English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01 April 2020, 20:47   #1
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
Exclamation Storia Ancestale french & English translations (WIP)

Hi guys, (current Beta9c) 95% finished

French 100%
Italian 100%
English beta 75% to correct by english people

hi,
attached beta version
already translated
- Full Chapter 1 (with texts bank for IT/FR/UK) =>FR/UK verifyed (pass 2)
- Full Chapter 2 (with texts bank for IT/FR/UK)=>FR/UK verifyed (pass2)/
- Full Chapter 3 : (with texts bank for IT/FR/UK)=>FR verifyed (pass 1)/ UK to verify, and correct by native english people
- Full Chapter 4 : (with texts bank for IT/FR/UK)=>FR verifyed (pass 1)/ UK to verify, and correct by native english people
- intro x4 (with texts bank for IT/FR/UK) =>FR/UK verifyed (pass 4)
- win sequence X4 (with texts bank for IT/FR/UK) =>FR verifyed (pass 1)/ UK to verify, and correct by native english people
- Arcade game x7 done
- all italian TXT extracted in external BNK files
- WHDload slave & installer done

To do
- verify english translation by native people

I would need help re-reading the English translation.

It takes about twenty minutes to do each episode

is a person fluent in English from birth to try the translation.

for errors please give me:
- the original sentence (for a quick search in the code)
- a correction proposal

thank you in advance
Best regards,
@+
Bertrand
Attached Files
File Type: lha SA_BNK_beta9b.lha (438.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: lha SA_src-beta9b.lha (99.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: lha StoriaAncestrale.lha (747.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: lha SA_WHD-beta9b.lha (3.00 MB, 18 views)
File Type: lha SA_src-beta9c.lha (545.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by CFOU!; 07 May 2020 at 13:17.
CFOU! is offline  
Old 01 April 2020, 21:22   #2
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
idem with missing intro

Last edited by CFOU!; 07 April 2020 at 17:28.
CFOU! is offline  
Old 02 April 2020, 02:16   #3
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,296
I'm seeing an illegible text issue:



Plus, the last line is duplicated? In game, text seems legible.
BarryB is offline  
Old 02 April 2020, 11:44   #4
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
Thanks.
I will verify.
CFOU! is offline  
Old 02 April 2020, 12:30   #5
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
Fixed Line too long
CFOU! is offline  
Old 02 April 2020, 14:31   #6
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,296
This is in WinUAE with an A1200/HD/128mb config with RTG enabled!

I tried in a WB1.3 HD config with KS2.04 and this works perfectly well, text is clear:
BarryB is offline  
Old 02 April 2020, 18:23   #7
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
Hi,
now i use external bank files for intro.

attached source code of IT/FR/UK bank

banks can be crunched with RNC method 1

best regards

Last edited by CFOU!; 07 April 2020 at 17:28.
CFOU! is offline  
Old 02 April 2020, 18:30   #8
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
This is in WinUAE with an A1200/HD/128mb config with RTG enabled!

I tried in a WB1.3 HD config with KS2.04 and this works perfectly well, text is clear:
no problem with RTG here it's purhaps another problem with configuraiton (JIT mode in game?)
CFOU! is offline  
Old 02 April 2020, 19:47   #9
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,296
All my testing is in WinUAE, so WB 1.3 is the one i'm using as everything is OK in that config!

Here's a tidied up UK text, lets' see what other English speakers think:

§
Daylight quickly gave way to the darkness of evening and for the third
time in a week, Richard would arrive home late. This simple thought gave
him wings and the boy began to run in the green clearing. Suddenly,
almost without realizing it, he found himself on the ground with his
foot stuck in a hole. He started squirming, trying to free himself but
the more he moved the more the hole widened until suddenly, he was
sucked down into the dark. It was like a nightmare he couldn't awaken from.
An unknown force pulled him down and every effort to resist only made
the situation worse. And there he was, floating in the void until he landed
with a thud! The pain was such that he lost consciousness and when he
opened his eyes he found himself in a forest and saw an old man, staring
at him, Silent...

§
"Who are you?" Asked Richard. "Why am I here?".
"I am Golam, Guardian of the Life Force. You, Richard, have been sent
to help me. The Demon is destroying my world and right now is winning
the battle and exhausting my forces. The Demon has taken possession of
six of the seven gems that surround the Life Force. Deprived of their
power, the six Guardians have been captured. Now only my gem is
left, but I am very weak." said Golam, showing him a small purple gem.
"Your job is to find the six missing gems and bring them back
to the Tree of Life. Then you will have to defeat the Demon."
"But why me?" Richard stuttered. "Because you are the Chosen One. The
prophecy says that the demon will be defeated by a stranger who sees
two lights." "But I don't see two lights." said Richard.
"The gray eye sees the dark side of life, the green eye sees kindness.
You alone can restore balance." said Golam.

