English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 31 December 2002, 13:58   #1
MethodGit

Monkey Island 1 ***CDTV VERSION***

Now if this isn't rare then I'm Jack Black.

According to the info sheyat on this page, a CDTV version of Secret Of Monkey Island was made. I have not seen this materialise anywhere, so it's gota to be one of the rarest CD releases ever.

Indy Last Crusade was uncovered and now made a lot more available, so perhaps we could strike it lucky again with this equally fine gem?

If anyone has anymore info regarding this game (as to whether it got released at all, was it released only in certain countries et al) then please, share it here for me and everyone else to see, thank you.
Old 31 December 2002, 14:22   #2
derSammler

It was made, but never released...
Old 03 January 2003, 20:04   #3
Bernd

Quote:
Indy Last Crusade was uncovered and now made a lot more available, so perhaps we could strike it lucky again with this equally fine gem?
Don't know if I have understood this correctly, but where is/was Indy 3 CDTV available? I only know of three original copies of this game and two of Loom CDTV...
Old 04 January 2003, 01:04   #4
MethodGit

I meant by the fact that a BIN/CUE archive of it was eventually made and is now capable of popping up on most CD³² ISO places/FTPs.
Old 04 January 2003, 01:38   #5
Toaks

i have loom,monkeyisland,indianajones3,turrican1,prehistorik,falcon,made in japan,hollywood poker,north pole exp.etc ALL CDTV titles and all rare,and all found on the web via SHOPS,ebay and qxl.

and yes loom and monkeyisland i payed HEAPS for , so show me the cash if someone wants em! anyway i doubt i will ever sell em.

btw only turrican 1 i payed 99£ (thats english pounds) for , and that aint even considered rare anymore due to people who spread em over the web/ftp/irc.

pps yes all was made but released very limited to german only, and for the 2-3 shops who took cdtv in in 92 (uk).
So they are not only rare but VERY!.
Old 04 January 2003, 10:27   #6
Konrad

Quote:
Originally posted by tonya
and yes loom and monkeyisland i payed HEAPS for , so show me the cash if someone wants em! anyway i doubt i will ever sell em.
No one wants you to sell them but create cd-images of it. I'd love to take a look at the cdtv-version of monkey island.
Old 04 January 2003, 11:43   #7
Bernd

Quote:
i have loom,monkeyisland,indianajones3,turrican1,prehistorik,falcon,made in japan,hollywood poker,north pole exp.etc ALL CDTV titles and all rare,and all found on the web via SHOPS,ebay and qxl.
Could you please make a scan of the Monkey Island cover to prove its existence? I own/have seen the other titles you mention... Another rarity is Spirit of Excalibur CDTV. I'd pay a lot for it if i could ever locate a copy for sale.
Quote:
btw only turrican 1 i payed 99£ (thats english pounds) for , and that aint even considered rare anymore due to people who spread em over the web/ftp/irc.
The original product remains rare. Anyway collectors are definitely not interested in ISOS. They are simply redundant for a collection...
Quote:
I used to obtain two sealed copies of Turrican I at a Scandinavian computer shop for about 6 EUR each. I sold one copy for 120 EUR.
Old 04 January 2003, 12:15   #8
Toaks

Yes i would scan em if my damned scanner worked, if u read any ofmy other posts u can confirm that
i will get a new scanner or fix the prob with this one.

until then stick around..

btw i wontput any isos out, and that i allready stated why!.

Elend , Is that u ?? (bernd) ???

anyway finding Uk versions of theese gamesis damned hard and i think impossible,
spirit of excalibur is for sale on a CDTV website in us, sadly i wont send money in a envelope (as he only take this and Cheque)
(this is the place i got the BIG box of North polar exp. also and a few of thoose Adventure books (read out loud) , but back then i had an american friend with paypal whom i payed to do this,
sadly he dissapeared and has yet to be seen again.

sorry i dont remeber the addy atm , but the way i find em all is searching for CDTV and cd32 all over the place (google and altavista, and iirc i think it was on a link on "amiga island (the shop)"
Old 04 January 2003, 13:01   #9
Bernd

Quote:
Yes i would scan em if my damned scanner worked, if u read any ofmy other posts u can confirm that
i will get a new scanner or fix the prob with this one.

until then stick around..
OK. Great. Looking forward to the scans when you have sorted your scanner problem.

Quote:
btw i wontput any isos out, and that i allready stated why!.
Good decision.

Quote:
Elend , Is that u ?? (bernd) ???
Nope, but Elend was the guy who obtained Turrican I from me
Some months ago I saw that he sold his whole CDTV collection on Ebay. If I remember correctly the final
bid was under 500 EUR. He probably paid lots of more for all that stuff!! Anyway, sad that he gave up this hobby.

