English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 09 April 2017, 22:52   #21
s2325
Zone Friend

Any reason his butt cheek is so obvious?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 09 April 2017, 23:25   #22
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Any reason his butt cheek is so obvious?
Who knows considering the quality of the sprites
Old 10 April 2017, 04:55   #23
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

really good work !! + the new whdload version !!!
Old 10 April 2017, 09:51   #24
nobody

Updated that red, new version in the zone. It was awful from the beginning, cannot change much because the bullets use the same color and the P2 highlight is used in the ground too!

Old 11 April 2017, 12:36   #25
earok

Great stuff, I'm glad the tutorial could be of use
Old 20 April 2017, 15:11   #26
nobody

A little more testing, I found that every area has a different palette. So after you finish area 1, then there you go, back to ugly colors.
Old 20 April 2017, 19:15   #27
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
A little more testing, I found that every area has a different palette. So after you finish area 1, then there you go, back to ugly colors.
indeed
Old 20 April 2017, 19:38   #28
s2325
Zone Friend

Maybe you can make night missions like in Wings of Fury
Old 15 July 2017, 12:44   #29
Lionel1701
Banned

nobody that's a great palette tweak! Perfect for a refreshing alternative and to retrieve the coin-op feeling in the Amiga version. Keep the good work, I will try it on my A500 tomorow.

And by the way (smile), you were lucky not to be flamed by stupid comments kinda "Hey bro, why do you loose your time to tweak this one, the Amiga palette is perfect?" or, since the coin-op palette is far less saturated, "Dude, your new palette is so depressing, i feel like shooting soldiers in autumn!".

I didn't have this luck, it made me stop ANY kind of contribution here.

Again, thanks a lot for this new version of Cabal!
Old 15 July 2017, 12:49   #30
DamienD
Global Moderator

Hello there Lionel1701 AKA Vollldo,

Welcome back

You never should have closed your account; maybe RCK could get it back for you.

Just in case you haven't seen, Galahad cracked Zoom! and Flashtro trained it: Zoom NTSC 1988 Discovery Software
Old 15 July 2017, 12:55   #31
Lionel1701
Banned

Quote:
Just in case you haven't seen, Galahad cracked Zoom! and Flashtro trained it: Zoom NTSC 1988 Discovery Software
I don't need to be subscribed here to know what is released or not on Amiga, I know about Zoom! and for all the rest. When I left I was coding what was about to be a big breakthrough in retrogaming (a new algorithm that would have make the actuel TOSEC XML format totally obsolete), so trust me, what's going on around new TOSEC releases I know it certainly better than most of the members here.

No way to get my old account back. The topic here is Cabal and you're out of topic. See you.

Last edited by Lionel1701; 15 July 2017 at 13:04.
Old 15 July 2017, 12:58   #32
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel1701 View Post
No way to get my old account back. The topic here is Cabal and you're out of topic. See you.
...ok, given your response I won't bother trying to be nice in future then Lionel.
Old 15 July 2017, 13:20   #33
Lionel1701
Banned

Quote:
...ok, given your response I won't bother trying to be nice in future then Lionel.
Sometimes I wonder if I speak chinese lol. Translation: I don't have any time to loose by reading useless and out of topic posts like your 2 last ones, and I really don't care about your attitude with me. So your choice will be always the good one whatever it is. In case you have a short memory (bad luck for you, it's NOT my case), you were the very first who posted a "I appreciate your efforts, but the Amiga palette is great so I don't see why you loose your time by tweaking it". However, the good news is that you learnt from your awkwardness since "nobody" didn't have the privilege to read a such terrible comment. Be constructive should be the norm here, right? It is.

Now about Cabal, since it IS the topic: nobody, I didn't play the whole game, did you tweak the palette until the end or not yet?

Last edited by Lionel1701; 15 July 2017 at 13:28.
Old 16 July 2017, 03:18   #34
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel1701 View Post
I don't have any time to loose by reading useless and out of topic posts like your 2 last ones, and I really don't care about your attitude with me.
...and you know what; I really don't have time for arrogant people like yourself that go off the rails when someone politely says "Why do this; the game is already a classic on the Amiga?"