§
Everyone had always laughed at Richard for the different colour of his eyes,
but the boy had never cared. Until now! "Look, I just want to go home."
The old man gave him a penetrating look: "You can't go back, you only
have a few days and my spirit will always be with you."
After these words, Golam disappeared ...

§
BarryB is offline  
Old 03 April 2020, 02:35   #10
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
All my testing is in WinUAE, so WB 1.3 is the one i'm using as everything is OK in that config!

Here's a tidied up UK text, lets' see what other English speakers think:

§
Daylight quickly gave way to the darkness of evening and for the third
time in a week, Richard would arrive home late. This simple thought gave
him wings and the boy began to run in the green clearing. Suddenly,
almost without realizing it, he found himself on the ground with his
foot stuck in a hole. He started squirming, trying to free himself but
the more he moved the more the hole widened until suddenly, he was
sucked down into the dark. It was like a nightmare he couldn't awaken from.
An unknown force pulled him down and every effort to resist only made
the situation worse. And there he was, floating in the void until he landed
with a thud! The pain was such that he lost consciousness and when he
opened his eyes he found himself in a forest and saw an old man, staring
at him, Silent...

§
"Who are you?" Asked Richard. "Why am I here?".
"I am Golam, Guardian of the Life Force. You, Richard, have been sent
to help me. The Demon is destroying my world and right now is winning
the battle and exhausting my forces. The Demon has taken possession of
six of the seven gems that surround the Life Force. Deprived of their
power, the six Guardians have been captured. Now only my gem is
left, but I am very weak." said Golam, showing him a small purple gem.
"Your job is to find the six missing gems and bring them back
to the Tree of Life. Then you will have to defeat the Demon."
"But why me?" Richard stuttered. "Because you are the Chosen One. The
prophecy says that the demon will be defeated by a stranger who sees
two lights." "But I don't see two lights." said Richard.
"The gray eye sees the dark side of life, the green eye sees kindness.
You alone can restore balance." said Golam.

§
Everyone had always laughed at Richard for the different colour of his eyes,
but the boy had never cared. Until now! "Look, I just want to go home."
The old man gave him a penetrating look: "You can't go back, you only
have a few days and my spirit will always be with you."
After these words, Golam disappeared ...

§
thanks

can you modify directly source code of English intro bank?
here:
https://eab.abime.net/attachment.php...6&d=1585844492
(it will save me from making a copy error; I am French and do not master English!)

For information, i completly rework Chapter 1 code to use external TXT bank for translation too.

20% of the 3 banks are done, i will be more easy to fix quick bad google translation
CFOU! is offline  
Old 03 April 2020, 11:54   #11
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,296
In The Zone!
BarryB is offline  
Old 03 April 2020, 20:19   #12
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
In The Zone!
great i will test

thanks
CFOU! is offline  
Old 03 April 2020, 20:53   #13
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
Attached fixed an compiled new text bank for FR/UK

sound bank for 4 win section and chapter 1 for correction. (60% bank of chapter 1 done)

Last edited by CFOU!; 07 April 2020 at 17:28.
CFOU! is offline  
Old 03 April 2020, 21:37   #14
manossg
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Greece
Posts: 220
What an exciting project, pity I cannot help!

Thanks in advance, guys, looking forward to that!
manossg is online now  
Old 03 April 2020, 22:03   #15
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,296
Text looks OK, i'm sure we can tidy it up a bit more regards line length.

In the game itself, some text needs altering so where is the ingame text stored and i'll look at that! Is it possible to use 'double click' to exit the screens quicker when the arrow pointer is on an exit, it feels like a 'walking' simulator so far

Figured out how to 'pick up' stuff, walk your character to the object then 'right click' and hold the button down then 'left click' to pick stuff up! However, when I try to 'use' something from my inventory I get a blank dialogue box appear?

Last edited by BarryB; 03 April 2020 at 22:25.
BarryB is offline  
Old 04 April 2020, 00:30   #16
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
>when I try to 'use' something from my inventory I get a blank dialogue
it's bug of the game ==>i'll try to fix it (message displayed only one time)

but chapter 1 can be fonoshed without problem in french and english

tomorrow i will post source code of english bank of chapter 1 for verification (80% finished)

but warning for intro text you have use some too longer sentence, so i have modifyed it.

