English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 26 April 2006, 13:35   #1
chaoticjelly

CD32 lid arm has plastic broke off, any ideas?

Bought a CD32 off fleabay, described as fully working and in mint condition it arrived smelly, dirty and with the CD lid broken.

The arm is fine, its the plastic I think that retains the arm against the lid, its broken off (nowhere to be seen so must of been like that when he sent it out)

Ive read somewhere on the 'net that its not possible to repair, and that if I put a couple of videotapes on top of the lid it should work however does anyone have any ideas as to how to repair?

If I made a hole in the side of the lid where the arm goes, then a bigger hole in the metal arm, fixed a nut and bolt in, then made clearance for the bolt to fit inside the system when the lid pushes down.. would that work or am I just being ridiculous?

Any help appreciated..
Old 30 April 2006, 01:57   #2
Ze_ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticjelly
The arm is fine, its the plastic I think that retains the arm against the lid, its broken off (nowhere to be seen so must of been like that when he sent it out)
I assume this means you can't glue it back together?

Another option that might work would be to open up the system and somehow (tape? glue?) secure the arm in the down position so the system thinks that the lid is always shut. As long as you only switch discs when the system is off (Were there any multi-disc CD32 games?), I would think that this would work... although I haven't tried it myself.