English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 04 January 2014, 03:48   #61
rhester72

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
After a bit of playtime with this emulator i've discovered a few annoying things. Some WHDLoad games play too fast, i've tried lowering the speed to 7Mhz but they are still too fast (Basejumpers, Barbarian 1+2 (Palace versions), Harlequin etc.) Is this a fault in the emulation ?
It appears to be a (very old, in UAE terms) either VSYNC or CIA bug. The same thing happens in Wings, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
I have my Display settings as 640x256 (Amiga Hi-Res Mode ?). A lot of games are in Low-Res mode, I have to go back to the menu and select 640x200. Is there an on-screen key you can add to switch res in-game ?
You're talking about NTSC vs. PAL. It would be handy if there were a hotkey to switch between them, but it's challenging to know what the 'correct' resolution is (I have to go one higher on the vertical for each to get the whole screen to show up on the Ouya, for instance).

Rodney
Old 04 January 2014, 10:32   #62
Higgy

Let us hope those 'too quick' bugs can be fixed. I was planning on going back and playing some of the Cinemaware games after the recent 'Retro Gamer' magazine article. I had Wings back in the day and it was great, I had Rocket Ranger but found it too difficult.

Did you know if you hold L + R and press thumb stick up/down you can pan screen up/down on OUYA?
I think OUYA got their SDK keycodes wrong as L & R are wrong way round, this was also on another emulator which uses SDK keycodes for mapping (CPC Droid).

With USB keyboard the OUYA makes quite a good small 'modern AMIGA'.
Old 04 January 2014, 23:03   #63
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

del key now works with latest version of Multiling O Keyboard (updated today)
Old 05 January 2014, 16:11   #64
liveevil
Custom User Title

I've come to the conclusion that the Multiling O Keyboard is crap. Mine has now stopped being transparent and I don't know how to make it transparent again. And now I press any of the keys and I get "Error!, please let developer know". Some of the keys including the alphabet don't even work on some games.

Are you still thinking about making a Bigger built-in keyboard to replace the tiny one that pops up underneath the on-screen joypad! I hope you are.

It seems the best resolution is 640x262 because it fits everything onto the screen. An on-screen key (maybe in the top right corner and joypad configurable) to toggle the resolution to 640x216 and back again on the fly instead of having to change it in the menu.

Please reply with your thoughts on these. Thanks for your continued hard work.
Old 05 January 2014, 21:24   #65
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

new version 2.3.3.5

apk: uae4all2-sdl-2.3.3.5.apk

source: uae4all2-src-05012014.tar.gz

- config manager for harddrive(whdload)-games (load, save, delete config)
- small bugfix with navigation via dpad for GUI
- improved amiga compatibility (thanks to TomB)
Old 05 January 2014, 22:48   #66
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

liveevil,
I think increase built-in keyboard is possible, but need changing a lot of code. As for me create new keyboard with direct touches is better way.
I will try to return back quick switching of screen with on screen joystick with one of on-screen buttons. I will add in menu additional setting for enable or disable quick switching of screen (without returning to GUI).

Last edited by lubomyr; 05 January 2014 at 23:21.
Old 07 January 2014, 06:47   #67
AGAman

Hi, lubomyr
Thanks for the new update, works super fast on SGS4(now playing mp3, this is crazy). I have one question for you. Is posible to add 640x512 resolution with no flickering. I try with MagicTV but flickering is stil there.

p.s.
I realy want new update for ur E-UAE emulator (picasso96 mode rocks!) too. On SGS2 work everything ok, but on SGS4 in picasso96 mode after 1-2min mouse not work any more.

Old 07 January 2014, 17:25   #68
danytyler

Nice job lubomyr!!

Is it possible to add any crt or scanline filter? Amiga always worked in crt monitors like Trinitron or Matchline, and it´s the way we know it.
It would be fantastic.

Old 07 January 2014, 18:27   #69
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

AGAman, danytyler
I'm not ready to answer on your question. Sorry.
Old 07 January 2014, 18:31   #70
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

new version 2.3.4.0

apk: uae4all2-sdl-2.3.4.0.apk

source: uae4all2-src-07012014.tar.gz guichan-src-03012014.tar.gz

- added additional setting for enable/disable file extension filter
- added additional setting for enable/disable quick switch features via buttons
- small bug fixes
- improved amiga compatibility (thanks to TomB)
Old 07 January 2014, 21:48   #71
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

KGLoad Whdload games launcher tested with UAE4all2, works in HD-dir mode
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ghlight=kgload

Minimalistic startup-sequence for launch in startup
Code:
assign >NIL: C: SYS:c
assign >NIL: LIBS: SYS:libs

C:SetPatch QUIET

Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:
Assign >NIL: T: RAM:
Path >NIL: RAM: C: SYS:

Assign >NIL: KGLoad: SYS:
SYS:kg
IF EXISTS T:KGLoad/Load.kg
    Execute T:KGLoad/Load.kg
ENDIF
C:goWB
EndCLI >NIL:
Old 08 January 2014, 08:58   #72
olesio

@lubomyr: great work, I did not update that emu on my Pentargram Tab 8.0 from long time. And I see a lot of changes and nice progress in right direction. Tested only few minutes with Lotus 3 and FrankoPl (Both WHDLoad under HDF with TinyLauncher by GIBS). But I have request, It is possible to faster emulate on 14 MHz - a ZX Spectrum emulators? I know it is a little bit strange to emulate emulator in emularor. But I want try to play "Jumping Jack" with Kempston modification by FrankT from World of Spectrum forum made it for me. And under that emu I have nice transparent controls not like under ZX emulator Marvin for Android.

