English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 23 February 2015, 00:46   #1
ali-b

Thumbs up First meet up in Southampton - March 25th

Hi all
I've just put the seal on the event to host the first South Coast Amiga Rendezvous. (I was going to call it South coast Amiga Meet but SCAM sounded a bit, well, scammy

I've had the help of the wonderful Southampton Maker/hackerspace So Make It in getting this going. They have just moved into an amazing new large premises which can accomodate plenty of people and their miggies if they desire. Since seeing some pictures of the lincs group meet a few months ago, I was lamenting the lack of anything going on in the south central (UK) area, and it occurred to me... one needs to happen so JFDI! So I did

So if you are in striking distance of Southampton and can make it along on Wednesday 25th March, we'd love to see you!

Details and (free) tickets are on Eventbrite and while it's not necessary to have one, it will help us know what to expect numbers wise, both people and amiga numbers wise. (The event page is going to be listed in various non-amiga specific places so it does read as if not aimed at long time amiga enthusiasts)
Old 23 February 2015, 10:27   #2
ali-b

oops! for anyone who clicked through before this comment went up, the date on the event page was wrong. it's fixed now. To be clear, it's definitely MARCH 25th
Old 24 February 2015, 11:06   #3
ali-b

The Awesome Paul Kitching has done amazing work on a flyer for the event:

(He's also done the logo for Amiga 30 in Amsterdam - see more of his renderings on his twitter @thetekken)
Old 23 March 2015, 13:35   #4
ali-b

BUMP! This is THIS WEDNESDAY.

If you'd like to come along, please sign up through the eventbrite link in the top post or in my sig
(looks like about 20 people coming along so far, about 50:50 SoMakeIt members to non members)
Thanks
Old 08 January 2016, 01:16   #5
jraclarke

Hi all,

Any future events plannned? I'm in So'ton, have an A500 and I'm not afraid to use it in anger!
Old 08 January 2016, 09:17   #6
ali-b

Hi! Thanks for the interest. While I definitely want to do another, I don't have one planned specifically right now, mainly from a lack of mutually available dates, however if you want to come down to somakeit with your miggy, I'm there most Tuesday evenings and we can fire it up/chat/troubleshoot etc.