English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 05 November 2004, 11:20   #1
Macca
Zone Friend

FAO: Bloodwych or Bloodwych Fans

Well I suppose with a nick like that you should know everything about the game Bloodwych.

I am primarily after a trainer (a cash trainer) as I am fed up of having to try and get cash of the monsters (takes so long trading arrows for one gold).

I've scoured the web but can't find anything - had a look on Aminet as well and still nothing - sure someone somewhere will have a trainer for this.

Cheers,

Please don't use direct signature in your post, configure your UserCP instead. Thanks.

Last edited by Paul; 05 November 2004 at 11:37.
Old 05 November 2004, 11:49   #2
Bloodwych

No need for any trainers, although you should really be playing this game with a friend – one player is poor in comparison to co-operative play. As you can see by the screen size, this was designed as a two player. I think one player was added as an after thought as the puzzles later in the game only shine in two player mode requiring cooperation to continue. One player kind of hacks the puzzles in order to let a single person get by. Plus you can have death matches and play tricks on your friends and kill them (and yourself) by accident using certain spells

To your question. When starting the game, recruit then dismiss all characters to steal their gold before deciding on your final team to soldier on with. This gives you a head start and will adorn you with enough cash until you build up your chaos (yellow) spells. At a certain level, you’ll get a spell called Alchemy. Murlock (the best character in the game IMO) is the quickest at achieving this spell as chaos magic is native to him. Plus he gets the almighty disrupt before others too.

This spell is a lifesaver. It will change any object held in the casters hand to gold! Read on this site for more info on spells as they are key part of the game.

The only real time you need to speak to monsters in the original Bloodwych (not datadisk) is 1) for weapons and armour (pay attention to the monsters colour) where you can get some advanced goodies before they appear in rooms 2) Perhaps for food if it's short 3) Finally, keeping them busy while preparing spells. In two player you can use communicate to get out of tight situations or distract a monster while your friend attacks.

Another hint - when you get the spell "illusion", it's ideal for creating a blue "fat jabber" that can be used to buy food from in famine situations. These can then be disposed of very easily after having your way.

Loads more key skills that can be discovered in the game - it's more complex than many people think. For instance, having two heavy weapons (eg axe, longsword) in either hand produces worse hit points than holding only one. Lighter weapons however can be more potent by using one in each hand.

EDIT: If you are determined to use a trainer even after this fine advice, I remember something called a "Character Editor" that could change save game files. Think it was on the LSD Docs disks, not sure. Might be worth a search on Google.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 05 November 2004 at 12:42.
Old 05 November 2004, 15:12   #3
Macca
Zone Friend

Thanks for the hints and tips mate.

Well I have played this game many years ago, as you suggested, with a friend.. unfortunately due to me moving a couple of hundred miles away to play with anyone around here is not possible.

I remember some of the spells and such like and bizarrely some of the routes to other parts of the dungeon (I particularly remember this nasty two player part where you split up - on one player it was evil!).

The main reason I asked was because of money - I remember the sell an arrow for one gold trick but unfortunately it takes so long to do... and as I need spells - hehe

Cheers for the website link - not sure why but the menu on the left isn't working?

Please don't use direct signature in your post, configure your UserCP instead. Thanks.

Last edited by Paul; 06 November 2004 at 11:46.
Old 05 November 2004, 18:06   #4
Bloodwych

There are two identical sites - one (www.bloodwych.co.uk) has the knackered menu, the other I linked above is fully functional for me, on IE5.5

Look to the towers my friend....

EDIT: The menu is working on both sites now!

Last edited by Bloodwych; 05 November 2004 at 18:27.
Old 05 November 2004, 22:24   #5
Macca
Zone Friend

Well I use IE6 SP2 - however both sites don't work - lol

I checked out LSD Docs Disks and it does have the docs for a trainer on LSD Docs 01 - but nothing more (no actual trainer).

Nevermind I suppose I'll have to do it the hard way - lol - be great if they had a multiplayer internet player version out...
Old 05 January 2006, 22:52   #6
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca
Nevermind I suppose I'll have to do it the hard way - lol - be great if they had a multiplayer internet player version out...
digging out an old thread... but there is now!!

http://www.djcresswell.com/bloodwychonline2.zip