Quote:
spirit of excalibur is for sale on a CDTV website in us, sadly i wont send money in a envelope (as he only take this and Cheque)
(this is the place i got the BIG box of North polar exp. also and a few of thoose Adventure books (read out loud),
Ahh, please tell me who sells it? I'd really love to have it. I have no problems sending money in an envelope. Have already
done it many times and no problems...

Quote:
but back then i had an american friend with paypal whom i payed to do this,
sadly he dissapeared and has yet to be seen again.
We Europeans seem to be a bit old-fashioned towards Credit Cards. I don't have one either...

Quote:
sorry i dont remeber the addy atm , but the way i find em all is searching for CDTV and cd32 all over
the place (google and altavista, and iirc i think it was on a link on "amiga island (the shop)"
Does this apply to the shop which sells Spirit of Exc.? Not sure...
For some years I have tried to track down the game, but only found a reference on Usenet (Peter Olafson, I think).
I even spoke to the developer of the game, but he only had one copy which he wanted to keep for good reason.
Old 04 January 2003, 20:06   #10
bgbennyboy

I gave some of that version info to the Scumm Bar.
The cdtv info is based on this. Ive never seen any other info on CDTV mi1, i would be extremely interested in seeing cover scans and what-not. At the very least it'd be great to confirm whether or not it has tmfx music like the floppy version or cd-audio tracks like the pc-cd version.
Old 04 January 2003, 20:19   #11
RemiO

I would also be very interested in seeing a cover scan of the CDTV version. I know a lot of our SCUMM Bar readers used to be/still are Amiga nuts, and something like this is always a good way to get that whole nostalgia feeling running.

Old 21 December 2006, 15:44   #12
666pinhead

@Toaks

If you want sell Monkey Island CDTV, please let me know, i would make you a good price for it.
Old 21 December 2006, 16:09   #13
Toaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666pinhead
@Toaks

If you want sell Monkey Island CDTV, please let me know, i would make you a good price for it.

Well, as time has passed ..well i'm not paying too much attention to my huge collection of Amiga games anymore, i might consider it (selling) though i would demand to get more than i paid for it and well..it was alot.

so bids are welcome.

As to scans, i uploaded them to HOL ages ago, i have noticed that many others is missing too but since i have no time anymore, well i can't be arsed atm.

ps: i might even sell every box i have now (Amiga) , and thats about 2600 or so boxed games for the Amiga*CDTV*CD32 and AmigaCD.
Old 21 December 2006, 17:16   #14
666pinhead

I have send you an pm
Old 21 December 2006, 18:42   #15
Tony Landais
Zone Friend

I don t get the point for not making iso really...

I understand the value of the object for the collector but keeping the actual image doesn t make much sens to me

it s xmas come on Toaks!
Old 21 December 2006, 18:44   #16
Ironclaw
Banned

What if he breaks his CD some day?, or scratch is to damageness?... ISO it all... not for me, but others... it's xmas man .

Btw, was there ever an english talking version of Loom on the Amiga?, all I have is the french and german versions. I have the english speaking version, but for PC.
Old 21 December 2006, 19:31   #17
Toaks

if it get broken, who cares? , i have games from 1982 (c64) which is still mint and sealed.

As for sharing, won't happen.

I have shared before and as fast as i did that the value of the object fell from extremely rare to not interesting at all.

COllecting stuff is more to it than having a pirated copy on a cd somewhere, i am all for orginals and most of all if theyre sealed i will not open them...i learnt that some years back and i won't ever again open a package just because "SOMEONE" want the stuff inside.

Will try and re upload some of the scans/pictures this xmas, but no promises as im damn busy.
Old 21 December 2006, 19:35   #18
Toaks

as for LOOM , monkey island , indy3 CDTV , everyone is in german only (well atleast them whom i know of (about 5 of each game)

Floppy versions came in just about every format (a500)
Old 21 December 2006, 19:42   #19
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaks
COllecting stuff is more to it than having a pirated copy on a cd somewhere, i am all for orginals and most of all if theyre sealed i will not open them...i learnt that some years back and i won't ever again open a package just because "SOMEONE" want the stuff inside.
i respect your point, but i fail to contestualize the concept in a way, in an exemple, for to agree with you.
to collect is a compulsion, i try to stay far from it and yet i fall for it sometimes, but from there to avoid to share the content, the substance, in this case the entertainment of the software when i simply collect the medium, the box etc, i don't get. i understand the price of your prize would be lower if it wouldn't be not mint, what i don't get is why it should be extremely so. however, i'm not telling you how to do your stuff, i'm just puzzled.

Last edited by Marcuz; 22 December 2006 at 01:15.
Old 21 December 2006, 19:57   #20
Tony Landais
Zone Friend

Toaks I get your point but let s face it.
If you had a Metal Slug NEOGEO Cartbridge sealed or a PC engine first serie Hudson card still in box I would understand we would talk about thousands of pounds but Monkey Island CDTV in german worth simply nothing or at least not much than a Zelda for CDI philips
But show me i am wrong put it on ebay and let s see