English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 12 September 2016, 03:00   #1
Pheonix

Minor visual tweaks

Just a couple of minor visual tweaks I'd love to see in WinUAE

1) A way to set OSD to only come up in Full Screen mode. In window mode the OSD isn't necessary as all the information is in the status bar. But, I like having that information available most of the time.

2) Segregating Windowed & Full Screen mode in Filters would also be nice. Windows likes to do funny things when you open displays with different settings than its Desktop. So I set Full Screen mode to match (1366 x 768 x 32.) In Filters, I set Aspect Ratio Correction to 16:9 to keep Workbench from then stretching out horizontally (it looks weird.) This forces me to either be constantly changing Aspect Correction, or to set my window size to the same Aspect Ratio. Would be nice if I could set Window mode differently from Full Screen mode.

3) A final feature I'd sort of like. The ability to have the OSD placed differently. So, instead of across the bottom, maybe down the left or right side (which is just empty space on my monitor anyways.) I either have to set my filter to place a gap at the bottom of the screen, or the overlay can actually occlude part of the display (when working with overscan or RTG screens.)

None of these are earth shaking or game breaking. Just minor little visual effects that I though would be nice to have. I'd much rather you spent most of your time working on getting everything else working perfectly, but maybe when you need to take a step back & work on something less important for a bit, you can look at these
Old 12 September 2016, 15:14   #2
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
1) A way to set OSD to only come up in Full Screen mode. In window mode the OSD isn't necessary as all the information is in the status bar. But, I like having that information available most of the time.
"Settings" --> "Host" --> "Miscellaneous" and then tick either "Native on-screen display" or "RTG on-screen display" (depending on what you use)
Old 12 September 2016, 21:15   #3
Pheonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
"Settings" --> "Host" --> "Miscellaneous" and then tick either "Native on-screen display" or "RTG on-screen display" (depending on what you use)
That doesn't differentiate between Windowed & Full screen mode. Just between Amiga Native & RTG mode. Both of which can be either Windowed or Full Screen.
Old 12 September 2016, 21:40   #4
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
That doesn't differentiate between Windowed & Full screen mode. Just between Amiga Native & RTG mode. Both of which can be either Windowed or Full Screen.
No, it would add the LEDs to both "Windowed" and "Full Screen".

Yes in "Windows" mode you see these LEDs plus what's also in the bar... I only run in "Full Screen" mode though (unless I want to check horizontal / vertical centring before saving my config) so not an issue as I can see what you've asked for
Old 13 September 2016, 08:57   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

There would no end to option requests if fullscreen/windowed separation is done, what about full-window? It is neither and both. What about different resolutions? It would never end..

It needs different (and better) solution. Perhaps via lua scripting (if it ever gets properly implemented..)

OSD position has hidden unofficial config line entries. (osd_position=something, I think it was listed in some changelog entry)
Old 13 September 2016, 09:43   #6
Pheonix

Sounds fair How about just a remove redundancy option. So, if you have a status bar the OSD won't show (or vice-versa I guess.)

I have to retract request 2, as I stupidly missed the "automatic" option I have since set it and haven't had a problem where that's concerned.

As for OSD position, nice being able to re-locate it. But I actually had switching it to a vertical position on the left or right side to keep it off the main Workbench area. A rotation in 90% increments for someone who might be more picky (just a single 90% would suffice for me.) Making it top/bottom instead of left/right. Someone else might want to reverse the positions or have it bottom/top instead.