THE BIGGEST AMIGA DEMO CD EVER! 0 0%
4 DECADES OF AMIGA DEMOS 5 31.25%
DEMO NATION 2 12.50%
SOMETHING ELSE! (post your suggestion) 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 February 2017, 13:23   #61
Amigajay

Ok finished letter S late last night.

At the minute the total demos is 263, so for the hardware test and first release i want to get that upto 300.

I want to get as many AGA releases on here with the first release, i have around 43 after adding 15 or so from Cobe's disc.

Obviously later AGA releases are aimed at higher hardware specs, so from early looks its mainly releases from 93-94 with a few from 1995 that may work.
I will go through those this week, does anyone know if any AGA demos from 96 onwards work on 020 and 2mb ram?! If any i guess, but there may be the odd one without having to trawl through hundreds.
I love the revival of OCS demos the last few years, some great looking demos, shows that the art is in the art and not just the horsepower of a machine, anyway i will start adding these after the next release.
Old 27 February 2017, 18:16   #62
Amiga1992

Have you looked into stuff that isn't WHDLoad installed but runs from CLI instead?

There ARE demos that run on 020 from recent years, some are OCS and all, I would have a look at pouet. For example, the amazing Rink A Dink Redux should run.

[ Show youtube player ]

http://www.pouet.net/prodlist.php?pl...&order=release

The recently released MAKT by Spaceballs is another contender.
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=68878

I am sure you'll get to 300 in no time!
Old 27 February 2017, 18:28   #63
Amigajay

Oh yeah I still have 15 or so newer whdload slaves since the 2.6 update to add, but all the rest of the demos I will add will be direct loaded.

Yeah Pouet is my go to source along with a couple of other handy sites Demozoo etc

I just thought I would ask about newer AGA releases, I think the newest I have working are from 1995, OCS on the other hand are still coming out on a monthly basis now.
Old 27 February 2017, 19:24   #64
Amiga1992

Plain AGA (2MB chip, 020@16Mhz) demos are hard to come by, unfortunately. I wish the platform took off. But I guess as long as people are happy squeezing OCS, there's no need for AGA.
Old 27 February 2017, 21:04   #65
Nobby_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
ONLY the preview is supported by the current version (v1.5) of the WHDLoad patch!

I get that !
But it still Bombs Out (Not See The Grab ?)
Illegal Instruction $10 - you want the Dump ?

Last edited by Nobby_UK; 12 April 2020 at 23:41.
Old 01 March 2017, 13:53   #66
Amigajay

Still plodding away adding a few demos everynight, in the meantime i will add a couple of folders for newbies to see some great demos quickly, something like;

10 unmissable ocs demos
10 unmissable aga demos

Going by thumbs up on pouet, these are some of the highest rated that i have working so far;

10 unmissable ocs:
state of the art
hardwired
desert dream
arte
rink a dink: redux
enigma
9 fingers
boogietown
jesus on e's
?

10 unmissable aga:
nexus-7
love
friday at eight
fullmoon
switchback
baygon
the prey
gevalia
?
?

What other great demos would you like to see in this list or is a title here that should be swapped for something else?
Old 01 March 2017, 18:20   #67
Amiga1992

Pouet thumbs up are weird really.
On OCS I would most definitely put up TECHNOLOGICAL DEATH by Mad Elks. It's a damn classic. And having both 9 fingers and State Of The art... dunno... I never been too fond of those two to be honest, they aren't THAT great, but sure, classics.

Don't have much experience with plain AGA demos as I expressed before. All the ones I can think of need an expanded CPU.

Do any of the RNO demos of late work? Like Ghostown.
Old 01 March 2017, 19:36   #68
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Pouet thumbs up are weird really.
On OCS I would most definitely put up TECHNOLOGICAL DEATH by Mad Elks. It's a damn classic. And having both 9 fingers and State Of The art... dunno... I never been too fond of those two to be honest, they aren't THAT great, but sure, classics.

Don't have much experience with plain AGA demos as I expressed before. All the ones I can think of need an expanded CPU.

Do any of the RNO demos of late work? Like Ghostown.
Yeah true, i'll just keep SOTA and drop 9 fingers as good as it is, i prefer the former, good choice on Technological Death, there's some demos whilst testing i watched all the way through and this was one!

Not sure what you mean about RNO, do you mean any of their demos or the group Ghostown? Not aware of any demo called Ghostown.
Old 01 March 2017, 21:21   #69
Amiga1992

Yeah my point was exactly that: 9 Fingers is good, but State Of The Art is the first one that made jaws be dropped. I feel 9 Fingers never had as much an impact as State Of The art.

