English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 15 January 2005, 02:39   #1
icreadence

Double Harddrives mounted

Now with version .9.92 I get all of my hard drives mounted twice. If I hit F12 I see the list of drives doubled as well. All of my drives are NTFS directory mounts. This did not happen in .9.91, but it did happen in some previous version. It only seems to happen when selecting the NOGUI option. I have copied my config and changed only to NOGUI, but still got the problem, so it is not a flaw in the config file.

Also is there way to disable the native Amiga screen (blank) the pops up durring boot. I use full screen and it causes my monitor to go blank and re-sync twice.

Thanks

Old 15 January 2005, 10:40   #2
thomas

This happens when you have enabled "add pc drives at startup" and save the config after pressing F12. Now all your drives are static in the config file and when you run WinUAE again, they are also added dynamically by the "add pc drives" option.

So to change the saved config you always have to run WinUAE, load the config, make sure only the wanted drives are in the HDD list, then save the config. Never save the config when the emulation is already running. Or remove the PC drives from the HDD list before saving.

AFAIK this was with all versions yet, it never changed.
Old 15 January 2005, 21:53   #3
icreadence

Thats not quite what is happening. I did not edit this while in emulation (or at least save it) I copied a known working config (using Windoze file copy, when nothing is running) and still had the problem (after checking NOGUI on the new file, and restarting WinUAE).

I have drives like "E:\Amiga\System" ==> DH0: showing up twice.

I map only the PC drives I want to see manualy. I do not have the "add pc drives at startup" checked at all.

Also: This started happening after upgrading with no changes to the config files.

Thanks for the reply

Old 20 January 2005, 05:46   #4
icreadence

The problem has even occured with the GUI (at least once).
NOTE all of the drives flash and refresh every 5 seconds

Old 08 February 2005, 00:42   #5
icreadence

Update:
Happens on Win2K and WinXP.
I think I will have to degrade 9.91 for the no gui option. I like the system to start-up right away and I always run the same "platform" so I realy want the No-GUI option to work.
I also cannto stand my workbench re-freshing the drives every 5 seconds or so. It does not seem to effect tasks, but it makes it hard to find anything that is not "snapshot"ed to the workbench.
Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

Old 21 April 2005, 19:28   #6
icreadence

Lightbulb Double Harddrives mounted (double configs loaded :^)

After doing this for a while I had a . I did a file compare on .91 and .92 config files. It made me think about mount order. So to experiment with this I opened my config in a text editor and played. I eventualy removed some drive and lo and behold it still mounted (But only one copy!!!) So I eliminated all config files in the config direcotry until I got only one copy.
Drum roll......
It was default.uae. I was using the -config flag on the command line and it would load the default in addition to my config. Because of this it would load all of the drives 2x. This does not always happen so I guess this is some sort of weird timing issue on how fast things start-up and the configuration handler.
I had a hard time finding this as my GUI startup WAS default.uae, so it seemed to be a no-gui issue.
Now that this is isolated: developers/users take note. Don't use/have default.uae (unless that's all you use)