English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 25 August 2022, 01:49   #1
ImmortalA1000

Looking for some KS/WB 1.x tools I had

Hey there

I am sort of done playing Amiga games for now until I get a GOTEK drive sorted out to make some new game disks for my A1000 so I wanted to start doing some creative stuff.

One thing I did have on my Amiga was some Workbench 1.x apps/utils I collected over the years.

One of them I think was called Dropshadow, which draws a base relief rectangular shadow (variable transparency) offset (by variable no. pixels X-Y) under each open Window.

Another one allowed you to load a 16 colour picture as a desktop background I think, or improved any existing way of doing it.

There was a workbench hack that allowed you to define a copperlist to run while Workbench ran (this would be awesome to have given I can create PCHG/Dynamic Hires images with Ham Convert utility to make some astonishing desktop backgrounds using 12 colour PCHG images). May be a bit weird with Dropshadow this one.

Finally there was a task manager which you could run that would show bits of info in a scrollable window of all current processes/tasks and possibly change some things but definitely kill tasks, a bit like modern Windows has. I remember using this to test if Decigel worked with my 68010 non-upgrade I did back in the 90s.

Does anybody know where I could find these utils/apps/hacks?

Would like to try and recreate my working environment from back then now that I have my 2.5mb A1000 on permanently set up. Would be interesting to compare my 1985 tech with the Pentium MS Windows 95 bullshit idiots kept buying AND loving in the 1990s lol
Old 25 August 2022, 07:53   #2
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
One of them I think was called Dropshadow, which draws a base relief rectangular shadow (variable transparency) offset (by variable no. pixels X-Y) under each open Window.
DropShadow on Fish 59

Quote:
Another one allowed you to load a 16 colour picture as a desktop background I think, or improved any existing way of doing it.
SimGen on Fish 243

Quote:
There was a workbench hack that allowed you to define a copperlist to run while Workbench ran (this would be awesome to have given I can create PCHG/Dynamic Hires images with Ham Convert utility to make some astonishing desktop backgrounds using 12 colour PCHG images). May be a bit weird with Dropshadow this one.
Many CLI packs had some kind of copper bar utility. Some had hard coded colours, some allowed you to specify colours with numbers on the command line.

For example UGA NewsFlash 12 a has a stripes command that takes arguments.

It may not be the one you're looking for? I haven't come across a 1.3 copperlist tool that is more granular than this.
Old 26 August 2022, 06:02   #3
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
DropShadow on Fish 59

SimGen on Fish 243

Many CLI packs had some kind of copper bar utility. Some had hard coded colours, some allowed you to specify colours with numbers on the command line.

For example UGA NewsFlash 12 a has a stripes command that takes arguments.

It may not be the one you're looking for? I haven't come across a 1.3 copperlist tool that is more granular than this.
Thanks, I will look them up and get something ready with WinUAE for when I get a GOTEK sorted out.

You can still make nice pictures with 16 colours using modern tools today.