English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 12 January 2020, 13:56   #1
Overflow

Security USB open computers vs Home

So, Ive taken some steps to increase security and privacy of my homecomputer, espescially to avoid using proprietary software. That said, Im quite the novice on this topic, and are just fumbling thru the setup of both my Windows 10 and Linux config. I expect to give up on Windows 10 quite soon tho, but at the moment I keep it around "just in case". I know the 2 offices I frequent due work have people which are even more oblivious than me regarding this topic, and given the attempt to keep my own systems clean/secure, I have some concern regarding transfer of files via USB. Are there programs/procedures to check the state of the USB stick Ive taken from work, where I want to use said files at home...? I guess one method would be to have a "work" desktop, where I let anything malicious run rampant...? Or maybe WM..? No, I dont own a tinfoil hat, and Ive not really had any issues as it is in the past. BUT Ive taken some intrest in the topic, and since "everything" in life seems to be online these days, I figure Id rather gain some good habits sooner than later.

How good are the email providers regarding scanning files? I guess I could transfer files between work and my "secure" homecomputer using Email providers like Protonmail, gmail, hotmail etc?

Last edited by Overflow; 12 January 2020 at 14:28.