English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 July 2007, 10:11   #1
MickJT

directory harddrive issues

Forgive me if this is already fixed, but I always had a problem renaming the "Prefs" directory in SYS: (to change the case) or the editing the startup-sequence file, if I use folders for hard drives instead of hardfiles.
Old 19 July 2007, 10:40   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

(moved from beta thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJT View Post
Forgive me if this is already fixed, but I always had a problem renaming the "Prefs" directory in SYS: (to change the case) or the editing the startup-sequence file, if I use folders for hard drives instead of hardfiles.
I think you are doing this backwards, you should report the problem first (including exactly what are doing) before waiting for fix
Old 19 July 2007, 12:22   #3
MickJT

Aww i'm sorry :-) It's been a long-standing problem so I thought it may have been fixed now. I know it isn't in the latest non-beta. (Isn't fixed, that is)

Description is pretty simple.. Install WinUAE, set up Workbench and Work folders, install OS3.9 from scratch, & DOpus (not required). Prefs directory cannot be renamed and startup-sequence cannot be edited, deleted or renamed either.

Edit: Off-topic. When you move a post into a different thread. I have to find it, and have to search my own posts. Am I missing something. Can it be done easily?
Edit2: FYI, if it makes any difference, the device names are DH0 and DH1 for Workbench and Work respectively.

Last edited by MickJT; 19 July 2007 at 12:35.
Old 19 July 2007, 13:23   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Aww i'm sorry :-) It's been a long-standing problem so I thought it may have been fixed now. I know it isn't in the latest non-beta. (Isn't fixed, that is)
I know about it but I have only gotten very few reports, perhaps one or two.

The point I was making: If the bug is something that I don't trigger regularly and I don't care about it too much (mainly non-chipset hitting stuff), I won't fix it without getting enough reports. (no reports = not worth the trouble)

Startup-sequence problem (couldn't duplicate prefs) will be fixed in next beta, thanks for reporting

(interestingly rename was handled properly, it was fixed ages ago but I missed one small detail, setpatch reset didn't free native side filehandles, startup-sequence's native-side handle was left open until winuae is terminated)
Old 19 July 2007, 17:29   #5
MickJT

Thanks..

Do you prefer to have problems reported on this forum, or via email? Or a private message on this forum?

... and about my off-topic question regarding moving a post from an existing thread to a new thread. Is there an easy way to find it without searching for my own posts?
Old 20 July 2007, 10:55   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Do you prefer to have problems reported on this forum, or via email? Or a private message on this forum?
Email is ok but I prefer posting here, I have habit of forgetting to fix email bug reports if I don't fix them immediately..

Quote:
... and about my off-topic question regarding moving a post from an existing thread to a new thread. Is there an easy way to find it without searching for my own posts?
no idea..