English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 21 November 2007, 22:07   #1
Spellcoder
Spellcoder

Amiga Coding WIKI

Halfway september I started with a project:
Amiga Coding WIKI

On this website I hope to gather knowledge for programming on the Amiga. This is not limited to one language, nor is it aiming for only beginners or experts. I hope to get more people interested in writing on this WIKI.

To get the project started I've started to write articles about AMOS and 680x0 assembler.

Because this month the AMOS-list is 15 years old, I've focused my energy on the AMOS part!! In honour of the 15th birthday I've added all
articles from the AMOSPro Help System to the Amiga Coding WIKI. This are about 900+ articles, mostly comprising of info on the 700+ instructions AMOSPro V2 knows.

Additionally it's now possible to get an @amigacoding.com email address. More info about that can be found on the website.

Anyway if anyone is willing to contribute to this project: you only need to register an account and you can start to edit.
Old 21 November 2007, 23:18   #2
BippyM
Global Moderator

nice
Old 22 November 2007, 00:30   #3
Pyromania

Very very good!

Old 22 November 2007, 01:36   #4
Pyromania

Spellcoder, I hope you don't mind. I have added this to the Links section of www.openvideotoaster.org
Old 22 November 2007, 10:25   #5
kriz

Cool!
Old 22 November 2007, 10:41   #6
xampi

That’s great, hopefully we see some new tutorials!

Old 22 November 2007, 10:49   #7
Spellcoder
Spellcoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Spellcoder, I hope you don't mind. I have added this to the Links section of www.openvideotoaster.org
Ofcourse I don't mind . Thanks for linking to the website.
Old 22 November 2007, 16:48   #8
BippyM
Global Moderator

I'll be interested in the asm side of things, and you can take any resources from eab tat you like. For some bits always best to ask the coder but generally it'll be ok

You can def take anything of mine, including my 2 cracking tuts and hopefully Galahad, Codetapper, Stingray etc will be willing to contribute some bits
Old 22 November 2007, 22:52   #9
Spellcoder
Spellcoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
I'll be interested in the asm side of things, and you can take any resources from eab tat you like. For some bits always best to ask the coder but generally it'll be ok

You can def take anything of mine, including my 2 cracking tuts and hopefully Galahad, Codetapper, Stingray etc will be willing to contribute some bits
That sounds great Where can I find those tutorials?
Old 22 November 2007, 23:09   #10
BippyM
Global Moderator

http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=73
Old 22 April 2020, 01:17   #11
Nightshft

I know this thread is old, but this post absolutely fits best here.

Yesterday I wanted to register at www.amigacoding.com which still is a great resource as I wanted to correct some links for example.
Registering didn't work (and the top line shows a php-warning). Any way to fix this?
Old 24 April 2020, 10:03   #12
sparhawk

Cool thing! Actually I was trying to get access to some existing sites for the same reason, but they are all dead, so I'm quite happy for this site.
Unfortunately registering doesn't work. When I click on the "Create account" button, I always get back to the same page. No info if I did something wrong and no other response either. I'm using Firefox.

So how do you join the site?
Old 24 April 2020, 11:28   #13
olleharstedt_wo

I actually wanted to join too, but couldn't, so I started my own on github: https://github.com/olleharstedt/amiga-test/wiki

Let me know if you want write access. The most important part of that particular wiki would be to have MIT-licensed compile-ready and heavily documented snippets in C and ASM.
Old 24 April 2020, 13:09   #14
Daedalus

Registration was closed and has to be done manually on amigacoding.com. I think the contact details of the maintainer are on there somewhere - that's how I got my account anyway.
Old 24 April 2020, 13:28   #15
sparhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by olleharstedt_wo View Post
I actually wanted to join too, but couldn't, so I started my own on github: https://github.com/olleharstedt/amiga-test/wiki

Do you plan to move to some other wiki later on?

Quote:
Let me know if you want write access. The most important part of that particular wiki would be to have MIT-licensed compile-ready and heavily documented snippets in C and ASM.

Actually I would like to have some WIKI where every aspect of the Amiga can be documented. OS calls, hardware, snippets, etc.. If that's ok for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Registration was closed and has to be done manually on amigacoding.com. I think the contact details of the maintainer are on there somewhere - that's how I got my account anyway.

That was where I tried to register. I looked now again, but I didn't find any contact.
Old 24 April 2020, 16:39   #16
olleharstedt_wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
Do you plan to move to some other wiki later on?

Actually I would like to have some WIKI where every aspect of the Amiga can be documented. OS calls, hardware, snippets, etc.. If that's ok for you.

Move to other wiki, maybe. Right now, maybe the combination of wiki and code repository is a good thing. But other wiki systems have better functionality with regard to article history and navigation than github. Best would be to use one of the systems that already are up, like amigacoding.com, but yeah, as you noticed, it's impossible to get in touch with anyone there.

Documenting every issue is not the best use-case, because you'd end up copying lots of reference books. I was thinking it to be enough either to upload PDFs of reference books, or link to resources. Also, I wanted to focus on game development.

Last edited by olleharstedt_wo; 24 April 2020 at 17:10.
Old 24 April 2020, 22:41   #17
Daedalus

Quote:
That was where I tried to register. I looked now again, but I didn't find any contact.
Hmmm, it seems you're right. The guy who owns it goes by the username Spellcoder (same one who started this thread, but isn't a recent user), and appears to have removed the contact form from the site. It had massive issues with spam a while back, which is why automatic registration is disabled (and probably related to the php warnings pop up since the site code is probably quite old these days).

He has the username Spellcoder on Google's various services too, so you could email him that way if you wished. (Stumbled across this ) Perhaps he'd be open to the idea of someone updating the wiki code to fix issues and allow open registration...
Old 25 April 2020, 16:15   #18
sparhawk

Quote:
He has the username Spellcoder on Google's various services too, so you could email him that way if you wished. (Stumbled across this ) Perhaps he'd be open to the idea of someone updating the wiki code to fix issues and allow open registration...

I rather see what direction olleharstedt_wo repo is going, as this is a more open approach. In the last weeks I have spent quite some time trying to contact outdated wiki owners, which is a bit cubersome. And even if I get access, it is questionable what benefit it has, if the admin is so hard to find in the long run.
Old 25 April 2020, 19:34   #19
olleharstedt

Quote:
I rather see what direction olleharstedt_wo repo is going, as this is a more open approach. In the last weeks I have spent quite some time trying to contact outdated wiki owners, which is a bit cubersome. And even if I get access, it is questionable what benefit it has, if the admin is so hard to find in the long run.

If you want to contribute, report an issue and I'll grant your github user write-access to the repo.
Old 25 April 2020, 22:05   #20
Nightshft

Quote:
... It had massive issues with spam a while back, which is why automatic registration is disabled ....
Yeah, looks like. The general php warning is now gone (from my point of view) but if you tick both checkboxes at registration (which you obviously shoudn't) you get:

"Undefined offset: 1 in .../www/extensions/SpammersAreEvil/spammersareevil3.php on line 207"

I still hope Spellcoder finds this thread and opens a way to register again soon maybe.