English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 23 July 2019, 15:15   #1
ProdigalAmigan

Make HDF (or other format) image of real Amiga CompactFlash HD?

Hello fellow Amigans!

I'm wondering about the possibility of making a full image of the boot partition of my real Amiga 1200 to HDF or other harddrive imaging format and save it to a CompactFlash connected via the PCMCIA adapter for safekeeping.

I am using Professional FileSystem 3.1 All-In-One
http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/pfs3aio

I'm not comfortable with opening and closing the Amiga case to get to the CompactFlash to image it using WinUAE as it is old and I'm worried about wearing out the screwholes eventually so I am looking for a way to do it on the Amiga and to be able to transfer off the Amiga.

Ideally I would have liked to be able to image the whole 32 GB harddrive but I have yet to find any CF card that works with the PCMCIA adapter and the compactflash.device driver that exceeds 8 GB! I have bought several different 16 GB CF cards but they flat out refuse to work. They are detected but cannot be used to transfer files....

--> Forgot to mention previously <--

I tried using Tracksaver GUI for this as it said in the description of the program "- can create Image files (also known as ADF or HDF) from any floppy disk or harddisk partition" but unfortunately the resulting HDF seemed corrupted when I tried accessing/using it with WinUAE (to test) I don't know if I missed something when doing it or what...
Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated.

//ProdigalAmigan

Last edited by ProdigalAmigan; 23 July 2019 at 19:51. Reason: Adding more info!
Old 23 July 2019, 19:16   #2
AMIGASYSTEM

On Amiga OS I don't remember if there is a program to clone the Hardisk but I think this is not a problem. Maybe you could copy all the data somewhere even the creation of an ISO would be useful and especially fast. Done this on WinUAE you can recreate the partition on HardFile install the PFS filesystem and copy your data

Then you can also use the HardFile to recreate your CompactFlash bootable as it was in oigine.
Old 23 July 2019, 19:48   #3
ProdigalAmigan

Thank you Amigasystem for your suggestion!
I'll look into it definitely.