English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 28 September 2007, 07:33   #41
GF_Workman

Hi,

Yes, this is my first Amiga so I'm pretty green. Anyway, I have been attempting to move an ADF from a PC to an Amiga 500. The comp has 1M RAM, only one floppy drive, no hard drive. I'm not trying to split it (probably not necessary for this ADF) or unpack it yet.

I've been following instructions that appear to match what is in this thread, from:
http://adfsender.stoeggl.com/adfsend...l/methods.html
and
http://adfsender.stoeggl.com/adfsend...nal/readme.txt

I made a copy of my Workbench 1.3 disk and it appears I sent transdisk over to it from the PC. When I change to the "c" directory on the Workbench copy, I do see a file: "transdisk" I don't know the significance of having it in that particular directory, but I suspect it is there because in the command:
copy ram:transdisk to df0:c
I'm thinking that if "df0" signifies my internal floppy, then the ":c" must have told it to drop it into that directory.

Anyway, when I follow the instructions to fire up transdisk to receive a file, I get the following response/error:
"unable to load transdisk: file is not an object module"

I've not been able to find anything on this error. Any idea where I made a wrong turn (probably Albuquerque)?

Thanks so much,
George

AdSense AdSense  
Old 28 September 2007, 11:46   #42
Jope
-

The transdisk exe is broken. Check your serial port settings, and reread the instructions for sending it and try to move it over again.

The significance of having it in sys:c is that then it is in the path.
Old 28 September 2007, 13:00   #43
Andec

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Workman View Post
Hi,

Yes, this is my first Amiga so I'm pretty green. Anyway, I have been attempting to move an ADF from a PC to an Amiga 500. The comp has 1M RAM, only one floppy drive, no hard drive. I'm not trying to split it (probably not necessary for this ADF) or unpack it yet.

I've been following instructions that appear to match what is in this thread, from:
http://adfsender.stoeggl.com/adfsend...l/methods.html
and
http://adfsender.stoeggl.com/adfsend...nal/readme.txt

I made a copy of my Workbench 1.3 disk and it appears I sent transdisk over to it from the PC. When I change to the "c" directory on the Workbench copy, I do see a file: "transdisk" I don't know the significance of having it in that particular directory, but I suspect it is there because in the command:
copy ram:transdisk to df0:c
I'm thinking that if "df0" signifies my internal floppy, then the ":c" must have told it to drop it into that directory.

Anyway, when I follow the instructions to fire up transdisk to receive a file, I get the following response/error:
"unable to load transdisk: file is not an object module"

I've not been able to find anything on this error. Any idea where I made a wrong turn (probably Albuquerque)?

Thanks so much,
George
I had the same problem the first time I tried it. Try lowering the serial port speed. Anything over 9200 fails on my miggy.

Cheers
Andec
Old 30 September 2007, 05:34   #44
GF_Workman

Thanks - lowering the port speed on the PC didn't do the trick at first, but once I made the Amiga match the same speed, viola - success.

Thanks very much!
George

Old 30 September 2007, 10:19   #45
Andec

Glad to here it worked......

Cheers
Andec
AdSense AdSense