English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 29 December 2015, 00:05   #1
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas
Wink Harmagedon demo mod - Techdust by Hobbes

Guys, the module can be found easily, but for safety I include direct DL link there:
http://6b.cz/KWN
https:///#!mVskDBhK!UQ-ZoHe4gI5mJImT...dKbkHUfzl6Y_lA
Yet there is a problem. It plays like 5x faster (okay, at least 2x faster) that it should in WinAMP. The timing is obviously wrong, compere to the properly recodred demo for the music speed there:

AMIGA-Demo "Infect: Harmagedon"
[ Show youtube player ]

Anyone have any clues, how it can be "get normal" and unploaded on Aminet, where it should not be missing?

Hobbes already got there some modules, such as AbsoluteMuzakI, Loud+Clear and MagicMoments and they all play well in WinAMD (together with countless of others), so... Maybe a little fix/help is in order there?

Last edited by trodas; 09 January 2016 at 01:03. Reason: link does not work to , because of link censoring! fixed by redirector...
Old 29 December 2015, 02:29   #2
Asle

Your dlink doesn't work.
This music must be replayed in VBlank, not CIA. There's nothing to fix.
Old 05 January 2016, 20:18   #3
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas
Link is fixed now, sorry about it... added backup.

But how I can fix such crazy fast speed, so this module can be played in, for example, WinAMP? It is crazy fast, don't tell me, that there is "nothing to fix"
Old 05 January 2016, 21:43   #4
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Asle already said everything, timing MUST be VBlank, if CIA-Timing is used the speed is completely wrong. Check your WinAmp plugin, there hopefully should be a setting somewhere to switch the timing.
Old 09 January 2016, 01:11   #5
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Big grin

Well, there is no such settings, but I fixed it. What helped me was this Photon post at bottom:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=73440
...pointing to this explaination of timings used:
http://coppershade.org/articles/More...otracker_Tempo

So, when I look at the beginning of the Techdust:

...it become clear, that these F values over 20 are the tempo commands (F E7, F E9), so I exchanged them to the default ones, as the article state (F 7D) and the module started immediatelly playing well

Very easy.

The rest I leave untouched (F 0A, 2x F 05), as these are the module speed commands and I did not want to ruin anything.

I would say that things are done and module can be put on Aminet, don't you agree?
Old 09 January 2016, 10:24   #6
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodas View Post
I would say that things are done and module can be put on Aminet, don't you agree?
No! You modified the module which plays perfectly fine in any Amiga tracker to work with PC trackers/players that apparently don't handle CIA tempo commands correctly. I deliberately did not give any advice to change the module as that's not a fix but a mere workaround.

You should keep the module for your own amusement but don't put it on Aminet or any other public site which hosts modules.
Old 10 January 2016, 19:08   #7
Asle

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
No! You modified the module which plays perfectly fine in any Amiga tracker to work with PC trackers/players that apparently don't handle CIA tempo commands correctly. I deliberately did not give any advice to change the module as that's not a fix but a mere workaround.

You should keep the module for your own amusement but don't put it on Aminet or any other public site which hosts modules.
I second that

As a way of proposing a solution, you could use 8BitBubsy rewriting of Protracker 2.3d
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=54323
Once inside, hit CTRL-F12 to switch to VBlank timing. Plays nicely after that.

You could also use Deliplayer, if you untick the CIA timing by default (config->server->players)

I quickly checked OpenMPT, which supports CIA vs VBlank (automatically), however, it doesn't work for this one. As for XMPlay, I still don't understand how this tool works, so ...

Finally, you could see with Blazer's front-end here : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=35976
Maybe there's something useful there too (never used the tool, so I don't know).

Sylvain

PS: and please, DON'T send that to Aminet. Your "fix" is not valid. Set speed with value >= 0x20 is NOT tempo in VBlank. You must do some calculation and it's NOT as simple as you showed. Again, there are tools available to replay this correctly, as intended. Please, used them (or don't spread )

Last edited by Asle; 11 January 2016 at 19:58. Reason: Aminet comment