configuration file from within FS-UAE Launcher. Accessing that file from the command line gave the same results.

After reading more of the FS-UAE docs I added a 'kickstart_file = <path>' line to one of my game configuration files. Now when that file is used as an argument to fs-uae.exe the correct Kickstart is used, but then the emulation Guru Meditates.

What are the best (successful ) practices to using .fs-uae configuration files for WHDLoad archives with the command line fs-uae.exe program?
Old 02 January 2020, 20:24   #2
ztronzo

Wht dont you use fs-uae-launcher from the command line, if I rememeber correclty it should be something like
fs-uae-launcher --c "path/to/config file.fs-uae"

It should parse and start fs-uae with all configuration settings

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02 January 2020, 20:43   #3
Odwalla

I didn't realize that was an option. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Old 02 January 2020, 23:25   #4
Odwalla

That worked. Thank you.