English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 29 October 2007, 21:20   #1
Bolch

Stuck in Waxworks

I started to really immerse myself in this great horror adventure, when an unexpected bug ruined everything.

On the Ripper level I have to find a prostitute called Molly. According to the walkthrough, I have to talk twice to the landlord of the riverside inn, who then gives me a crowbar and an assignment.

But he doesn't. He just keeps saying that he doesn't know anything about Molly, and I don't get any new answers and no dialogue options. End of the line.

Could anyone offer a solution to this problem?
Old 29 October 2007, 21:48   #2
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolch View Post
I started to really immerse myself in this great horror adventure, when an unexpected bug ruined everything.

On the Ripper level I have to find a prostitute called Molly. According to the walkthrough, I have to talk twice to the landlord of the riverside inn, who then gives me a crowbar and an assignment.

But he doesn't. He just keeps saying that he doesn't know anything about Molly, and I don't get any new answers and no dialogue options. End of the line.

Could anyone offer a solution to this problem?
Longplay of Waxworks, streamed in perfect quailty from RAG (you need the latest flash player)

Download Waxworks
Old 29 October 2007, 21:58   #3
Bolch

Thanks for the links, but I fear that they don't really solve the problem.

I'd like to complete the game myself, not just watch a movie about someone else completing it.

(But I'll watch it nonetheless... maybe the maker of the video had a workaround for this problem.)

Last edited by Bolch; 29 October 2007 at 22:16.
Old 30 October 2007, 20:29   #4
Bolch

Okay, I found the solution. It seems that the Ministry version is buggy at this part. I tried the Fairlight crack instead and it works. (Though I had to start the whole game from scratch, but at least I have the hope now that I would actually finish it...)
Old 30 October 2007, 22:02   #5
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolch View Post
Okay, I found the solution. It seems that the Ministry version is buggy at this part. I tried the Fairlight crack instead and it works. (Though I had to start the whole game from scratch, but at least I have the hope now that I would actually finish it...)
I remember this part being buggy in the Ministry version as well. However, you should be able to save the game on the Ministry and continue on FLT for that section. I didn't use the FLT crack to finish, but had to restart the level.
Old 01 November 2007, 14:08   #6
Bolch

I finally completed the game. It was a little tricky, though, because the Fairlight crack is buggy at the Pyramid part and the Ministry version is buggy on the London level! So I needed both versions (and careful switching between them at the right time).

But the game was great, so it worth all the trouble.
Old 03 November 2007, 00:03   #7
demoniac

Out of the Horrorsoft games, I still like Elvira the best.
Old 03 November 2007, 00:45   #8
Marcuz

Elvira and the sequel i can find with the solve on my lap, waxworx, even with that i could never. the ripper level is just too frustrating...
Old 03 November 2007, 01:05   #9
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Ministry version bugged?
I guess that explains why I never was able complete that Jack the Ripper level.
The ministry crack didn't work from HD either, the copyprotection prevented you playing from HD as it wasn't properly cracked.
Old 03 November 2007, 08:44   #10
Bolch

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniac View Post
Out of the Horrorsoft games, I still like Elvira the best.
Yeah, I agree that the Elvira games were better - though Elvira II could become extremely frustrating since it allowed you to use up even crucial items as spell components. I was quite shocked when I discovered at the very end of the game that I coldn't cut the wires of the golem because I used the tool earlier for a lightning spell...

"Waxworks" is more forgiving in this aspect since you have unlimited inventory and it doesn't allow you to drop vital objects beforehand.

Yeah, the Ripper level was very frustrating, especially in the beginning - the starting part of London is CRAWLING with randomly patrolling cops and angry mobs. I got killed 111233435466 times till I managed to make a proper map...
Old 03 November 2007, 22:29   #11
demoniac

Somehow I managed to escape the mobs and workaround the bug on my 2nd attempt without a map.

I stopped fairly early on in Elvira II, right before going to the first studio section. I will return to this soon.

I like Elvira (I) more as the medieval atmosphere was more engaging to me.

One of these days, I'll try Personal Nightmare as well, but the gfx and interface weren't as good.
Old 03 November 2007, 23:42   #12
Marcuz

Personal Nightmare is great for atmosphere and graphics imho, but the gameplay is the difficultest of the bunch. even with the solution i couldn't go far.
definitely worth trying though
Old 07 April 2008, 09:42   #13
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw View Post
I "resurrected" this tread just to say this movie is really useful!!!! The solve included in the WHDLoad release is not so accurate in some parts, and the Egyptian scene of this game is damn difficult!