English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 27 July 2001, 02:13   #1
TikTok

Superhero (Psygnosis)

Hi,

I'm not sure if this game was ever even released. I played a demo of it on a coverdisk that came with The One way back in 1993 (I think).

It was a side scrolling beat'em up and apparently the final version would allow you to design your own superhero (!?) and such like. You can see a little shot of it in the scan i have attached. Must be fairly rare if it was released, although I suspect it wasn't. Anyone heard of it or have an adf?

TIA.

<Ian>
Removed disk scan.
</Ian>

Last edited by Ian; 12 October 2001 at 00:45.
Old 27 July 2001, 02:27   #2
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

The game on top of Superheros, Universal Monsters, is one of my all time fave "put mind away" games
The other one i will research...
Old 27 July 2001, 02:34   #3
TikTok

Thanks

I actually thought Universal Monsters was another non-release, since I never saw it in the shops or ever saw any reviews of it - but today I downloaded what appears to be the full version (apparently not cracked either), so I shall be trying it out later to see what I think
Old 27 July 2001, 03:26   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Universal Monsters got some reviews. I even typed up one of them and posted it somewhere here on this forum, if you care to hunt it down.

Superhero, however, was never completed nor released, along with some other Psygnosis projects.
Old 27 July 2001, 06:53   #5
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Superhero

Yeah, twistin is right, I don't think it was released either. Psygnosis games tended to turn up pretty fast round where I am and I never saw a copy of it. Mind you i never did get around to seeing that demo. Could someone upload it please? Ta!
Old 27 July 2001, 19:14   #6
TikTok

Thanks for the info on Superhero guys.

Warlock: The demo can be found from the Nth Dimension coverdisk site (http://nthdimension.emuunlim.com). The file is: http://nthdimension.emuunlim.com/1-0293b.adz

If for any reason you can't download it, I will upload it to the ADFZone later; it's just that I'm only on a 56K connection at the mo

fredtgreat: I'm just checking out Universal Monsters before I upload it...although there is no crack-tro or such like, the game is only one disk so I am a little suspicious that it may just be a demo and not an original
Old 28 July 2001, 18:59   #7
Bernd

A final version of Universal Monsters was NEVER released. In 1993 there was a Ocean press release in which
you can read that they did not release it because the game did not reach a special level of quality. (the game is really quite poor) The version you have is a demo.
Also I think there is a modified version from some crackers but this is no final game too.
Old 29 July 2001, 14:26   #8
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I seem to remember getting the Superhero demo to work, but as I recall it was just terrible. As bad, or worse than anything from Psygnosis (and that's saying a LOT!) Maybe I am confusing it with something else, but I think it was this coverdisk (which I also have an original of...)

Is the "Universal Monsters" loader not anywhere on the net like on Bored Seal's site or anything? OK, I just went and looked myself and you are right. It's not on his site nor anyhwere else I could find. I know that BS is looking for an original image of the game, but I guess that won't happen, huh?
Old 29 July 2001, 20:24   #9
Amiga1992

I just have this disk that will prolly be the same as everyone else's ... to me it doesnt look demo, but Bernd's word made me doubt about its origin.

I had the Superhero demo coverdisk and it worked perfectly on my 600.