English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 21 August 2006, 22:06   #1
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Hunter speedup? Update slave to use Fast RAM?

Hunter is a great game, but it would be even better if it was just a bit faster. I noticed that lots of games are much faster after the slaves were updated to use Fast RAM where possible instead of Chip. I was wondering if somebody could look at the slave for Hunter and see if it could be speeded up in any way. (Note: caches must be disabled for this game)

This isn't an "urgent request" or anything and I won't die if nobody wants to look into it. I know there are lots of games needing "WHDification". I just wanted to mention it so it might be added to the "to do" list.

The original slave was done by Harry and I think he stopped Amiga programming years ago (hasn't replied to my questions on WHDload.de for any of his slaves for years).

(posted here instead of prb.games because I'm specifically looking for a WHDload slave update and this is technically not a "problem")
Old 26 August 2006, 18:43   #2
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_a500
Hunter is a great game, but it would be even better if it was just a bit faster. I noticed that lots of games are much faster after the slaves were updated to use Fast RAM where possible instead of Chip. I was wondering if somebody could look at the slave for Hunter and see if it could be speeded up in any way. (Note: caches must be disabled for this game)

This isn't an "urgent request" or anything and I won't die if nobody wants to look into it. I know there are lots of games needing "WHDification". I just wanted to mention it so it might be added to the "to do" list.

The original slave was done by Harry and I think he stopped Amiga programming years ago (hasn't replied to my questions on WHDload.de for any of his slaves for years).

(posted here instead of prb.games because I'm specifically looking for a WHDload slave update and this is technically not a "problem")
I've got Harry's sources. This is interesting enough, I may have a look at it.
Old 26 August 2006, 19:38   #3
BippyM
Global Moderator

And optimise it to run with 030/040/060 with "some" speedup too
Old 26 August 2006, 23:15   #4
Ultron
Something

That'd be sweet. Man. Dude. Sweet. Like. Totally.

How about Elite II Or is it already done, and i'm a jackass for not knowing it?
Old 27 August 2006, 18:42   #5
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Hey that's great jotd!
Old 23 January 2017, 11:20   #6
torturedutopian

Any news about this ? :-)
I don't recall it being so slow on my A600 back in the days...
Old 23 January 2017, 11:37   #7
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedutopian View Post
Any news about this ? :-)
Calm down - it's only been 10 years since last update.