English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 30 August 2006, 11:12   #1
Amiga-emuman

KCS POWER PC BOARD with A590 XT

Hi. Is anyone familiar enough with the KCS POWER PC BOARD to tell me how to get it to work with an A590 WesternDigital XT Drive?

I can run the software for it found here as well as the original I have (the original software seems to be a previous version). I can boot into DOS with MS DOS system floppy but I cannot seem to get either version to recognise the A590 WesternDigital XT hard drive partition with FDISK.

When I do get the emulator to recognise the HD partition I plan to install MSDOS to it so I can boot the emulator without floppies. I know there are steps involved (which I think I've tried). Just hoping someone is familar enough with this as I've spent a few days on it without luck. Even considered upgrading my HD to SCSI, which might be better supported by the KCS software, though when I bought my XT A590 drives they did have working installations, so I know it can be done. Thanks.
Old 30 August 2006, 12:02   #2
Amiga-emuman

Don't worry - by some miracle I have finally got this problem sorted by trying that software at the link above, selecting A590 (OMTI) from their menu on a different A590 XT drive but of the same specifications. Not sure why it worked now... maybe because I specified a 10mb partition for MSDOS use instead of my previous 2MB. If I find out anything useful I'll post. Sorry for jumping the gun.
Old 30 August 2006, 15:57   #3
nnever2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga-emuman
Don't worry - by some miracle I have finally got this problem sorted by trying that software at the link above, selecting A590 (OMTI) from their menu on a different A590 XT drive but of the same specifications. Not sure why it worked now... maybe because I specified a 10mb partition for MSDOS use instead of my previous 2MB. If I find out anything useful I'll post. Sorry for jumping the gun.
Hey, this post remember me my AT Once 286 emulator! Very fast!