I already test chapter 1 with current bad english translation but all test length are good.

so warning to the maximum length of each sentence when you will modify another texts
CFOU! is offline  
Old 04 April 2020, 10:23   #17
demoniac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -
Posts: 1,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
All my testing is in WinUAE, so WB 1.3 is the one i'm using as everything is OK in that config!

Here's a tidied up UK text, lets' see what other English speakers think:

Here's my edit on it...


Code:
§
Daylight quickly gave way to the darkness of evening. For the third
time in a week, Richard would arrive home late. This simple thought gave
him wings and the boy began to run in the green clearing. Suddenly,
almost without realizing it, he found himself on the ground with his
foot stuck in a hole. He started squirming, trying to free himself. But
the more he moved, the more the hole widened. Suddenly he was
sucked down into the dark. It was like a nightmare he couldn't awaken from.
An unknown force pulled him down and every effort to resist only made
the situation worse. And there he was, floating in the void until he landed
with a thud! The pain was such that he lost consciousness. When he
opened his eyes he found himself in a forest and saw an old man, staring
at him, silent...

§
"Who are you?" asked Richard. "Why am I here?"
"I am Golam, Guardian of the Life Force. You, Richard, have been sent
to help me. The Demon is destroying my world and right now is winning
the battle, exhausting my forces. The Demon has taken possession of
six of the seven gems that surround the Life Force. Deprived of their
power, the six Guardians have been captured. Now only my gem is
left, but I am very weak," said Golam, showing him a small purple gem.
"Your job is to find the six missing gems and bring them back
to the Tree of Life. Then you will have to defeat the Demon."
"But why me?" Richard stuttered. "Because you are the Chosen One. The
prophecy says that the demon will be defeated by a stranger who sees
two lights." "But I don't see two lights," said Richard.
"The gray eye sees the dark side of life, the green eye sees kindness.
You alone can restore balance," said Golam.

§
Everyone had always laughed at Richard for the different colour of his eyes,
but the boy had never cared -- until now! "Look, I just want to go home."
The old man gave him a penetrating look: "You can't go back, you only
have a few days and my spirit will always be with you."
After these words, Golam disappeared...

§

While I could modify the SA_INTRO_UK_TXT directly, I'll wait to hear back.
demoniac is offline  
Old 04 April 2020, 14:25   #18
BarryB
Amigaholic

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,296
@demoniac: Would be better if you put your edits in bold to make it easier to see what you've changed. I'm trying to stick as close to the layout of the original as possible, so where a sentence starts/ends, so does the translation! The bit that says: "the boy had never cared -- until now!" could be written: "the boy had never cared... until now!".

@CFOU!: Yes, I thought some lines might be too long that's why I said it could be tidied up!
BarryB is offline  
Old 05 April 2020, 00:08   #19
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
@CFOU!: Yes, I thought some lines might be too long that's why I said it could be tidied up!
it will be necessary to be more careful with the bankk of the game, because it is necessary to test to see the error if the text is too long (in general persistent graphic bug in the interphace)
CFOU! is offline  
Old 05 April 2020, 00:14   #20
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 47
Posts: 2,803
here are all the texts of chapter 1 have been outsourced to a bank (the victory sequence remains (tomorrow))

I have corrected the problem of displaying certain texts when reloading and / or using the option.

In fact, the problem was happening because I don't have the same version of the E compiler as the game programmer.
the game coder must have used a compiler bug when erasing the strings (not erased in memory) while the new compiler actually erases them so some text could only be displayed once.

Normaly I have corrected them all but if you find others please let me know.

Can you read again the source of the English txt bank for episode 1?

Last edited by CFOU!; 07 April 2020 at 17:28.
CFOU! is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ballistic Diplomacy (French & English translation) Aladin support.Games 9 21 June 2019 19:20
Nippon Safes Inc. Amiga Fix & Patch (French) dlfrsilver News 17 19 January 2018 00:40
German to English translations gulliver support.Other 0 20 January 2010 02:39
French and some English manuals Fred the Fop Amiga websites reviews 4 23 May 2006 20:28
REQ: Rody & Mastico (FRENCH) andreas request.Old Rare Games 8 16 December 2002 01:11

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09242 seconds with 16 queries