Under WinUAE emulation even on real Amiga 1200 config works fine. But under Android and this emulator it works very slow. I tried ZXAm (fake key scripts to bypass nast nags until StringRay will do patch for me) are executed too early. But the biggest problem is slow speed. Under ZXLive which need 8 MB of RAM I got even worse speed. Other WHDLoad games works fine and in correct speed under one frameskip setting to avoid sound desynchronization.

And last question, how about some easy keyboard support. Now I see default Android keyboard. But what about some Pinball games which need shifts/Amiga keys or cursor key? Maybe emu will support it in feature. And at end, I uploaded hdf for tests speed of ZX emulation with mentioned game at:

http://olesio.eu/2_jj_zx.hdf

And maybe I make later photo of my tablet screen, because on screen 1/2/3/4 buttons even on middle settings are a little bit outside of right border of screen. And joy controls can be a little be on left. Maybe about 20 px (on eye). Sorry for long post, but I did not write anything on EAB from long time. And - as always - sorry for my bad English
Old 08 January 2014, 09:42   #73
Higgy

olesio - there are faster clock speeds you can choose on the UI - 28, 56 & 112MHz. Does this help?
Old 08 January 2014, 12:51   #74
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Doubt you will have any luck.
Your tab already struggles to run Amiga emulator. I have a few A10 Allwinners (same spec as yours).

Its a single core ARM. Not going to be 100% perfect.
Old 08 January 2014, 13:43   #75
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

olesio,
Uae4all2 have all features for comfortable play any pinball type games.
Try use custom tab, and activate custom control, then assign buttons.
Also you can use on-screen tab for customize buttons position.
With config manager you can save all settings for whdload games.

Last edited by lubomyr; 08 January 2014 at 14:05.
Old 08 January 2014, 16:34   #76
olesio

@Higgy: do you tested hdf from included link? Because when I set faster clock than 14 MHz for this game it works even slower. Maybe it is my device issue :/

@lubomyr: I try later assign some custom controls. And like I remember from early version setting buttons position was not too good because buttons can be places in strange position by hand, so I prefer to use default one.
Old 08 January 2014, 17:41   #77
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

56 and 112 Mhz - required for extremely fast device
especially 112 Mhz (even on my fast quad core 1.5ghz cpu MTK6589T i have trouble with sound with this mode) I mostly use this speed mode only for future top devices.
Old 08 January 2014, 18:00   #78
Ariath

Firstly, again, big thanks for all your work with this Amiga emulator for Android, i'm sure this will, with time and work, be the best Amiga emulator .

Would be hard to add a button for disk eject to every drive?
I mean, i know we have a button for empty all drives but... it would be nice if we could eject a single drive instead all of them.

See ya!
Old 08 January 2014, 18:18   #79
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariath View Post
Would be hard to add a button for disk eject to every drive?
add eject buttons - not hard. The problem only to found free space on screen for this buttons. For implement it, floppy speed window will be moved to bottom side, and changed from 1 column to 2 column and 2 rows, drives window will be moved to right side, and we will receive some space for put 'eject' buttons

Last edited by lubomyr; 08 January 2014 at 18:28.
Old 08 January 2014, 19:54   #80
liveevil
Custom User Title

Hi, just a few quick questions :-

1) When I asked if it was possible to add a toggle button to switch resolutions I thought you were going to add a new button that when pressed would toggle between two selected resolutions i.e. 640x262 & 640x216. I didn't think you were going to add back the old version where you had to go through all the resolutions in sequence. I think i'll just stick with going back to the menu to manually change the res.

2) Are there any no-flicker resolutions in the works 640x512 etc. ?

3) What's going on with the button setup ? Button 1 is the fire button and Button 3 seems to be autofire but in some games they switch around (button 1 autofires), and I assume Button 2 is second fire button (it works when I choose two button joystick in compatible games). This is not what it says in the emulator description.

I tried a different Android keyboard called the Hackers Keyboard, it looked quite good (it has lots of similar buttons to the amiga and a seperate numpad) but it isn't transparent (which I think is needed otherwise you can't see what you're typing). The only thing is with these Android keyboards (Multiling O) is that some games just don't respond to the keys, even the alphabet, but the small built in keyboard does so something is being denied by the emulator.

Thanks.