English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 29 December 2022, 12:58   #1
hceline

CubicIDE works on Amiga OS 3.2.1

Just wanted to post this info, since the Cubic IDE Demo installer fails on most if not all versions newer than Amiga OS 3.9. It says it has installed successfully but leaves a non working installation with missing icons (I have sent a e-mail tho the author, apprising him of the situation).

I just bought Cubic IDE. I have not done a extensive test, but I can report that the Full-version installer does indeed work on Amiga OS 3.2.1. At-least as long as reqtools.library is present in LIBS:. It might fail to detect a situation where the reqtools.library is missing. The Demo-installer did not detect it before trying to install a second time after reboot to try to fix the broken install. But as long as reqtools.library is in place the install of Full-version works perfectly and I have not seen any errors yet.
The caveat is that I have not really had time to "really use it" yet. But I've previously tested a demo version install that was installed on Amiga OS 3.9 and then moved to a identical WinUAE config only with Amiga OS 3.2.1.
I will post a update here if I find any incompatibilities.

-Hagbard Celine
Old 29 December 2022, 22:49   #2
hceline

On the subject of reqtools.library, I must add one must use the back-ported AROS version (http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/ReqToolsLib) with Cubic IDE in Amiga OS 3.2.1. The original version 38.1436 throws muForce hits when used in this setup (Strangely they only show up if disassembler.library is installed).

Edit: I checked, and the AROS Back-port version is included in both full and demo version distribution of Cubic IDE. But I had v38.1436 installed already, and it did not get upgraded by the Cubic IDE installer.

Last edited by hceline; 29 December 2022 at 23:03.
Old 06 November 2023, 16:47   #3
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

Hello,
does anybody knows how to add breakpoints for the StormC 4 debugger in GoldEd 8 integrated in Cubic IDE??
I have an Idea that should be there a vertical bar in the left side of the editor where the breakpoints could be added but couldnĀ“t find the way to make it appear

Already found: In GoldEd menu View, the Breakpoints? must be active

Last edited by AlfaRomeo; 07 November 2023 at 11:02.