English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 27 May 2020, 10:55   #1
Washac

Question Cannot Download

Trying to download from the FTP and keep getting this message, I can login OK.

Login failed. 530 Sorry, your account is restricted to 2 simultaneous logins. Please
contact your web hosting service provider for assistance.

I keep getting this from time to time and have to wait a while before the download works.

Thanks.

Last edited by Washac; 27 May 2020 at 11:15.
Old 27 May 2020, 19:54   #2
sneeker

Just register for the FTP as you have enough posts then you have your own login.
Gets rid of the 2 connection limit and removes the speedlimit.

https://grandis.nu/eabadduser/
Old 27 May 2020, 20:23   #3
Washac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeker View Post
Just register for the FTP as you have enough posts then you have your own login.
Gets rid of the 2 connection limit and removes the speedlimit.

https://grandis.nu/eabadduser/
I am registered as far as I know.
Old 27 May 2020, 20:31   #4
sneeker

Are you using your own login? because the 2 logins limit looks like your logging in as the user ftp?
Old 27 May 2020, 20:37   #5
Washac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeker View Post
Are you using your own login? because the 2 logins limit looks like your logging in as the user ftp?
Yup, I have a username and password.
Old 27 May 2020, 22:29   #6
Ian
Global Moderator

what are you using to access the FTP?
Old 27 May 2020, 22:33   #7
Hercules
Vodka monster.

If using WinSCP then choose 'Download' and not 'Download in background". This solution worked for me. I assume that because of too many simultaneous downloads which results in timeouts, etc.
Old 27 May 2020, 22:41   #8
Washac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
what are you using to access the FTP?
I am on a Mac and use Cyberduck.
Old 27 May 2020, 22:42   #9
Washac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
If using WinSCP then choose 'Download' and not 'Download in background". This solution worked for me. I assume that because of too many simultaneous downloads which results in timeouts, etc.
Thanks but I use a Mac and always forget to mention that in my having problems posts.
Old 03 June 2020, 19:32   #10
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Is there an issue with the server as I can not login.
Old 03 June 2020, 19:35   #11
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

It's offline until further notice
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=2484
Old 03 June 2020, 19:37   #12
BippyM
Global Moderator

FTP is offline for a while. If you need anything then please request in the appropriate sub-forums
Old 06 June 2020, 11:41   #13
mai

It seems to be hard in these days to reply to a post because one after another thread is closed, just because members have different opinion then a GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

So let me get this straight... you whinge / moan about checking your own files but you somehow have the time to go through the complete file listing looking at other member's folders in order to try to publically get them in trouble?
As always you have your own true/point of view!
I have clearly told you, that you can delete content of my folder!
What is that bad to check the uploaded filelist, I just have scanned for the word "kickstart" for a overview!
Then it came to my attention that a GM still had such forbidden files in his folder (before cleanup a few days ago), i even did not publically told his name.
You are trying to tell, if a member has uploaded forbidden kickstart disk it is the worst, but if a GM has done
it is not so bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
This listing was before the cleanup you fool!!!
Such insults(all over the place in EAB) are unworthy for a GM, thats abuse of power.
Old 06 June 2020, 11:45   #14
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Then it came to my attention that a GM still had such forbidden files in his folder (before cleanup a few days ago), i even did not publically told his name.
You are trying to tell, if a member has uploaded forbidden kickstart disk it is the worst, but if a GM has done
it is not so bad.
Where exactly have I said that it's ok for anyone to upload Workbench disks, Kickstart ROMs & software or music files still supported/for sale???

I am sick to death of you trying to rubbish EAB / GMods / Mods...

There are many examples across numerous threads; all of these have been noted!!!

For now, as you seem to want to continue on this crusade, despite being warned multiple times... you've earnt yourself a 2 week ban.

Discussion between RCK / other GMods is in progress and we'll decide whether or not it will be permanent based on your actions.

Last edited by DamienD; 06 June 2020 at 14:25.
Old 06 June 2020, 14:56   #15
Ian
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
it is not so bad.
You don't change do you Mai, just as self-rightoues as always. What he is asking is people to check their files and let us know if they have uploaded any banned files.

You are both making more of it that you need to, but if you were actually a decent person, when you stopped some files in the 100,000 I uploaded 2 years ago, you could've been a team member and actually help get them removed, but alas you didn't.

Being the person you are, you decided to call for my banning in the moderator forum.

And here you are again, going through those same files and causing a ruckus.

I cannot be banned as a GM, just as you could not have been banned as a moderator, but believe me your behaviour in many threads warranted it, in fact some of the new rules were guided by you beligerant actions in certain topics.

If you do not want to be part of the solution, then please exercise your right to not visit. Most people are being supportive of the efforts taking place at the moment. If you cannot do so, then why are you even posting about it? Does it bring you pleasure to think you know something we don't?

All my files have been deleted, it's the first thing I did when it was decided what is going to happen to the uploads folders going forwards.

But if it cures you sense of injustice, I will self ban from the EAB for a week, just so you can have your pound of flesh and feel like you've achieved what your petty little mind craves.

Or maybe, seeing as you have been through the list, mention other stuff that could be removed that wasn't uploaded by me, in several other locations, you know be part of the solution.
Old 06 June 2020, 18:14   #16
profo

Guys, i think that some parts of some postings doesnt belong to this thread (or in the open forums)...
Fighting between (former and/or present) staff members has happened and will happen, no questions, but mai cant answer back as he is banned for now...

please sit down and have a beer... insert beer smiley
Old 06 June 2020, 21:30   #17
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by profo View Post
Guys, i think that some parts of some postings doesnt belong to this thread (or in the open forums)...
You're telling us, and everyone can clearly see who kicked it off again at 10:41am today

...the problem is that mai likes to post this stuff in public; in an attempt to do EAB / moderators damage; instead of discussing via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by profo View Post
but mai cant answer back as he is banned for now...
Yeah, he can't answer back at the moment... I had to ban him for two weeks in order to stop the crusade he's been on for many days now; and won't give up despite numerous warnings...

Anyway, no more discussion on the matter please.

Last edited by DamienD; 06 June 2020 at 21:40.
Old 07 June 2020, 12:29   #18
chocolate_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
That's a shame, there is so much content there that is only available on the EAB server. That does bring up an imporant point though, it is worth having these files somewhere else too, did anyone keep a backup? I have spare storage if anyone would like to create a new server.
Old 07 June 2020, 14:26   #19
stevelord

Damien can you increase your message quota please? I wanted to drop you a DM offering to help hunting for KS files but you're at your limit.
Old 07 June 2020, 15:46   #20
Radertified

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_boy View Post
That's a shame, there is so much content there that is only available on the EAB server. That does bring up an imporant point though, it is worth having these files somewhere else too, did anyone keep a backup? I have spare storage if anyone would like to create a new server.
This has been on my mind for a while now. If the server dies/disappears/whatever, everything's gone. It should ultimately be mirrored but to do that properly is costly and time consuming.

And the same with abime.net. If something were to happen to RCK, then what?