And I am sorry about the confusion, I meant the demos made by both RNO and Ghostown.
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=59144 <- This is ECS!
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=54649 <- AGA and might need accel, haven't tried.
Old 01 March 2017, 21:59   #70
Amigajay

Yeah already have Boogietown on the disc, Metropolice needs faster cpu and more ram.

In reply to the previous question, i have 5 Ghostown demos and only 2 or 3 RNO at the minute from a quick look.

Last edited by Amigajay; 01 March 2017 at 23:29.
Old 03 March 2017, 10:21   #71
Amigajay

I've added a poll to help pick a name for the demo collection, please suggest one yourself too!
Old 03 March 2017, 11:28   #72
Higgy

Looking forward to this. The last demo disc looked great on my RGB moddied CD32

My title suggestion - Amigajay's Massive Demo Disc

(no harm in having some credit for your hard work )
Old 03 March 2017, 11:48   #73
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
Looking forward to this. The last demo disc looked great on my RGB moddied CD32

My title suggestion - Amigajay's Massive Demo Disc

(no harm in having some credit for your hard work )
I hope my ego doesn't come across too big lol i know i have the odd made by AJ screen, but i wouldn't name a disc in that way, thanks for the suggestion though!
Old 04 March 2017, 23:39   #74
Amigajay

Hey guys, finished up 0.1b test disc for real CD32 hardware tests, again give us a shout if you want to test certain letters and i'll add your name on the list, as in the first post of things to look out for, cheers!
Old 06 March 2017, 09:25   #75
Higgy

I downloaded 0.1b last night and had a little play Nice work.

I am using a PS2 pad with adaptor. I know the menu is not the correct one, but is it right that you can't go back once you enter a section? (i.e. A)

Because you have to reset the CD32 after a demo has played, I only ask that the new menu be quite quick loading, like the current menu please.

There was nothing more annoying back in the day on a game that when you died it took ages to get back into the game

Is there a letter I can test? The first page does not have names allocated and I tired looking through the thread, but I guessed you might have a better understanding of which letters are left to test.

The pouet list is a good idea. Also is there enough original Commodore tech demos to have a heading? Thinking about it, I for one have never actually run the 'bong ball' demo!

Thanks
Old 06 March 2017, 09:45   #76
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
I downloaded 0.1b last night and had a little play Nice work.

I am using a PS2 pad with adaptor. I know the menu is not the correct one, but is it right that you can't go back once you enter a section? (i.e. A)

Because you have to reset the CD32 after a demo has played, I only ask that the new menu be quite quick loading, like the current menu please.

There was nothing more annoying back in the day on a game that when you died it took ages to get back into the game

Is there a letter I can test? The first page does not have names allocated and I tired looking through the thread, but I guessed you might have a better understanding of which letters are left to test.

The pouet list is a good idea. Also is there enough original Commodore tech demos to have a heading? Thinking about it, I for one have never actually run the 'bong ball' demo!

Thanks
Thanks!

Click on the two '..' at the top to come back out of a folder.

Yeah that's the only annoying thing about having to reset after a demo, not alot i can do about that, still better than a disc like the Demo CD II where you have to load up workbench and use a mouse and hope they load!

The menu is nearly done, its about 50k more than the one you are testing because yeah i didnt want it to take an age to boot up.

No-one is done as yet for testing this new disc, so feel free to ask for a letter and i'll put you down.

I want to get this first release out before adding more demo's, but yeah i want to add the bouncing ball on the next release.
Old 06 March 2017, 11:09   #77
Z3k

I am quite prepared to test W,X,Y,Z with the real hardware.
Old 06 March 2017, 14:43   #78
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3k View Post
I am quite prepared to test W,X,Y,Z with the real hardware.
Ok thanks, have added you on this list.
Old 08 March 2017, 16:46   #79
Higgy

I had to take my little one home from nursery so had some time. Don't worry if they have already been tested but I have done L , O & Q.

I will only mention the ones with issues.

L:

Linus - runs ok but reset to menu at the end, and then other demos dont load (maybe add note in menu text to reset console?)
Love and anarchy - has some pauses it then crashes out later.

O:

Obvious Disaster -ok , but menu has irrelevant text 'Thanks to Frank..'
Odyssey - crashes a few minutes in with 'Illegal exception press left mouse button to enter debugger' - shame never seen this demo and it looks good.
Optimum fuckup - maybe add to menu text 'Part 1 of Confusion trilogy' (npt sure if they ended up releasing others?

Q:

All ok

Last edited by Higgy; 08 March 2017 at 17:11. Reason: Why is my text formatting not working! Fixed using android device.
Old 08 March 2017, 17:23   #80
Amiga1992

Write me down for #, A, B , C, D to start with.