I mean, please have a read through your Rainbow Island SE (alternative palette) thread again. You are so aggressive / rude with anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion.

In regards to your comments directed at me today, from my side I was trying to be welcoming and let bygones be bygones but coped the usual shite from you... and I let it go.

Anyway, since your comments, quite a few members have reported your post towards me and stressed that this shouldn't be tolerated. My fellow GMs have said the same.

...so, I've thought about it some more and guess what? You are now going on a permanent holiday. Don't try to return; I'll personally ban you again
Old 17 July 2017, 01:02   #35
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Anyway, since your comments, quite a few members have reported your post towards me and stressed that this shouldn't be tolerated. My fellow GMs have said the same.

...so, I've thought about it some more and guess what? You are now going on a permanent holiday. Don't try to return; I'll personally ban you again
He sure behaved like a rude uneducated child but a permanent ban also make light of the fact that people can change. As they say, every saint has a past, every sinner has a future. Permanent ban has this air of "I know you are irredeemable" which I find very unpleasant.
I hope you will reconsider, ban him for a month and at most he will annoy us twelve times a year.

Hugs and meows.

I'm off topic obviously so I will just say that I love the palette change! I never understood why they did not spend a few days to make one which matched the arcade version so good job!
Old 17 July 2017, 02:47   #36
DamienD
Global Moderator

Firstly, sorry to all for the off topic in this thread

@ReadOnlyCat; oh man, you're not here often these days so have missed quite a lot...

Anyway, I hear what you are saying but trust me, this decision wasn't taken lightly. I mean, Vollldo decided on his own accord to leave EAB a few months back, although if I'm honest and given his actions, some type of ban would have been enforced.

He was one of my friends; we'd help each other out over the many years

...the Rainbow Islands thread, have you actually read it? You should see how many reported posts we moderators received from his arrogant / flaming attitude!!!

Being one of my friends, I sent him numerous polite / curtious PMs trying to calm the situation down and offer advise. Unfortunately they fell on deaf ears and I was subject to all kinds of abuse / foul language in reply.

Anyway, I too like to give people a second chance, I'm a nice / helpful guy and it takes a lot to really annoy me... Hence why when I saw that he had returned I was welcoming, suggested getting his account back and also thought I'd fill him in on a game that I knew he was waited for to be cracked properly. You can see the rest in this thread

What am I supposed to do?!? Giving abuse to moderator of a forum multiple times is never a smart / good idea really and I've taken more than my fair share from him without taking action... All I've ever tried to do is help / diffuse the situation, I've been more than accommodating and quite frankly many other members are very annoyed with his attitude so reported his old account shenanigans plus new account replies to me. So, at the end of the day, sadly I had to take action. Trust me, it's not something that I enjoy doing

Finally, if you feel the need to speak about this further then please PM me. If you think that my decision is out of order then speak with another GM or take it up with RCK
Old 17 July 2017, 13:40   #37
nobody

I don't get it why people are fighting all the time in this forum. Fighting about ST/Amiga, about cracking games, about accelerators etc.
Too bad the other thread was closed it was really getting to Mayweather vs Mac connor battle with tons of street insults
Old 17 July 2017, 13:50   #38
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
I don't get it why people are fighting all the time in this forum. Fighting about ST/Amiga, about cracking games, about accelerators etc.
...you're telling me. It's getting increasingly difficult to moderate virtually by myself.

I think we need some new / active GMs to assist
Old 17 July 2017, 13:57   #39
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Just played it on my A1200. Looks indeed better on real hardware (Sony CRT TV RGB). Would be nice to have it hacked for WHDLoad too since the CD32 controls are useful.
No need to hack the WHDLoad patch, I can incorporate Nobody's palette tweak in an updated version of the patch.
Old 17 July 2017, 14:02   #40
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
No need to hack the WHDLoad patch, I can incorporate Nobody's palette tweak in an updated version of the patch.
That sounds cool but it's not finished yet...

Is that correct Nobody; you've only patched the first level and the others still need to be done don't they?
AdSense AdSense