English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 16 August 2009, 23:49   #1
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Arrow UAE4All - Pandora

Hello all, just throwing something out there in general, but is there anyone here that knows a lot about dynamic recompilers for 680x0 processors? Basically there is a little open based UMPC/Gaming device coming out soon (in about Two Months™) that currently a few (well, one and a bit) people are working on porting UAE4All to (with bits of eUAE and WinUAE) but they are struggling with writing 680x0 dynarec cores for the ARM processor (a 000 exists but isn't excellent, no 020 exists).

Is there anyone here that could help with this? (it would also help the Wiz and other ARM based handhelds which helps everyone). Just thought I'd ask as this is a rather extensive group of Amiga users and some with some serious coding knowledge.

Reference:
GP32X Thread
Pandora Spec
Pandora Official Site
Old 17 August 2009, 09:02   #2
john4p
Local Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enverex View Post
a 000 exists but isn't excellent
Not excellent? I've only heard praise about Cyclone.

And since 99% of all worthwhile Amiga-games are OCS-titles (or have OCS and AGA versions (with the OCS-version sometimes being superior to its AGA-counterpart like e.g. "The Chaos Engine")) a fullspeed ultra-portable Amiga 500 is more than satisfying.

Fast emulation of 68020+ would still be awesome of course.
Old 17 August 2009, 10:30   #3
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post
Not excellent? I've only heard praise about Cyclone.

And since 99% of all worthwhile Amiga-games are OCS-titles (or have OCS and AGA versions (with the OCS-version sometimes being superior to its AGA-counterpart like e.g. "The Chaos Engine")) a fullspeed ultra-portable Amiga 500 is more than satisfying.

Fast emulation of 68020+ would still be awesome of course.
Apparently there are issues with timing and such on the 000 at the moment, not entirely sure of the specifics though. The 020 is important to get WHDLoad working from a Workbench HD install which would make life easier in general.